Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Igglephans piss me off!!IYO...Is this considered trolling?

michael_33

I've been thinking about this for a while now and decided to post this on an Eagles board since it concerned them...and of course us since we are there as well...

Had there been a 7 team playoff for each Conference,both the Browns(10-6) and Eagles(8-8)would have made the playoffs...

Eagles would be @GB and the Browns @Colts in the 1st round Wildcard round...

But this is what I wrote over there a few minutes ago after reading a bunch of critical threads on Redskins not getting it done against Seahawks among others...

Is this considered trolling...(been a member their for quite a while,but hardly post there cause their ALL idiots..!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you guys think there should be 7 playoff teams in each conference? (thread)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had there been 7 teams in each conference like many believe there should be,the Playoff seedings would look like this...

AFC

-----

#1)NE(16-0)(HFA&BYE)

#2)Colts(13-3)

#3)Chargers(11-5)

#4)Pitt(10-6)

#5)Jags(11-5)

#6)Titans(10-6)

#7)Browns(10-6)(best record than the rest)

NFC

----

#1)Dallas(13-3)(HFA&BYE)

#2)GB(13-3)

#3)Seattle(10-6)

#4)TB(9-7)

#5)NY(10-6)

#6)Skins(9-7) :D

#7)Eagles(8-8)(owns tiebreakers over Saints and Vikings)

Just think...All of the NFC East teams would have made the playoffs....

You guys would be playing @GB in the 1st round...OH well...Nice run anyways and thank you for helping us out there in the end!

that would seem ideal for this season but that would open the door for teams in the future with 7-9 records to make the playoffs. I see it as a waste cuz there really isnt a good chance that they'd make much noise in the playoffs. Don't forget that im talking about the future and not this year cuz i think the eagles are a force to be reckoned with next season if they keep McNabb and are healthy next season. All in all, 7 or 8 team playoffs in each conference should not happen.

no, first you need an even amount of teams in the playoffs, so 7 doesn't work. That being the case I feel 8 is too much and as stated by habib1852 it would open the door for 7-9 teams to be able to make the playoffs.

I feel 4 division winners and 2 wild card teams / conference is the most it should be.

The only way could work if you were to eliminate the bye week until you were down to 3 teams in each conference. Then the highest seed available would receive a bye week as the other teams battle it out to play in the championship game.

Again, I'm against this, but it would be an option.

It isn't trolling unless you add because you suck and missed the playoffs....or something like that.

You'll find some of the Eagle fans posting here are not idiots.

I don't like the idea. The system in place works well so I can't see changing it. Hockey has always seemed like a joke because too many teams make the playoffs and would hate to see that in the NFL.

It isn't trolling unless you add because you suck and missed the playoffs....or something like that.

You'll find some of the Eagle fans posting here are not idiots.

I don't like the idea. The system in place works well so I can't see changing it. Hockey has always seemed like a joke because too many teams make the playoffs and would hate to see that in the NFL.

The #4 seed(the div winner with the worst record, that is) getting a home playoff game is a joke, largely b/c this #4 seed is a mediocre team coming from a very bad division(i.e. NFCS).

What they SHOULD do is IF the Wild Card team with the better record(of the 2) has a better record than the division winner with the worst record(of the 4), then the home game should be awarded to this WC team.

Look at the Steelers and Jags this year-the Steelers are just an average team coming from a halfway-decent division, while the Jags are definitely a Top 5 elite team who's closest AFCS rival(Colts) is the 2nd best team in the league.

Actually it works guys, it's not great, but only the #1 seed gets a bye week in a 7 team playoff system. If I am correct, the NFL was thinking of doing this shortly after Houston came into the league. When the wild card round is up, the 3 winners (#2-7 seeds) would then bring into the next round and everything would be exactly the same as normal, except with the small chance that the #2 seed is already eliminated.

I've never posted there but those are a funny ass group of guys. They are hardcore and really you have to be careful over there. Redskin fans are not well taken over there.

Most of those guys have been posted together for years and have their own tailgate much like this board does. They are very dedicated but most opposing fans will get pushed away. Redskin fans are among the most hated as far as I can tell. I'd advise you probably not to post anymore over there. They will probably just further antagonize you.

Archived