Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it time to let Betts go?

jivelikenice

OK, here are my points regarding this thread:

1) Betts has a great cap number, doesn't complain, gives a good boost when the line is healthy, plays Special Teams and spells Portis. The only thing we lose is blocking ability on blitzes when he's in the game.

2) No team will trade anything higher than a 5th rounder for a 29 year old backup RB. So forget any first day picks.

3) Did you guys forget about Marcus Mason? Pretty good talent coming back.

4) All you West Virginia and whatever else college homers- I really wish you'd stop pushing your favorite players on us. I'm a Maryland fan, but you don't see me pushing Lance Ball on everyone. Which leads to #5.

5) Glad you guys aren't the GM. We need a big WR, CB, WSLB, SS, OG and DE and you cats want to use one of our 6 picks on a RB? Portis, Betts, Mason, possibly resigning Rock. See how ridicuous that is. Get real.

Owen schmitt is the first WVU player in a LONG time I've seen that I think would fit in this system right now and could be done if we can find a suitor for betts. If not then of course you dont' do it, that's a given. And we do have other options, but I'm a fan of drafting BPA when you can, the problem here is I don't think Schmitt lasts past the 3rd Round and unless we stockpile an extra pick to get him I don't see it happening. But I would LOVE to see him here.

Archived