Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How beautiful is it to see us passing the ball with the lead?

kingdaddy

Not only that but it felt good to know we wouldn't turn it over.

That's the BEST PART! Confidence when I see the ball in the air! It is indeed a beautiful thing! Now we have an offense to go along with that DEFENSE! Now I feel confident that the offense can deliver the necessary 24 POINTS we need to win games.

Our offense is no longer "offenssively challenged" ....

:dallasuck

also Collins got to practice for 10 years before he played

Whateva it takes... it is what it is...

There is alway next year for Campbell to continue gaining invaluable experience. In addition, I know that he will not have a vacation for the second season in a row. He wants to be the very best and his being on the sidelines during this run can only do him a lot of good to show him how much further he needs to develop and grow to master the offense and use more of Al Saunders 700 page playbook.

I think when Collins goes up to the line with an option of a few plays as I feel we usually have, he feels more comfortable calling one of the passing ones. Probably cause he's much more of a vet than Campbell he feels more comfortable doing this, ala late int he game those two quick hitch routes to Caldwell for like 5 yards when the CB was playing off.

What I have liked the most is that Collins seems to hit moss early with a slant pass or a slip screen. Those passes are like short runs and they build confidence. I am glad that we are able to get our playmaker at wideout involved early. I believe that makes a difference.

You nailed it. Getting Moss involved I believe is critical to our offense. He is a true threat to score everytime he touches the ball. He also has great hands and adjusts extremely well to the ball. It's clear that Saunders and Gibbs do trust Collins more. Also, I wouldn't doubt that the coaches have finally started listening to the players cries to open up the offense more. I would think that we are becoming a difficult offense to game plan for. You also have to believe that Campbell's injury is a blessing in disguise for the simple reason that he gets to watch what this offense is capable of doing when everything is clicking.

You nailed it. Getting Moss involved I believe is critical to our offense. He is a true threat to score everytime he touches the ball. He also has great hands and adjusts extremely well to the ball. It's clear that Saunders and Gibbs do trust Collins more. Also, I wouldn't doubt that the coaches have finally started listening to the players cries to open up the offense more. I would think that we are becoming a difficult offense to game plan for. You also have to believe that Campbell's injury is a blessing in disguise for the simple reason that he gets to watch what this offense is capable of doing when everything is clicking.

I don't think it has anything to do with better chemistry between Collins and Moss or that Todd is necessarily looking for him more often. Moss was ineffective because

a. he has been hurt and missed games.

b. when he was playing, he was playing injured, and

c. he quite frankly wasn't playing well with numerous drops and turnovers.

Those items have nothing to do with a difference in quarterback play. If anything, Collins has been given an effective weapon that Campbell only had for a few games. To his credit, Collins has taken advantage of it (even if Moss is only averaging 3.3 receptions per game since Todd took over). But I don't see how he has been used any better than he was used under Campbell.

TODD

It's because all the receivers are being used better now. Being hit in stride or being thrown jump balls when it's appropriate is the key. For all the talk about how Collins arm is weak, I've seen him go deep (and with some success) more than Campbell.

His YPA is like 8.7 right now. And it would be one thing if he JUST threw to one guy who had been playing poorly before. He's spreading it around.

I'd be interested to see what Lloyd could do with someone who would put some touch on those deep passes and let him go up and get them.

I don't think it has anything to do with better chemistry between Collins and Moss or that Todd is necessarily looking for him more often. Moss was ineffective because

Those items have nothing to do with a difference in quarterback play. If anything, Collins has been given an effective weapon that Campbell only had for a few games. To his credit, Collins has taken advantage of it (even if Moss is only averaging 3.3 receptions per game since Todd took over). But I don't see how he has been used any better than he was used under Campbell.

I hear you, and your points about Moss are good ones. I'm not making this a Collins vs. Campbell debate. I simply believe that no matter who we have at QB it's important to get Moss his touches. That deep ball that he caught in Minnesota is an example of why we've gotta take shots to him. He seems to thrive at outmaneuvering d-backs when the ball is in the air. It's good to see our coaches realizing that throwing the ball is ok and that we can do it well....

Criticizing Campbell is stupid. He threw a few boneheaded picks over the course of the season but most QBs do. Overall he played very well. It's not his fault Gibbs didn't have enough faith to call decent plays in the 2nd half. If you pick him as a starting QB you need to let him run the offense and maximize our chances to win. That's just poor coaching. Why open it up only for the backup QB simply because he's a "veteran"? It makes no sense. It's like Gibbs tries harder to win with the backup than the starter simply because the starter is younger. It's pretty idiotic.

