Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anthony Mix...

Fan4life

Do you all think we will get to see him in the REdzone this week? Since he is a former Gmen. I wonder if our coaching staff will try to get him the ball a bit this game. :applause: Same as Thrash was used vs the Eagles.

The kid is huge. From some of the pictures on here. He's as big as Yoder and Cooley with more speed. *Has been clocked at 10.6 in the 100m* :gaintsuck

I don't think Thrash was used because he was going against his former team. The reason we used him was because he was our third WR, and our first two WRs were injured. In any case, maybe the coaches will learn a lesson from sitting Caldwell and McCardell for too long and play Mix earlier than expected. Although, I don't think the coaches have learned any lessons all year long.

He has made plays on special teams already. For a guy who doesnt get much playing time. He has made the most of anything time he got.

I really do hope he gets a few snaps on Offense. 6'5 WR is tough for any CB to cover inside the Redzone.

He has already contributed more to this team in 2 games then Brandon Lloyd has contributed in 2 seasons. :doh:

McCants was the man in the redzone. He was cheap why did we get rid of him?

He had a big dorito chip on his shoulder. I think he still does. Probaly wasnt the biggest team guy. i remember Gibbs wanted to keep him .but he got into Gibbs practice Dog HOuse during camp. :mad:

why do you guys think we can just pick people from the bottom and expect them to be instant threats? this guy isn't "ballin" for a reason....he's not that great offensively

How do you know? Are you on the coaching staff? We just signed him a couple of weeks ago and he's already making plays on special teams.

As a fan, I would definitely like to see him out there. But realistically, I'm not sure that he'd be ready to go full throttle on our offense right now. If we're trying to make the paloffs, we need people on the field who can run the routes/plays the best. We're trying to make a paloff run here and can't afford any mistakes. IMHO, let him do his thing on ST and let's groom him for next season.

As a fan, I would definitely like to see him out there. But realistically, I'm not sure that he'd be ready to go full throttle on our offense right now. If we're trying to make the paloffs, we need people on the field who can run the routes/plays the best. We're trying to make a paloff run here and can't afford any mistakes. IMHO, let him do his thing on ST and let's groom him for next season.

We can still have him out there running routes, doesn't mean we have to throw it to him. The best way to learn a system is to play it, not READ about it, WATCH it on fil, etc.

If he gets open and gtes a TD than bonus for us.

For all we know he could be gem of a WR. Even MCcants wasnt thought of as much. But he put up 6 tds in the Redzone in 2003year.

and McCants didn't play special teams, that was his downfall. If you can play and contribute on special teams, then coaches have a valid reason to keep you on the roster, let alone an active game day player.

Hopefully he gets in on a few red zone plays, maybe even as a decoy. Either way, we don't need to draft a first round WR. Plenty of talent out there that just needs to be developed. This is a hard game.

and McCants didn't play special teams, that was his downfall. If you can play and contribute on special teams, then coaches have a valid reason to keep you on the roster, let alone an active game day player.

Hopefully he gets in on a few red zone plays, maybe even as a decoy. Either way, we don't need to draft a first round WR. Plenty of talent out there that just needs to be developed. This is a hard game.

We still need to draft a WR

where's mccants playing today....oh yeah...maybe that's why we got rid of him.

as for mix, we absolutely should be using the guy in the red zone; unfortunately, our coaching staff doesn't like creating mismatches for the defense, they would rather be stubborn about things and expect the starters to be capable of doing everything.

We can still have him out there running routes, doesn't mean we have to throw it to him. The best way to learn a system is to play it, not READ about it, WATCH it on fil, etc.

If he gets open and gtes a TD than bonus for us.

Exactly my point. I don't want him out there trying to learn when we're in the playoff hunt. I'd rather him do all that mess in Preseason and the first 3 weeks or so of next year. Who knows what he could do out there running routes right now. If he runs a wrong pattern, he could draw defenders into where we're trying to make a play, which could turn into a couple big plays the opposite way. I could live with him getting like 3 or 4 plays max in the game when we're trying to stretch the field and need that tall receiver to go over smaller defenders down the sideline. Nothing more than that though. We need to be perfect for these next games.

why do you guys think we can just pick people from the bottom and expect them to be instant threats? this guy isn't "ballin" for a reason....he's not that great offensively

I watched him play for four years at Auburn and I disagree. He was always the guy that Jason went to for a first down in a 3 and 7 situation and he always came through. The reason he didn't put up big numbers in college is because Auburn wasn't often in that situation with Caddie and Ronnie in the backfield. Anthony is an aggressive football player and a hard worker.

Exactly my point. I don't want him out there trying to learn when we're in the playoff hunt. I'd rather him do all that mess in Preseason and the first 3 weeks or so of next year. Who knows what he could do out there running routes right now. If he runs a wrong pattern, he could draw defenders into where we're trying to make a play, which could turn into a couple big plays the opposite way. I could live with him getting like 3 or 4 plays max in the game when we're trying to stretch the field and need that tall receiver to go over smaller defenders down the sideline. Nothing more than that though. We need to be perfect for these next games.

Let's continue to play not to lose??? Seems to have been the problem all season.

We brought him in per Campbell's request. Without Campbell, I think he stays on special teams for now. Either way, we will deffinitely hang on to him into next year's training camp. He has to stay on the active roster since we stole him off the Giant's practice squad.

It would be nice to have another big target in the endzone though.

Archived