Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sadly TC played like JC.

FanSinceSonnyJ

Heartbreaker yesterday. It was a special season that hit all our emotions - highs and lows.

Let's rejoice in the fact that we even made the playoffs! Coming off 4 straight losses and a 5-7 record where JC showed some "flashes" but couldn't seem to put games away, it was refreshing watching TC lead the team to 4 straight wins with virtually flawless play.

Sadly, yesterday his carriage turned into a pumpkin. Sure also had "flashes", but the bottom line he also couldn't deliver when the chips were down. Biggest reason? Our OL got flat out whipped and AS was too slow to make adjustments. We looked inept offensively, yet again. Perhaps we got a little too full of ourselves after beating an uninspired Cowboy team.

Bottom line, TC looked like JC - costly turnovers prove this point.

Read another post how JC would have been better for this game. Sorry, don't think Tom Brady himself could have survived the horrible OL play.

TC did show us something during our 4 game run, which is what JC best do next season. TC reads the field quicker and has better timing than JC.

Look for Gibbs or whoever is coaching to give JC a quick hook next season should he continue looking quite average. TC should be signed for another year or two, he'll come much cheaper to resign after yesterday's game. We should keep our options open at the QB position.

Let's hope JC surprises many of us and comes through, otherwise we've wasted a lot of time.

some of the sacks were on him, he couldnt even move.

i never seen campbell get sacked like that unless its a free man coming in his blindside.

Collins was getting sacked because he couldnt move at all, and the oline is bad.

i never seen campbell get sacked like that unless its a free man coming in his blindside.

Collins was getting sacked because he couldnt move at all, and the oline is bad.

Kind of hard to move when the DE's are running rampant from the edges and the DT's are pushing our center and guards 3 yds into the backfield. That was the worst OL play we've had in quite a while.

Still TC should not have thrown the INT's, you can't expect to win when your QB is throwing a couple of interceptions per game. This is my biggest beef with JC, along with his slow reads and releases.

It's also nice to have a fricken kicker who can make chip shot field goals.

Kind of hard to move when the DE's are running rampant from the edges and the DT's are pushing our center and guards 3 yds into the backfield. That was the worst OL play we've had in quite a while.

Still TC should not have thrown the INT's, you can't expect to win when your QB is throwing a couple of interceptions per game.

It's also nice to have a fricken kicker who can make chip shot field goals.

Basic Football 101: If Qb is a statue, you rush up the field and collaspe the pocket.

You have the same excuse for campbell, but it doesn't apply to collins :laugh:

Another chance where TC benefited from a short field, but couldnt produce

Oh, I don't know - his supposedly "sailing passes" got us 4 straight wins. It doesn't have to be pretty as long as it works. Billy Kilmer taught us that! :laugh:

Ya, it works on bum ass rookies like McCauley, and the 31st ranked passing defense and Jacques Reeves, 4th cb of the cowboys. Oh he was lucky as hell to complete those 2 on the sidelines to Moss in the NYG, 1 of those passes went thru the defenders hands

Basic Football 101: If Qb is a statue, you rush up the field and collaspe the pocket.

You have the same excuse for campbell, but it doesn't apply to collins :laugh:

Another chance where TC benefited from a short field, but couldnt produce

Have you ever even played the game? Madden video doesn't count. :laugh:

Basic football 101: Any QB, statue or scrambler, can not escape a pocket collapsing from both sides and a rush up the middle. Besides, you make it sound as if JC is a great scrambler, which he is not.

TC played like the offensive line let him. There was too much pressure coming and they couldn't stop it. The two INT's that he threw was on him but as I said in an earlier post, when Chris Cooley is taken away as a weapon and forced to block most of the game and the only receiver making plays is Randle El, we can't win too many. We have to be firing on all cylinders.

Have you ever even played the game? Madden video doesn't count. :laugh:

Basic football 101: Any QB, statue or scrambler, can not escape a pocket collapsing from both sides and a rush up the middle. Besides, you make it sound as if JC is a great scrambler, which he is not.

This was the same **** happening to JC all season and he was able to have us compete with the number of injuires. A team that was smart enough and had the speed killed us. Did you see the # of LB blitzes yesterday and how Kerney owned Heyer.

Ya, it works on bum ass rookies like McCauley, and the 31st ranked passing defense and Jacques Reeves, 4th cb of the cowboys. Oh he was lucky as hell to complete those 2 on the sidelines to Moss in the NYG, 1 of those passes went thru the defenders hands

Spoken like a true JC fan! You must have been simmering when TC was doing well and smiling ear to ear after TC threw his ints. Some of you guys are unbelievable.

Newsflash: JC "led us" to 4 straight losses. He played no better than TC, and a compelling case has been made that TC outplayed him.

