Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

About the NFL network

Passizle

Hey all,

I tried to search before I made this thread, but I get fatal errors everytime I try, so here it goes...

I have the NFL netowk through Verizon Fios. I live in the NY metropolitan area. I have a 55" HDTV. My question is this...

Does the NFL network braodcast in true HD in your area? I have had NFLN for about a year now, and I thought they were not up to speed with the broadcasts yet, but after this time, I am wondering if there is something wrong with my service. The games come in true HD, but all other programming does not. Does anyone know why this is?

I cant fathom why a powerful corporation lik the NFL would not broadcast everything in HD.

ABC, NBC, CBS and many others are on the ball with it, so why not NFLN?

Anyone?

I have Dishnetwork HD and get both SD and HD NFL Network channels. I think the NFL does do their games in HD but its up to the local affiliates to rebrodcast in HD...in my area the Fox and CBS station do not broadcast in HD even though during the game they say the game is in HD.

I'm not sure what you mean by "true" HD. I assume you're talking about some shows coming it stretched versus the 4:3 (square) format. All NFL Network games should be coming in the proper high definition format. I have DISH HD and it always looks great. Now... certain shows on NFL Network do happen to come in a 4:3 format, but they usually have blue or black bars on the sides (like ESPN has the grey ESPN logo on the sides). Networks like TBS or TNT just stretch everything to fill the screen and call it HD (baseball and basketball games are the only thing they broadcast that seems to actually be in high definition).

I have Dishnetwork HD and get both SD and HD NFL Network channels. I think the NFL does do their games in HD but its up to the local affiliates to rebrodcast in HD...in my area the Fox and CBS station do not broadcast in HD even though during the game they say the game is in HD.

Are you local affiliates out of Richmond or Charlottesville? I guess you are too far down US-29 to get DC as your locals.

cheers

Archived