EVERYONE knows he needs time to develop. But when he CONSTANTLY turns it over and throws picks at the worst times it's nice to see someone who doesn't. Point blank, chances are we wouldn't be where we are now if he was still playing. (Yes, I know he's our franchise QB and needs to learn, but it is what it is)

He's had TWO games where he really threw an INT at the absolute wrong time. It happens.

Not only that but it felt good to know we wouldn't turn it over.
:rolleyes: Can we stop this backhanded Campbell bashing already. Give the man some time to develop.
Its getting a little idiotic isn't it?
not just throwing it, but throwing for completions...

it was nice

lol, you guys are hilarious.

Give it a break, please.

I am a TC fan (as well as JC fan), but ... c'mon!

EVERYONE knows he needs time to develop. But when he CONSTANTLY turns it over and throws picks at the worst times it's nice to see someone who doesn't. Point blank, chances are we wouldn't be where we are now if he was still playing. (Yes, I know he's our franchise QB and needs to learn, but it is what it is)
Sorry but Campbell was the REASON why were playing bad, when you have what 7 or so turnovers in 3 games (i think it was more). That has NOTHING to do with knowing the offense, that is basic protecting the ball.

It was the mistakes that he made which were costly.

This is a different team with a competent QB. I am not saying Jason can never be that, but it is clear he did not improve as the season progressed.

i hate to say this cause i love Campbell but Saunders is way more comfortable with Collins. so he is calling a more aggressive game plan.

Wow.

People have different views on the current "qb of the future." Whether he needs time to develop or not.....RIGHT NOW.....he was not getting it done.

I believe the game is still to fast for him. I don't think he was comfortable out there. Will he develop into this top notch qb? One will hope. It is what it is. And RIGHT NOW........what it is...........TODD COLLINS game.

Not bashing JC........he is not as far along as maybe he should be......making mistakes at crutial times......feeling pressured........and not being able to respond to that pressure in a calm methodical way.

The turtle has it right now.

agree!

TODD

It's because all the receivers are being used better now. Being hit in stride or being thrown jump balls when it's appropriate is the key. For all the talk about how Collins arm is weak, I've seen him go deep (and with some success) more than Campbell.

His YPA is like 8.7 right now. And it would be one thing if he JUST threw to one guy who had been playing poorly before. He's spreading it around.

I'd be interested to see what Lloyd could do with someone who would put some touch on those deep passes and let him go up and get them.

oh please...JC had more deep passes (yac) in one game (Lions) than Collins has had in any one game so far. The fact is TC, to his credit, is efficient (not *crewing up) at a time when the offense has come together and is actually executing- AS A TEAM. that was a big part of the problem for JC...he managed 5 victories depsite how horribly those around him were playing in various stretches.

you all have to realize...campbells played like 20 games.. ...give the kid some time to learn and realize what to do...the fact is hes played better than most people do in their first 20 games so im pumped for teh future... he will be solid and things will only get better if we can get a solid #1 wr and move moss to #2 where he belongs... just wait and see

• 1 year later...
Sorry but Campbell was the REASON why were playing bad, when you have what 7 or so turnovers in 3 games (i think it was more). That has NOTHING to do with knowing the offense, that is basic protecting the ball.

It was the mistakes that he made which were costly.

This is a different team with a competent QB. I am not saying Jason can never be that, but it is clear he did not improve as the season progressed.

And he hasn't got any better 2 years later.

Wow.

People have different views on the current "qb of the future." Whether he needs time to develop or not.....RIGHT NOW.....he was not getting it done.

I believe the game is still to fast for him. I don't think he was comfortable out there. Will he develop into this top notch qb? One will hope. It is what it is. And RIGHT NOW........what it is...........TODD COLLINS game.

Not bashing JC........he is not as far along as maybe he should be......making mistakes at crutial times......feeling pressured........and not being able to respond to that pressure in a calm methodical way.

The turtle has it right now.

None of that has changed either lol

Great until the O-line brokedown......howd we do against the seahawks?

But All-American QB Collins should have lifted our ****ty O-line play and made us VICTORIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem is, Campbell still has trouble making plays when the OL gives him good protection.

Archived