Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins miraculously make SB42!Who would you want the opponent to be?Hypothetically!

michael_33

I thought I would get a good idea of what team this board would like to see match up against the Redskins, if for some rediculous scenario had us marching our way to Superbowl 42....

Obviously,I will only include the teams that actually have a shot at postseason like ourselves!

Here's the scenario

--------------------

The Redskins find a way to make it as the #6 seed in the NFC Wildcard position... :cheers:

1)As the Cowboys and Packers draw the 1 and 2 seeds,the Skins travel to play the 3rd seed in the NFC...The Seahawks!Todd Collins does what Mark Brunell failed to do in 05' and throws for 337 yards (2 TD)and Portis runs for 93 yards as the Redskins upend the Seahawks on the Road 26-14.Cooley leads recievers with 8 catches(136 yards) and 2 TD's.

2)In the 2nd round(Divisional) of the playoffs,the Redskins travel to Dallas to play a 14-2 :D Cowboys team that was upended in the finale 30-23 on a LaRon Landry Interception return for a TD.This time in a shocking manor,the Redskins probably had their best game of the year as the Cowboys were unable to stop a hot Todd Collins!Todd Collins threw for 377 yards and 4 TD as the Redskins shocked Cowboy country 41 -20.Anthony Mix and Antwan Randel El led the team with 9 catches each and a pair of TD's between them,while Portis added 1 more for 24 yards in the 3rd quarter.The Redskins advance to the NFC Championship game.

3)As the Packers held off the Bucs in overtime fashion 27-24,the Redskins traveled to Lambeau field in a game with alot of stories...Brett Favre's last game as a Packer and the crazy resurgence of the Washington Redskins...Brett Favre's 1st int. of his career was against the Redskins and his last would be the same as well.CB Fred Smoot would be forever in the back of Favre's mind for years as the Redskins come from behind to beat the beloved Packers 31-27!On a critical 3rd down play in the 3rd Qtr with the Packers up 24-17 and about to score again to make it 31-17,Fred Smoot would pick off Brett at the 5 yard line,which would aventually lead to a Santana Moss Bomb for 59 yards to tied the game at 24 all!Todd Collins would have 285 yards and 2 TD's and Portis would add 1 as well as Cooley...What looked like a spiral type season would find that the Washington Redskins would represent the NFC in Superbowl 42!

Their overall record is 12-7.

Allright Gang!After this WACKY scenario,which AFC team would you like to represent the Redskins in Superbowl 42? :applause:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

1)Patriots=Do I really need to explain why?

:silly:

I love the thought process! Nothing is impossible....

Definately the undefeated pats....It would go down as the biggest upset in superbowl history there couldnt ever be another bigger upset....i mean there undefeated they crushed us by 50 in the regular season and were a 6 seed in the nfc who got in with the most only 9 wins....Thats an upset my friends.

If they made it I would drop to my knees and start balling like a baby! I would like to play the pats if philly can give them a run with aj feely then so could we! Really we should have beaten those ****ers the first time around! But like they say payback is a *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived