Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clinton Portis and other misses of the pro bowl roster..(merged)

mcarey032

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

oh yeah, and barber cant block like portis can, there more things to being a complete RB than YPC, if that was the case they would trade julius jones and just RUN MB but hes not a every down back. PORtis is, and portis does it with any o-line. he doesnt have his....and sellers has been out a couple times and hes portis front runner. so just watch and see until the seasons over and i bet you portis will have at leat a 4.0 ypc maybe even more.

This is why people who don't love the Cowboys hate the Cowboys.

Barber is a great player. I think he should be the full time starter down there. I've said so for two years.

But the fact is, he's not the full time starter down there. He's a part time back, who's gotten part-time yards and (most importantly) a part-time ypc average. There is no way you can put him up fairly against guys that grind it out every snap. I don't think Portis has really had himself a pro-bowl season. He's been hot and cold and dissappeared in some games. Portis not making the pro-bowl doesn't really bother me. But I'd pick him over Barber, because he shoulders the load for his team. I'd take Gore over Barber too.

I just don't see how you can be considered the best at your position when your own team doesn't even consider you good enough to be a full time starter.

QFT. Im glad someone else looks at it reasonably too. I mean if you run it less of course your YPC is going to be more. i mean hell i could break off a 8 yard run in the nfl but i might get hurt but ill have a 8.0 ypc average but should i get in the pro bowl?

portis is a every down back who gets the ball an grinds it out, he also only has 1 less td than MB because we have given betts and sellers the ball in the redzone alot this year. i believe if portis would have gotten those snaps we would easily have 10 or more tds right now. portis is a great blocker too but even though he has fumbled a little bit he hasnt fumbled anymore than he usual does, and you can expect a littler rust all the time he was out. I hope we keep portis until he cant run anymore because i love him. I hope he reads this site sometimes and see the real fans support and apreciate all he does and has done for us. portis is a beasttttt

1. You think portis should be in probowl because he is more "valuable" to the team? Are you serious? Sorry, he isn't as valuable as here, as Westbrook to philly. Name any team who's running back isn't a valuable player, even L Maroney from the Pats is as important to them as Portis to us dispite their 5 to 1 pass to run ratio.

2. You are a serious homer and I love it. But I hope you accept that Portis is nothing but an emotional leader for this team. His performance and work ethic makes me sick.

3. I just feel he lost his touch and he doesn't play with his heart anymore. Makes me sad. But still it would be nice if he made probowl of popularity contest but I honestly don't think he deserves it because he is more "valuable". We are 7-7 team how many games did portis won for us this year anyway?

I agree completely. With regard to #2, Coach Joe lets him get away with all kinds of self-centered acts. I suspect some of the other players have grown weary and are starting to resent this. This is why I say when Gibbs leaves the team so does Portis. He is like the teachers pet with special privileges.

oh yeah, and barber cant block like portis can, there more things to being a complete RB than YPC, if that was the case they would trade julius jones and just RUN MB but hes not a every down back. PORtis is, and portis does it with any o-line. he doesnt have his....and sellers has been out a couple times and hes portis front runner. so just watch and see until the seasons over and i bet you portis will have at leat a 4.0 ypc maybe even more.

wow, 4.0 ypc, what a lofty goal. Earnest Byner sould step in and do as much. I don't know if Barber deserves to go or not but Clinton certainly does not. I could probably give you 4 NFC backs more deserving.

.He gets the tough yards. I am not arguing that Barber doesn't get tough yards, but this rediculous. If you took off Barber, Julius Jones would still be there getting yards.

JJ is garbage. His way of finding a hole is running into his Lineman.

MB is a good back. The guy is a freak. I wanted CP in the Pro Bowl also.

One thing to remember it is 3 parts to voting in the Pro Bowl. He got flooded by the Cowboys fans. Maybe we didn't play our part in voting in our players. Hopefully someone can't make it and we see our guy CP in the game.

wow, 4.0 ypc, what a lofty goal. Earnest Byner sould step in and do as much. I don't know if Barber deserves to go or not but Clinton certainly does not. I could probably give you 4 NFC backs more deserving.

You can give me 4 backs in the NFC MORE DESERVING!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus christ dude....please do tell.:doh:

Barber going to the probowl is a joke...plain and simple. Nobody goes into a cowpukes game thinking they have to stop Barber. The passing game and O-line have made him what he is, which sure as hell isnt a probowler. Portis never gets enough credit here from the fans or media because he doesnt put up the sick numbers he did in Denver, where at the time he played KC twice a year.

