Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins will win if they fix red zone woes

Mr. Sinister

I have racked my brain the last few days to figure out what the skins will gain with JC on the bench. Now let me make this clear. This is not a bash JC thread, however, I have noticed his poor decision making in the red zone, which has led to the Skins kicking field goals, which has led to the team blowing half time leads. He looked VERY indecisive at times, and along with his every-game turnovers, and HIS called timeouts, which he also does a lot, has led team to this point. I think that with Collins, you'll get a guy that won't throw the ball 50 yds in the air, but you'll also get a cagy veteran that won't make rookie mistakes, and lets face it, if anyone knows this offense inside out, its this guy. Think about it. How many games have the Skins lost this year because of turnovers. Packers, Eagles( we would have scored if Betts did'nt fumble) Dallas ( abruptly ended the game) and Tampa. I think that if the team does'nt beat themselves, we WILL win out. Just hold on to the damn ball.:doh:

The problem is, that's what seperates the good teams from the bad teams. Teams that get 6 in the redzone and not 3, and don't turn it over. We're a little bit different of case because we can move the ball really efficiently....but then once we cross that 20 yard line we stall. Some teams can't even move the ball. So that seperates us from the really bad teams. But still, only until we fix our redzone woes will we be a good team. We're not far though.

The problem is, that's what seperates the good teams from the bad teams. Teams that get 6 in the redzone and not 3, and don't turn it over. We're a little bit different of case because we can move the ball really efficiently....but then once we cross that 20 yard line we stall. Some teams can't even move the ball. So that seperates us from the really bad teams. But still, only until we fix our redzone woes will we be a good team. We're not far though.

this seems to be an ongoing story with the redskins........ right teetering on the edge of elite...... but they never come through. It's frustrating because like CP said, this team is too talented for every game to be tough. We shouldn't be having these problems with an offensive guru for an offensive coordinator or a HoF head coach who was known for dominating offenses with the mentality "You can know what we're doing, but theres nothing you can do to stop it"

It seems a lot of our problems originate from the offensive line more than JC playing poorly or Portis playing poorly. Jason is also very hurried in the redzone because the olines blocking gets even worse. The annoying part for me, is that last year our oline dominated and we have a devastating run game but for the most part crappy quarterbacking, now, when we have good quarterbacking, and I think Jason is a good quarterback, our oline is crap and we have crap pass pro or run blocking.

I dont know if this is still going on, but earlier in the season Gibbs said that Saunders call all the plays until they get to the 35 yard line. That's when Gibbs decides to step in. Maybe if Gibbs just butts the hell out completely, our red zone offense would improve.

Unless our receivers grow another 5 inches before the next game, I think we are gonna continue to have problems. That's why Cooley gets all the tds in the redzone. If Cooley gets double covered in the red zone, like he has been, we will struggle, which we have been. Thats why Im still hoping A. Mix can be that guy we go to in the red zone other than Cooley.

Archived