Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Public Service Announcement on Sean Taylor merchandise threads.

Art

All,

In the aftermath of what happened with Sean Taylor, as you all know, the team is donating the profits of his gear sales to the family he left behind. It's a promise they've made as an organization. Extremeskins.com is part of that organization and in the case of Taylor merchandise we're going to have to watch it more closely and ask that you direct your wish to help to official merchandise channels.

In our capacity as moderators of the team's official board we are unable to aid in the specific promotion of items that are not legally and officially sanctioned by the organization, league or player's family. And, we also do not want any of our fans here scammed by people on E-bay out to take advantage of what's happened by selling illegal merchandise, though we know our fans here are not scamming anyone. We just want you to be aware of such scams.

Enabling or supporting privately run and managed ways to aid Taylor's family is of great value and it's hoped you'll continue. What Sweet Sassy, Pez, Huly and so many others have done to honor Taylor and help others is inspiring and important. Everyone appreciates all you do as fans and people.

My son became a Panthers fan right after Stephen Davis left the Redskins. His first jersey was a Panther #48. He's now 16 and getting older and wiser, maybe because Dad has been taking him to Redskins events. I went to my first game ever the day of the Sean Taylor tribute, and I've got my towel on the wall.

I was really upset over the $100 towels on eBay. If those people who "had to have one" had only waited three days, they could get them from the Redskins store for $3.99, and support Sean's family in the process.

I feel the Redskins organization has acted with class over the sale of Sean Taylor products. So, looks like a #21 jersey in Burgundy and Gold will be under our tree this year.

My son became a Panthers fan right after Stephen Davis left the Redskins. His first jersey was a Panther #48. He's now 16 and getting older and wiser, maybe because Dad has been taking him to Redskins events. I went to my first game ever the day of the Sean Taylor tribute, and I've got my towel on the wall.

I was really upset over the $100 towels on eBay. If those people who "had to have one" had only waited three days, they could get them from the Redskins store for $3.99, and support Sean's family in the process.

I feel the Redskins organization has acted with class over the sale of Sean Taylor products. So, looks like a #21 jersey in Burgundy and Gold will be under our tree this year.

You had a son at age 11?

I just received my Sean Taylor Car Magnet, and the Hat. The Car magnet is awesome, the hat is kind of plain with a regular 21 on it, i figured they would write his name on it somewhere cuz it looks more like an atlanta falcons hat, but i dont really mind that much, i think its awesome as well. The car magnet was bigger than i thought i would be. Its very nice, but im afraid to put it on my car right now because I have a feeling someone will steal it.

The Ebay stories rip out my heart. I am so glad they are available for a reasonable price to cut that crap out. :mad:

I am going to have my towel and ticket from the game framed together. Why would anyone want to bid on that type of memerobilia (sp?) without being at the game? I don't get it. Plus, if you were at the game, it is painful to remember the 16-17 game itself.

It was an honor to be at the game to honor the player.

Maybe I am just too old to get it. :(

:helmet: The Rook

Archived