Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Sameuls blocking downfield

RT8ball23

Samuels is one of the better LTs in the league, and he does a lot of the little things right, however; I do think that he is overrated by the national media a bit. That being said, he did do a hell of a job getting down field to help plow the way for Portis.

Samuels is one of the better LTs in the league, and he does a lot of the little things right, however; I do think that he is overrated by the national media a bit. That being said, he did do a hell of a job getting down field to help plow the way for Portis.

I don't think he's overated at all. He's been a workhorse his whole career. Played injured, never complains, doesn't blame stuff on injuries.

If they could see how his career would be right now when they picked him they'd still snap him up in a heart beat.

Yea the only time I really see him get beat is by a defensive end with speed but other than that he is usually very solid.

:applause: Yes, he pulls great, smart player but is a step slow on the speed rushers. Collins and Campbell to a certain extent are stepping up in the pocket a little better when he gets beat on that first step.

Not sure who you think is better right now. Samuels has been the best left tackle in the game for years.

Even last year, Walter Jones gave up like a dozen sacks. Pace hasn't been on Samuels level, except during the SPurrier years. Pace is the one who gave up tres sacks to Bruce Smith on national television. Jonathan Ogden will limp towards retirement.

Samuels had a rough go of it during SPurrier's time here but so did just about all the offensive linemen.

Samuels isn't overrated either. It's hard to overrate the best tackle in the league, dude.

Archived