Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thursday Night Games Unneccessary

dsciambi

I was reading the recap of last night's game on ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=271206028) and on the side of the article, it mentioned Thursday night games.

The sloppy play and influx of injuries begs questions about the logic behind playing games on such a short week, particularly this late in the season when few players are truly healthy. A portion of this game was somewhat unwatchable and at times matched the quality of play in the preseason.

In the NFL's greed to host games on their own network, are they diminishing the games? Not only that, but are they putting players at a much greater risk of injury?

I would vote for yes on all accounts. The Thursday night games are detrimental to the teams that have to play in them, and with less preparing, lead to sloppy games that are less interesting to watch.

I agree. I hate THu night games but out of the three games ive been to this year this one was by far the loudest and most involved i had seen the crowd to date. I did have to spend the first 10 minutes in my car with the heat on full blast on the toes. I could barely feel em by the end of the game. We Won so everything else is moot.

Hum...........

Let's see,

ESPN "jealous" of NFL.com getting the viewing?

The history of football - there has always been Thursday night games, I am NOT opposed to moving the Thursday to Saturday- but lets make it early evening NOT mid afternoon - I work mid afternoons and wouldn't be able to watch the games; but I feel that perhaps ESPN and the NFL + the other networks channels should have equal opportunity to carry the games.:2cents:

I don't care what network the game is on, I don't like Thursday night games. Sunday is my football day. Play the game on Sunday. By the end of the year it's Sunday, Monday, Thursday and also Saturday. If I wanted to have to keep up with all those nights I'd watch Basketball or something.

Archived