Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kordell finally cut

Steelers | Stewart Officially Released - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)

9:24 PT: Updating previous stories, Steelers.com reports the Pittsburgh Steelers have officially released QB Kordell Stewart. The release has been awaited for some time now. The Steelers have now cleared $6.3 million against the cap for 2003.

This room is to sign S. Davis, mark my words.

Thats where #48 will end up.

Anyone want to bet me?

Originally posted by Bandit

I've been saying he'd be great in that run 1st offense for months.

He would do really well there. I hate the Steelers but man, I really liked Davis.

The thing is, the Steelers aren't a run 1st offense anymore. Cowher made a decision to open the offense up after losing many close playoff games and they became a pass-first offense. Of course, they again lost a close playoff game.

i could live with davis in steeltown. AFC. perfect. but would they do that with zeroue (sp?) there? he proved to be more than adequate. also, is the offense still run first? with the emergence of maddox, ward (yes, he emerged before 2002), and plaxico it seems that they may be shifting ever so slightly away from the run. not real sure, as i don't follow the steelers at all. just some questions i have. any afc team is fine by me. detroit would be OK, as far as i'm concerned. dallas? god, i hope not.

Originally posted by Bandit

On TSN's choice voice, some guy says that after the Bucs add Davis and a few OL, they will be unstoppable.

ugh

now I am HOPING he goes to the Burgh.

Well, the Bucs are gonna run into some cap issues in the next 2-3 years. Besides the rumor is that Warren Sapp might ask for a $20 million signing bonus(YEAH....RIIIIIGHT!!!!) when he is up for a new deal, so that it might be hard for them to get BOTH Davis and strengthen the O-line too.

Archived