Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Great Article on the DE that may be wearing Burgundy & Gold in 2008

#98QBKiller

We might end up drafting a SS. I was watching a story about Reed and he is about to go under surgery to give his son a kidney. The NBC crew said it would end his NFL career.

I'm looking for a link.[Can't Find a LInk]

I just saw an article that said his mom is donating the kidney. Another article said that the only reason they have been able to afford all of their bills is because he plays for the Skins so they obviously don't want him to stop

Does anyone know where, as of this writing, he is slated to go in the draft? I think he should be top 15-20 (?) because he absolutely manhandled Jake Long from Michigan (who is slated to go in the top 5). Fill a brother in...

Depends on who you ask but anywhere from top 15 to top 25

He was the guy I wanted us to go after when we were 5-7 and appeared to be fading fast to another 10 loss season.

I don't think he'll fall to where we are now but if he does, I'd love the pick.

Just no more secondary guys with our first pick.

Defensive or offensive line should be what is addressed with our first couple of picks.

He was the guy I wanted us to go after when we were 5-7 and appeared to be fading fast to another 10 loss season.

I don't think he'll fall to where we are now but if he does, I'd love the pick.

Just no more secondary guys with our first pick.

Defensive or offensive line should be what is addressed with our first couple of picks.

Yeah, I don't think we'll be able to get him unless we trade up. I actually would favor trading up because there are teams who would love to do that (New England and Miami come to mind). If we're shrewd in FA, we can potentially go after either Gholston or Long very easily. For instance, we need a big WR (we can go after Bryant Johnson from the Cardinals), a CB (perhaps we can break the bank for Nnamdi Asomugha and have that be our only big FA pickup, or we can go after Marcus Trufant), and Karlos Dansby (unless he's franchised, in which case we can go after Demarrio Williams). That way we can give up our 1st and 3rd round picks to get a 1st round pick in the form of Gholston or Long.

Sorry to bust people's bubble, but he really isn't the LDE that we need. In everything that I've read, he's more of a 3-4 OLB project. Same for Groves. I think the best thing that could happen to us is if Calais Campbell falls to us. With all the top tier DL talent in this draft, I could see it happening. Campbell and Derrick Harvey are the only real DE options for us in this draft. Other than Chris Long, they are best suited to be in that 3-point stance. Even if we were in a position for Long, he wouldn't make much sense as he is more of a 3-4 type of DE.

Archived