According to you

When the redskins lose with JC in there, its his fault

But when TC loses, its the offensive line :laugh:

Thanks i finally get it now :laugh:

quit hatin on campbell if we would have not dropped as many balls this season when he played like the dallas and green bay game for instance and moss would have been healthy we would not be comparing the two.... saturday's game i guarntee campbeel would have been able to escape some of those rushes with his feet.... campbell needs to be able to protect the ball more!!!!!!!!!! that is the only nack on him really he is young he is gonna make mistakes he is just trying to win the game

Collins reminded me of Drew Bledsoe in the pocket.

Two late game picks. The first, blame Santana, blame Collins,.........who knows? Blame them both. If in five games that's his worst decision how can you be so down on him? Can't expect perfection. The last pick I called before the drive started. I knew they'd be pressing to get it downfield and he would have to take more of a chance on his throws. Seriously, Collins IS the better quarterback right now on sheer intelligence. Somehow Campbell has to marry his so-called "athleticism" to a smarter understanding of football. Accomplish that and you have a better QB than Collins. Until that time we're spinning our wheels with Campbell. I keep repeating myself but I feel there has got to be a QB comp in training camp or Campbell will not improve. He'll be complacent because the job is handed to him on a silver platter.

Two late game picks. The first, blame Santana, blame Collins,.........who knows? Blame them both. If in five games that's his worst decision how can you be so down on him? Can't expect perfection. The last pick I called before the drive started. I knew they'd be pressing to get it downfield and he would have to take more of a chance on his throws. Seriously, Collins IS the better quarterback right now on sheer intelligence. Somehow Campbell has to marry his so-called "athleticism" to a smarter understanding of football. Accomplish that and you have a better QB than Collins. Until that time we're spinning our wheels with Campbell. I keep repeating myself but I feel there has got to be a QB comp in training camp or Campbell will not improve. He'll be complacent because the job is handed to him on a silver platter.

Solid post. I agree. I got the feeling JC grew complacent over the weeks he started this season, sort of if he though he believed he was annoited to be the starter. Didn't see the drive in him to get better.

He best step up his game next season as the coaching staff will not be nearly as patient and the excuse of saying he's young and green will not be applicable.

I don't know. For me, the pick that was intended to Moss was a result of an offensive lineman being pushed into Todd Collins legs right as he was throwing. That's why it hung in the air. I'm not exactly sure why anyone even worries about the last INT. If I recall, he got hit on that too but even if not, the game was essentially over.

I don't blame Jason for the very end of the GB game where we had guys JUST get hurt and they ratched up the pressure. It would have taken a lot with the time left on the clock to win that, esp with recent injuries on the offensive line.

Jason's issue is not getting hit and throwing a pick, it's being untouched and throwing to the other team right with no interference. I wouldn't complain about the Dallas pass if Jason was getting hammered and the ball fell short. No one reasonable would do that.

Todd led us back from 13 down on the road. Why are people not looking at that? Jason had good protection against Dallas and Tampa (for the most part) and still choked. I don't see a comparison really.

When Todd got in Mike's face, that showed leadership to me. That's exactly the thing Brady might do (and that people ***** about) and exactly the thing Jason has not yet done.

I thought there were a lot of plays where Todd held onto the ball, moved around just enough and made a play to get it to SOMEBODY and kept his composure enough to get us that lead BACK.

Adjustments should have come one quarter sooner, we should have gone to no huddle from near the beginning and our line has to be healthy and Heyer now HAS the experience.

quit hatin on campbell if we would have not dropped as many balls this season when he played like the dallas and green bay game for instance and moss would have been healthy we would not be comparing the two.... saturday's game i guarntee campbeel would have been able to escape some of those rushes with his feet.... campbell needs to be able to protect the ball more!!!!!!!!!! that is the only nack on him really he is young he is gonna make mistakes he is just trying to win the game

What does that silly expression "hatin" mean? If one is dissatisfied with the play of JC he's a "hater". That's just plain nonsense.

Drops were a problem, but JC's untimely interceptions agaist the Bucs and Cowboys cost us both of those games.

You guarantee Campbell would have been able to escape the Seahawk pass rush? :laugh: Yeah, him being such a Michael Vick type (less the dogfighting hobby) and all, he would have had no problem right??? :laugh:

You guys are amazing. There is no telling how many interceptions JC would have thrown while under duress this past Saturday.

Let's hope the QB position is open to competition next season. May the best man win. JC has done nothing to be "annoited" the starter.

I don't know. For me, the pick that was intended to Moss was a result of an offensive lineman being pushed into Todd Collins legs right as he was throwing. That's why it hung in the air. I'm not exactly sure why anyone even worries about the last INT. If I recall, he got hit on that too but even if not, the game was essentially over.

Jason's issue is not getting hit and throwing a pick, it's being untouched and throwing to the other team right with no interference.

Todd led us back from 13 down on the road. Why are people not looking at that? Jason had good protection against Dallas and Tampa (for the most part) and still choked. I don't see a comparison really.

Excellent point. My point is that because of the interceptions, which were the norm when JC was under center, our fate was sealed. TC probably should have slid around a bit before tossing that first one, as the pocket was closing, but hindsight is always 20-20. I do agree that TC flat out outplayed JC down the stretch.

Archived