Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another Playoff post.. Sorry guys, it has to be done

BleedinBurgNGold

Well, we have to beat the Giants, which I'm not optimistic about. We haven't beaten them in NY since 2003, and I don't see why would would beat them this year. If we do, then your scenario is possible because they will lose to the Pats and maybe the Eagles. But I don't see us going into NY on Sunday Night Football and coming out with a win.

It is a Sunday night game and the Skins are playing after 9 days and are getting some needed rest. It is almost like playing after a Bye-Week and we are also coming off a win with TC looking really good. The players know these last 3 games are do or die situation the same thing we did in 2005. I am loving the momentum that we have now. I don't see us losing to the Giants.

being a girl i don't know everything about football. but i do know that it will be tough for the redskins to make the playoffs and if they make it they will have to fight to make it very far. i love the redskins but come on lets face it they are having a hard time winning games this year. but who knows anything is possible. i certainly hope we make the wc. but they will have to try really hard and put everything they got so they can win a game.
You seem to know more about football than many of the posters here.

While Campbell is the QB of this team's future, not having him doesn't necessarily equate to us not having a chance the next 3 games. Doesn't anyone recall last year when Jeff Garcia came in and led the Eagles to the playoffs by winning 5 straight? I think that if McNabb had not got injured, Philly may have not gone on that run. I'm not sure how Collins will perform in the next few weeks, but he did provide a spark to the offense Thursday.

']Actually' date=' talking about the playoffs for the Redskins seems a bit odd right now. What is Campbell's prognosis? Is he going to play against the Giants? I think he has to be in the lineup for this to happen. How is he?[/quote']

Campbell is out (displaced kneecap). The speculation is for a month, so that's probably it for him. But, Todd Collins put up 24 points (224 passing yards) in little more than a half against the Bears. He ran the Saunders offense better than Jason ever has. It was only a half but...

Campbell is out (displaced kneecap). The speculation is for a month, so that's probably it for him. But, Todd Collins put up 24 points (224 passing yards) in little more than a half against the Bears. He ran the Saunders offense better than Jason ever has. It was only a half but...

But that's it. It was only a half against the 28th ranked D in the league...

At this point, I don't think we should care whether its the 5th or 6th spot we take. Either way we likely go up against either Tampa or Seattle in the first round, neither of which are impressive.

We should probably cheer for the Giants tomorrow anyway.....a win by NY tomorrow should almost seal a WC berth for them, perhaps making the game against us less urgent from their end, and will knock Philly pretty much out of it.

was thinking about that as well, I'd much rather the team travel to TB for a WC game if possible, than to Seattle. Seattle's stadium is the loudest in the league, and the weather sucks there.

I like our team on natural grass in a mild climate over freezing rain, turf and noise.

Not to get ahead of oursleves, but what's the scenario for us taking a WC spot and heading to Tampa in stead of Seattle , provided we win out and those 2 teams clinch their div?

I disagree. Even if the Giants win, they won't simply shut it down with three weeks to go in the regular season. It will be a tough game either way. Also, we don't control our own destiny if the Giants win. If the Giants win twice, we would still need the Lions, Cardinals, Panthers, and Saints to lose a game. If the Giants lose and finish 1-2 the rest of the way, we only need three of those teams to lose.

Except I didn't say "win." I said "clinch." The Giants can clinch a playoff berth before they play us.

Best case scenario is we somehow get the 5th seed by virture of a Giants collapse, then we play the 6th seed at Fedex Field in the NFC Championship. :D
Nice, lol :)

Yeah, nice. Unfortunately that's never happened in NFL history.

I'd be happy just to make the playoffs -- like the '96 Jags who came back from 4-7.

Archived