Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does Todd Collins make the RedskinsVSPatriots game more interesting?

michael_33

The Ravens, yes, the Ravens exposed the Patriots weakness and that is their running defense. Ask yourself, which team is the best at running the ball?

The game we played against the patriots was not a true reflection of our team. At the time, we had 3rd stringers subbing for backups in the oline. We had no chance. Things are different now.

We can beat the patriots today. Look at what the Giants did tonight and think about what we did to the Giants two weeks ago.

I think having Collins in would change a lot...look how much better we played against the NYG with Collins in...we beat them convincingly in their house. The Giants held their own against the Patriots tonight and could have walked away with a win, no doubt...

Just seeing a team we just beat convincingly hold their own against the Pats shows that we would have a very competitive game with the Patriots today.

We are obviously a better team with Collins at the helm than Campbell which I would have never guessed. When Jason got hurt against Pittsburgh in the pre season, the entire year flashed before my eyes. In any event, Todd is proving himself.

The Eagles, Ravens, Colts and Giants all proved out how to play the Pats; pressure Brady and beat them up. It is your ONLY chance. We played soft on them proving the corollary.

That becomes a question of whether or not we can effectively get to him which is no better than a 'maybe' considering those teams are far better pass rushers than we are. And they lost.

A power running game, again, beat on them, long drives, also seems a necessary part of the game plan. They are not the 1985 Bears or 2000 Ravens who actually put you in more trouble when you had the ball than when they did.

Lastly, you gotta score touchdowns. A bunch of them. They are just too good, to explosive to keep in a low scoring game.

So, we'd likely play much better than last time and no one should look forward to playing Joe Gibbs, with yet another no name QB in the Superbowl.

Still, the AFC Championship is probably the Superbowl again this year.

I think people are looking at this campbell and collins situation wrong...Collins is playing extremely well but hes not the reason were winning....i cant explain it but something lit a fire in this teams butt and our defense and special teams are also playing 100 times better there hitting on all cylinders...and it seems our oline is definately run blocking better...campbell alot of times didnt have a running game ala the bills game...but alls i can say ill ride this giant wave with this team wether its collins or campbell....i think they both can win ballgames for us so im confident in both and i say trust in gibbs....and us fans shouldnt start a qb contraversy because its the fans and media that starts them.

Why are we talking about the Super bowl before we've even made playoffs? Todd Collins helps our offense, but losing Rogers and Taylor since then greatly hurts our defense.

finally! someone points out the obvious.

the Pats would kill the Skins again - it comes down to a talent deficit. TC wouldn't make one iota's difference. the Pats would shrink the field on TC and then Samuel et al would set him up for picks. Bellicheat knows how to game to a QB's weaknesses.

The game would definitly be more interesting. First the Pats recovered three Campbell fumbles and scored touchdowns on each fumble. I don't remember if he through an interception this game either, but I do believe he did and the pats capitalized.

They would still beat us, but the game would be much closer. Plus our defense is playing very good right now and our offensive playmakers are healthy.

Archived