Now Portis will soon put up 1300+ yards and it's a bad year....oohh and by the way 1300+ yards w/o the right side of his line, not just for 3 or 4 games but the whole friggin season. Yet I am sure Portis wasnt even on the radar as a probowler! But hey the probowl is a joke which means too much!

It wasn't just against us. Gurode has botched shotgun snaps all year long. Who cares how well a guy can run block when he can't even master the fundamentals of snapping the ball.

He has botched 4 snaps

3 in the skins game and 1 in the rams game.

Exageration is not a way to make a point

a couple things I can provide you against your statements

The Pokes OL isn't playing much better than the Skins OL this season, in fact the Skins OL has rushed more, for more yards, and has only allowed one more sack than the pokes

They have rushed for 1634 yards on 429 attempts with a 3.8 average

Cowboys have rushed for 1597 yards on 366 carries and a 4.4 ypc

So The Skins rush for 37 more yards on 63 more carries

They have more yards because they run more everything else favors the Cowboys

Now when you consider that the Pokes OL has been healthy and together all season, and Gurode has had another "so called" pro bowl guard beside him in Davis, while Rabach has had to play on a line that lost 3 starters from last season, including both guards, and Fabini isn't even a natural guard, but tackle who has had to learn the postion, and relied on Rabach almost all season... and the Fact with Jansen out, the Right side has relied more on Rabach calls on blocking assignments... tend to think Rabach maybe doing more, and in all is having a better season based on just stats

Rabach was on a healthy line last year and Gurode was still better than him and voted to the pro bowl by his peers

then there is the "bad snap" things Gurode has had several all season, 4 in the Skins game alone, then the classic highlight against the Rams that he sent the ball 30 yards behind the LOS for Romo sits to pee to make a great play getting the ball out and make a first down with... opposed to CR who has zero exchange problems this season, even with a QB switch after JC went down.

3 in the skins game 1 in the rams game sometimes mistakes are made that does not take away how good he has been in every game

While I don't say Rabach is pro bowl worthy, I can say Gurode is definitely not a better center or blocker than CR

Of course you would say that, Gurode plays for the Cowboys

Rabach was having an outstanding season as well pre injury constantly eating up two defensive players . Gourde got in last year on name recognition with the stomping incedent and this year things have carried over.

Last year he wasnt even ranked highly in the fan vote, he was voted in by players and coaches

No player has EVER been voted in solely on the fan vote

RB 24 Barber, Marion CAR 176 YDS 871 AVG 4.9 TDS 9 Dallas Cowboys

RB 26 Portis, Clinton CAR 280 YDS 1,082 AVG 3.9 TDS 8 Washington Redskins

Now I know that I look at things through burgundy and gold glasses, but really, the numbers are right there. Big deal he scores one more touchdown and averages one more yard per carry.

A one yard average difference can mean a lot. Look at Monk's numbers compared to other candidates for the Hall; why are they in and he's out?

I would like to know where these people who vote for Pro=Bowlers and Hall of Fame players come from. They probably are _______ off someone because they sure aren't good evaulters of the truth.
who are these people? they are fans, the same fans that voted 14 cowboy players into the pro-bowl and also voted sean taylor in. i personally dont think a lot of these cowboys belong in the pro-bowl especially williams but they are americas team. the patriots had 8 players voted in and the nfc south had none. maybe thats why its so hard for the cowboy players to make it to the hall of fame. revenge for their popularity?

The Pro Bowl is a farce who cares. If CP is upset sorry but this game sucks I don't even watch it, it's about as crappy as the HOF induction, again something I never watch. It makes no sense to have a bunch of retards voting for people to get into the Hall of Fame when most of the people voting are people that never played the sport, what they need to do is have all HOF voting come from past and present players and coaches. But again we live in an ass backwards world anyway so it's par for the course.

I do think that Barber is a good RB, but I don't necessarily think he should've made it.

That said, I'd be on the Portis for probowl bandwagon if not for his 5 fumbles, I know it's an off year, but a couple of those were killer. (See: NYG and GB games)

5 seems to be too many for a back that doesn't put up stellar (above 4 ypc and double digit TDs) to overcome, especially a primary back like CP.

Archived