Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ST, and visiting Seahawk fans

AngloSackSon

I didn't want to start a new thread on this topic. I apologize because I'd prefer to be talking football. However, I couldn't respond to a thread on this subject, as it was locked.

Ken Hamlin was assaulted MONTHS before his return to Qwest Field in '05.

When the 'Skins came to town for the divisional game, Hamlin raised the 12th man flag before the toss. Seattle players, and fans used his return as an emotional rallying point.

Now, you question this teams continued support of ST, a month after his death?

A coupled more points on this comparison;

• ST was murdered in his home, in the prescence of his infant daughter and her mother.
  • Hamlin was assaulted outside of Larry's, a nightclub in Pioneer Square after a game, under suspicious circumstances at best.
  • Hamlin's attacker was found MURDERED hours later, in a nearby park.

Now, again, you question 'Skins fans support of ST heading into the postseason?

As has been stated on NUMEROUS threads. As a Seahawk fan, the vast majority are sympathetic with the ST situation, and you can not let one or two stupid people affect the opinion of a group as a whole.

Who is you?

There is a recurring sentiment throughout Seahawk nation, that the Redskins have unduly achieved darling status due to the ST tradgedy.

Worse yet, there are Seahawk fans who are currently smearing ST on Seattle fan sites, and using this nonsense as a rallying point.

My reason for starting this thread came about, because a Seahawk fan came to this board, and questioned our dedication.

You may not feel this way, but many Seahawk fans do. This thread is intended to remind Seahawk fans of the Hamlin case for your '05 run. It is also intended to show the distinct differences between both incidents, and there respective importance to both teams.

Then why add your :2cents: here...Why dont you start a cool thread then...

I love how 08 has really started off with a rash of crappy threads. Including but not limited to

1. Trade brandon lloyd for Javon Walker

2. Who do you hate more Patriots or Cowboys

3. This thread

My quibble on this post is the comparing of team tragedies. It is unseemly to get into the Redskins-tragedy-is-worse-than-your-tragedy argument. I've seen these comparisons with the Darrent Williams death in Denver, and with Korey Stringer's death too. It comes across as petty and is really unecessary.

Archived