Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Numbers: Paq-Bradley II

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/id/8619/pacquiao-wins-doesnt-sale

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/10912510/manny-pacquiao-timothy-bradley-jr-pay-per-view-sales-dropped-rematch

Ben Thompson:

"While Arum was quick to point out that the fight was still profitable for everyone involved, one has to wonder if the lower than expected numbers will impact the remainder of Pacquiao's $20 million guarantee, which he has yet to receive (Pacquiao collected a $6 million check on fight night and the remainder of the guarantee is supposed to be paid out in the weeks following the fight)."

Edited by T-REX1240

Stiverne vs. Arreola II tonight on ESPN

Stiverne handled Arreola with ease in their first fight, even dropped him with a nasty shot in the early rounds. Arreola looks to be in good shape for a change, not sure he has the skill to get past Stiverne though.

Numbers: Paq-Bradley II

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/id/8619/pacquiao-wins-doesnt-sale

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/10912510/manny-pacquiao-timothy-bradley-jr-pay-per-view-sales-dropped-rematch

Ben Thompson:

"While Arum was quick to point out that the fight was still profitable for everyone involved, one has to wonder if the lower than expected numbers will impact the remainder of Pacquiao's $20 million guarantee, which he has yet to receive (Pacquiao collected a $6 million check on fight night and the remainder of the guarantee is supposed to be paid out in the weeks following the fight)."

I'm surprised it did less than the original, rematches are usually better for business.

Edited by StillUnknown

Stiverne vs. Arreola II tonight on ESPN

Stiverne handled Arreola with ease in their first fight, even dropped him with a nasty shot in the early rounds. Arreola looks to be in good shape for a change, not sure he has the skill to get past Stiverne though.

I'm surprised it did less than the original, rematches are usually better for business.

Remember, Pac was still hot going into Paq/Bradley 1. He's lost quite a bit of lust since the JMM fight.

Stiverne has fast hands for a HW, finishes Arreola in the 6th round. Arreola looked good for the first 3 rounds, but Stiverne has a good chin and better conditioning.

Don King has himself a champion. 2014 and this man is still breathing, I am somewhat surprised.

Stiverne vs. Deontay Wilder makes a lot of sense

Edited by StillUnknown

Good win by Stiverne. I like Wilder, but I think the jury is still out on him. I like Stiverne in a fight against Wilder. Wilder has KO power, but he hasn't been tested yet. Stiverne can take a punch and he has power too. Arreola was on easy street after that punch. Wilder needs to step up his competition from cab drivers to tomato cans. Should be a decent scrap for as long as it lasts though. Don't want to see that fight on ESPN. Teddy Atlas is annoying.

Another round or 2 and this could have been a devastating outcome for Paulie. Things like this are common but the casual fan doesn't inderstand how brutal the sport really is. Even though Paulie talks at the end of the article about contemplating a comeback, I think he's done; especially since he's now an award winning ringside commentator.

http://nypost.com/2014/05/09/concussed-malignaggi-glad-referee-stopped-his-bout-with-porter/

Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero back in the ring next month against Yoshihiro Kamegai. First fight back since he fought Mayweather over a year ago. Pretty decent undercard for the fight:

• Gary Russell Jr - Vasyl Lomachenko
  • Devon Alexander - Jesus Soto Karass

Still waiting on those Mayweather/Maidana numbers. I wonder why folks aren't calling for those numbers like they were Pacquiao/Bradley?

Anyway, I only saw one reference that said it supposedly did 800-900K.

Edited by DM72

http://www.boxinginsider.com/headlines/oscar-de-la-hoya-promises-end-boxings-cold-war/

Oscar De La Hoya: “I’m a promoter for the fans and I want the ‘fans’ to watch the big fights.” #iwillendcoldwar.

Seems like Oscar says something like that every 6 months or so

Marquez/Alvarado tonight on HBO.

Picking Marquez by decision, but almost no result would surprise me. Alvarado has been beat down over his last 5 fights, even when he got the decision. In his last fight, he quit against Provodnikov, and it was probably the right call. 

On the other hand, Marquez is old and his defense isn't what it used to be. Alvarado stil has most of his power and Marquez has been floored by lesser punchers. I just think Marquez is better overall. He might have to get off the canvas tonight, but he's proven time and time again that he is capable of that.

Still waiting on those Mayweather/Maidana numbers. I wonder why folks aren't calling for those numbers like they were Pacquiao/Bradley?

Anyway, I only saw one reference that said it supposedly did 800-900K.

I read somewhere it was between 750k-900k, but the guy who gave the numbers was waiting on confirmation. Kevin Iole is usually pretty good at PPV predictions, and he said it trending closer to a million.

Marquez looks brilliant, or Alvarado is completely shot. Most likely a combination of the two.

Love Marquez's work to the body, this is simply a lesson. Two different skill levels in the ring tonight. Alvarado has decent pop, so theres a chance he could floor Marquez, otherwise, he is roasted tonight.