Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

no one excused Mayweather, and most athletes are pieces of crap.

The thing is Mayweather isnt interested in doing stories appease sports journalists and fans like other athletes do, who you think are not pieces of crap.

He is a dirtbag, and I have always maintained that. Doesnt take away from the amazing boxer he is.

Mayweather has been some what of a model citizen lately what was the purpose of the article?

To enlighten those who may not be aware. Just because he hasn't punched woman recently, that we know of anyway, does not give him a pass for his past actions.

The more people that know about his actions, the better.

Edited by StillUnknown

Adrien Broner suspended for post fight remarks by WBC.

WBC Statement: Adrien Broner, former WBC lightweight champion, has offended many persons of the world with his words during the interview after the fight vs Molina. The World Boxing Council holds human equality as its banner and will not accept a former WBC champion to make racially offensive statements. Since words have different meanings and can be interpreted in different ways, the WBC is issuing this open letter to Adrien Broner to either clarify what he meant with his words or to issue a public apology if those words were intended to be despective and offensive.

Adrien Broner is hereby suspended from participating in any WBC sanctioned championship and will be excluded from the WBC ratings until the time he makes a public apology satisfactorily to the public of the world. Boxing is a great sport, it is a world sport and boxers are honorable and exemplary members of the community. Fair Play and human equality must always be upheld.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/wbc-suspends-and-demands-a-public-apology-from-adrien-broner-245018

http://www.boxingscene.com/wbc-suspends-adrien-broner-over-mexican-swipe--77569

I think he'll apologize soon. This guy is an idiot. He wants to play the villain so much.  He sure put his foot in his mouth this time. I hope he grows up one day, but I want to see someone KO this chump. He really thinks he is better than he is. He's good, but not great. Next decent guy at 140 may give him the business.  Would love to see Matthysse KO him.

WBC has decided to lift Broner's suspension just ahead of his Sept 6 return:

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/news/2014/07/16/adrien-broner-suspension-lifted-by-the-wbc.html

Looks like the stacked card for 9/6 could actually end up being a split card instead. Broner, Berto, and Mattysse are all rumored to be returning to the ring on the same night. But there's a possibility Showtime could be doing a split broadcast that night. Broner will probably be returning to his home town at the US Bank Arena for his bout. A venue has yet to be decided for Berto or Mattysse. Still possible they could end up in Cincinnati with Broner. Very likely they could end up fighting somewhere else. Neither of these 3 have confirmed opponents for yet.

In 1 year's time, Austin Trout went from being one of the hottest prospects in boxing to headlining the next Friday Night Fight card on ESPN2.Trout will face Daniel Dawson on Aug 15 in Cali.

He had a brutal '13 in and out of the ring. I hope his time off helped. I want him to make a comeback.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/11219720/austin-trout-headline-friday-night-fights-season-finale-daniel-dawson

Edited by T-REX1240

What is wrong with Floyd? Dude has some serious issues. This is all because she blew him off at the BET Awards.

**Video** Floyd: "Yeah, I Had Sex With TI's Wife."

Http://www.tmz.com/2014/07/19/floyd-mayweather-ti-sex-wife-tiny-fight-las-vegas/

And he says this right in front of his daughter.

Not to come to Floyd's rescue but this video is inaccurate. A guy in the audience said "What about T.I. ?!" In turn Floyd says "What about the ****... he thought I was ****ing his ****" He never once said he slept with her. I know because I was standing right there in from of him and I witnessed the whole thing.

Not to come to Floyd's rescue but this video is inaccurate. A guy in the audience said "What about T.I. ?!" In turn Floyd says "What about the ****... he thought I was ****ing his ****" He never once said he slept with her. I know because I was standing right there in from of him and I witnessed the whole thing.

Honestly, that's no better. Again, right in front of his daughter?

Honestly, that's no better. Again, right in front of his daughter?

I agree. Actually all four of his kids were sitting right there. I was just pointing out the fact that he actually didn't say he ****ed her after already publicly stating that he never did. He said TI thought he was ****ing her. 

http://www.fightsaga.com/news/item/4613-Legal-sucker-punching-Guillermo-Rigondeaux-gives-his-detractors,-Arum-and-HBO-a-nice-%E2'>

Edited by T-REX1240

Looks like the stacked card for 9/6 could actually end up being a split card instead. Broner, Berto, and Mattysse are all rumored to be returning to the ring on the same night. But there's a possibility Showtime could be doing a split broadcast that night. Broner will probably be returning to his home town at the US Bank Arena for his bout. A venue has yet to be decided for Berto or Mattysse. Still possible they could end up in Cincinnati with Broner. Very likely they could end up fighting somewhere else. Neither of these 3 have confirmed opponents for yet.

So Emmanuel Taylor got the call to face Broner on the 9/6 card in Cinci. The card will feature a lot of relatively unknown fighters so now just waiting on a venue for Berto and Mattysse because even though they'll return 9/6 they probably aren't fighting at US Bank Arena.

Rumor has James Kirkland tabbed against Canelo possibly in Texas later this year.

Canelo is fighting strictly PPV now. While a fight with Kirkland should be good, I think Canelo can KO him within 5-6 rounds. Kirkland loves to throw bombs. He has power, but his chin is suspect. Gonna be good while it lasts. If it goes the distance, I can see it being a candidate for fight of the year. Canelo and team complained about boxers running, they won't get that running from Kirkland. He comes to bang. This is a decent test for Canelo to see if he can bang too. Very good chance that Canelo will outbox him, if his power can't hurt Kirkland. Either way, definitely a fight worth watching, if Kirkland doesn't price himself out of it.

• Like 1

Canelo is fighting strictly PPV now. While a fight with Kirkland should be good, I think Canelo can KO him within 5-6 rounds. Kirkland loves to throw bombs. He has power, but his chin is suspect. Gonna be good while it lasts. If it goes the distance, I can see it being a candidate for fight of the year. Canelo and team complained about boxers running, they won't get that running from Kirkland. He comes to bang. This is a decent test for Canelo to see if he can bang too. Very good chance that Canelo will outbox him, if his power can't hurt Kirkland. Either way, definitely a fight worth watching, if Kirkland doesn't price himself out of it.

If Kirkland were more active, I would give him a better shot of pulling the upset. He has big breaks in between fights, which usually leads to bad things for him outside the ring. Canelo handled Angulo's pressure with ease, but Kirkland is a different kind of beast.

As you said though, Kirkland is chinny, and his defense consists of simply throwing more punches. Canelo should be able to get rid of him before the 6th.

Edited by StillUnknown