Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

I saw this earlier. Believe it not, I actually saw something simular earlier this year that said that they will fight in September. With that being said, until TR, Mayweather/Schafer, ESPN **BREAKING NEWS** or someone like Dan Rafael says it, I'd take this with a grain of salt.

Edited by DM72

That was a very good fight. Gamboa showed a lot tonight: talent, heart, speed, power, movement, soft chin, and lack of focus. He didn't put in any good body work. Just kept head hunting. Crawford put in the body work and started timing Gamboa. It eventually caught up to him. Crawford is the truth. We got another good young American Champ with skills. Can't wait to watch him fight again.

Maybe he a Garcia can close out the year the right way in December.

Ā 

Ā That would be nice, but Garcia is trying to get out of his Top Rank contract. Not sure if Bob Arum will make that fight without an extension from Garcia.

Ā Crawford is the truth. We got another good young American Champ with skills. Can't wait to watch him fight again.

Ā 

Right. But because TopRank really doesn't have many options for him (unless Arum and Oscar work something out) he'll probably get somebody like Jesse Vargas next.

He's stuck in promotional lawsuit hell. I doubt he fights again this year.

Ā 

I would love to see that fight though.

Ā 

Forgot about that.

I hear Chris Algieri may be next for Manny so that takes him out of the equation. Provodnikov just showed how overrated he was so he too is out of the question. I doubt Mike Alvarado's team wants any part of him. So who does that really leave for Crawford?? Viktor Postol.. lol

I called it T Crawford stopping Gamboa the man is a straight beast! Amazing combination of Speed, Smarts and now you see the underrated power. I was very excited when the fight was announced as it was a big step up in competition for Crawford. Gamboa came to fight did a good job but it was no way he would beat Crawford in my eyes those wide looping punches would get caught. Gamboa is very exciting to watch when he is motivated and he was last night it's just he was fighting a beast. Crawford has potential to be great!

I hear Chris Algieri may be next for Manny so that takes him out of the equation. Provodnikov just showed how overrated he was so he too is out of the question. I doubt Mike Alvarado's team wants any part of him. So who does that really leave for Crawford?? Viktor Postol.. lol

Ā 

Unless they don't care about a bad PPV#, no way Algieri fights Pacquiao. I believe it will do worse than the Rios fight.

Ā 

If not Pacquiao, why not a fight with Mikey Garcia? If he's straightened up dispute with TR that is. Heck, since Broner likes calling guys out, what about Crawford/Broner?

Ā 

Unless they don't care about a bad PPV#, no way Algieri fights Pacquiao. I believe it will do worse than the Rios fight.

Ā 

If not Pacquiao, why not a fight with Mikey Garcia? If he's straightened up dispute with TR that is. Heck, since Broner likes calling guys out, what about Crawford/Broner?

Ā 

Ā 

They're going back to Macau for his next PPV fight, they don't care about the number. Pac is getting his debts in order.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

TopRank hasn't seem to really care too much about ppv #s for a while now. I'm sure they do but it just seems that way.

Ā 

Like I said, if Oscar and Arum are serious about co-promoting, there are a few very intriguing match ups that can come to fruition.

This has not been a good week for Mayweather.

Ā 

Gets Ignored By Miss Jackson.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/06/27/floyd-mayweather-jr-miss-shantel-jackson-video/

Ā 

Gets Ignored By Tiny.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/06/30/floyd-mayweather-tiny-bet-awards-red-carpet/

Ā 

Kids Get Into An Automobile accident While Mayweather Is At The BET Awards.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/06/30/justin-bieber-floyd-mayweather-kids-children-car-accident/

Ā 

IMO, Some of this story sounds like some BS. Bieber just happened to be nearby? Plays his music to calm the kids down?

Ā 

In between all of this is his advice to women to dress classy, then he's seen making it rain at a strip club in Miami.

Ā 

Ā 

I called it T Crawford stopping Gamboa the man is a straight beast! Amazing combination of Speed, Smarts and now you see the underrated power. I was very excited when the fight was announced as it was a big step up in competition for Crawford. Gamboa came to fight did a good job but it was no way he would beat Crawford in my eyes those wide looping punches would get caught. Gamboa is very exciting to watch when he is motivated and he was last night it's just he was fighting a beast. Crawford has potential to be great!

fight of hte year

Crawford is a future superstar.

fight of hte year

Crawford is a future superstar.

Ā 

Matthysse/Molina is still my FOTY so far.

Ā 

Crawford's gotta go to 140 or above to get that superstar notoriety. He has a world of skill, and more importantly, know-how in his system. I think he'll have to be matched correctly in order to bring out the excitement in him. He tends to fight to the level of his opposition. Plenty of guys he can look great against, while facing great competition at 140.

Ā 

It was nice to see a good crowd in a different place for a change. I'm all for getting out of the traditional boxing "hotspots".

Edited by StillUnknown

Matthysse/Molina is still my FOTY so far.

Ā 

Crawford's gotta go to 140 or above to get that superstar notoriety. He has a world of skill, and more importantly, know-how in his system. I think he'll have to be matched correctly in order to bring out the excitement in him. He tends to fight to the level of his opposition. Plenty of guys he can look great against, while facing great competition at 140.

Ā 

It was nice to see a good crowd in a different place for a change. I'm all for getting out of the traditional boxing "hotspots".

the Mattyhsse Molina fight was great in that it was a slugfest. But Molina and Mattyhsse werent unbeaten, and there wasnt the tactical adjustments like in this fight.