Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I haven't been this confident about a Redskins team in a long,long time!!

michael_33

It's been many years since I have awaited a Redskins game,that I wasn't concerned about QB play,coaching,defensive play,special teams and the overall willingness to win together as a team..!

For years I have watched a team play as individuals,personal stat goals seekers,no accountability and excuses for whatever the reason was... :doh:

It seems that every year(since Snyders arrival and maybe longer)we have taken the wrong path to winning,execution and team preperation... :doh:

I also think that this team was in further abyss than we all knew;so much,that it took the death of a teammate to truly understand the meaning of the game and what it truly takes to be winners... :2cents:

Teamwork!

-----------

I can't tell you how many discussions I have had about the sportsmanship from when players go from the college game to the pros on all level of sports and how dilluted the fire,love and passion of the game just disappears from the amount of money these players make once that make the pro level!

For once in about 20 years(it seems)...we are seeing a team play with heart,passion,love,no fear and the willingness to win for someone or something else other than their individual selves... :applause:

Football was and has never been about talent,money,stats or even Championships...

It's about a group of men willing to put trust in each other and to play a game (that is much more than just a game) and have the respect,pride,dignity to overcome all odds and to play in a unity that can only be compared to men going to war and to have is brothers back...

The difference is...In war you lose those brothers,which makes the importance of your job that much more important,dire and the fact you are fighting for your country.Simply put...You must not fail!

Unfortunately,we got a little taste of what it is like to lose a brother...Not from another nation or Country,but from an act of violence that knowone could have expected!

The Redskins are all fighting for the same thing...Not themselves...not their contract....not their next endorsement,but for Sean Taylor!A man who went to war with them and always had their back!

The Redskins aren't playing to win a football game,their playing to give their respect to a player they all loved!

....and that makes for a very,very dangerous team!

On another note:If the Redskins are playing this hard for 1 man,imagine how hard our American Military men(women) are fighting for their lives for our Country? :notworthy

So those of you who shun our men and women in war for a war you are totally against,think about that for a minute?Imagine the heart it takes to endure their hardships and loss of friends and fellow soldiers? :notworthy

Just something to think about....

HTTR!!!

I agree except for the special teams. We give up way too many yards on kickoffs, and our punt return team is not good. I do however love our put coverage and kickoff return team. It is strange how that could be so different.

I think field position is the only thing that really scares me about tomorrow

I agree.....I haven't felt this confident about a Redskins team in a long time and it makes me nervous that I am. Its like I almost can't believe that there is something to be confident about.

I will say I'm still cautiously optimistic because I don't want to take anything for granted, but if we pull off a few wins here, I could start to have that feeling about the teams from the 80s, where I thought we were in great position to win every game.

I agree except for the special teams. We give up way too many yards on kickoffs, and our punt return team is not good. I do however love our put coverage and kickoff return team. It is strange how that could be so different.

dude good call we do give up wayyy too many yrds on kickoff returns:applause:

This team reminds so much like Joe Gibbs teams in his first tour here. You can feel the camaraderie with the players. The offense is like a well oiled machine. The defense is like a monster. One hell of a kicker and the greatest coach on earth!

It's just got that feel to it like it had back then. It's eerie!

I don't know abput the special teams. We seem to wiff the first two guys on the tackle. They are taught to take a line and stick to it. Have you noticed the speed in which the first two skins miss the returner? If one of those guys comes tight it will be the hit heard round the world and odds are one of these times it's going to happen. I can't ****ing wait till tomorrow.:cheers::40oz::chug::puke::chug::applause::wavetowel:wavetowel:1stplace: Great thread btw. Nice read.

Yes! I couldn't agree more.

This team reminds so much like Joe Gibbs teams in his first tour here. You can feel the camaraderie with the players. The offense is like a well oiled machine. The defense is like a monster. One hell of a kicker and the greatest coach on earth!

It's just got that feel to it like it had back then. It's eerie!

Archived