Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ray Brown for OL Coach

method man

I think we need to keep as many of these position coaches as we can. It is a given Bugel, Breaux, and Simmons are gone, but I want to keep Lazor, Olivadotti, Gray, and Blatche (questionable...looks like he is going to retire). To replace Bugel, I think Ray Brown who seems smart enough to teach the game and has played both guard and tackle would be a great fit to coach the OL. At the very least, I'd love to see him work with Lorenzo Alexander all spring long

Why is it a given Bugel is gone? Those other guys hardly do anything anymore, but Buges would be a huge loss. He's done some of his best coaching this year.

Ray Brown, based on what I have seen of him on Comcast, is a genuinely nice guy but in no way does that translate into being an effective coach.

I would be for this big time. If I'm not mistaken, Ray came in last year to coach up our oline when it was performing like crap, then they all of a sudden turned around and played well.

Yup exactly why I think he should be given the reigns to the OL. I bet Samuels, Jansen, Thomas, and the other guys who played with him respect the hell out of him as well.

Why is it a given Bugel is gone? Those other guys hardly do anything anymore, but Buges would be a huge loss. He's done some of his best coaching this year.

Ray Brown, based on what I have seen of him on Comcast, is a genuinely nice guy but in no way does that translate into being an effective coach.

Buges ain't staying without Joe.

I would be for this big time. If I'm not mistaken, Ray came in last year to coach up our oline when it was performing like crap, then they all of a sudden turned around and played well.

I'm for it too. Especially if Buges resigns which is likely now that Gibbs retired.

Coach Bugel will not be back he is dealing with sickness in his family, here is a link:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/article/20080103/SPORTS/735083145/0/BUSINESS

He actually just acted as a go between for the coaching staff and players. If he was so great and wanted to coach, they would have kept him on instead of sending him to comcast...

He actually just acted as a go between for the coaching staff and players. If he was so great and wanted to coach, they would have kept him on instead of sending him to comcast...

Yeah but Buges was already here. So who knows, maybe he would be a good fit.

Alls I know is that Buges is gone.

Maybe it was his decision to work on Comcast? At the end of the last show, he hinted that he would go into coaching, or at least something with the Redskins organization.

Yup exactly why I think he should be given the reigns to the OL. I bet Samuels, Jansen, Thomas, and the other guys who played with him respect the hell out of him as well.

If nothing else, his Vet experience ought to help out the newbies we better draft this April.

Archived