Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBC: Suspects in Sean Taylor's killing denied bond, on suicide watch

warren

If they were white' date=' they would probably have a hell of a lot better legal representation and they would have made Jason Whitlock's head explode.

And, yes, I would feel pity for the victims regardless of their race. Don't confuse "pity" with sympathy. I have no sympathy for them. I do regard them as pitiful in the purest sense.

[/quote']

Well, just to throw it out there, if you follow some links, they have plenty of white friends using the N word and engaged in the same antics. So it could have happened...

I suppose I have no problem with pity in this case, as one would pity Gollum.

Oh, anyone think there's a strong chance that they came for Jackie to rob her and force her to open up safes? That the ONLY surprise here was that Sean was home, otherwise Jackie would have been tied up (at best) and suffered through a possible beating or worse?

Think about it---Mitchell is now said to have worn a mask. Why would you be wearing a mask and carrying a gun and going into the bedroom of a home that you know people are in/out of on a SUNDAY night (of all nights) after having been there before?

Seriously, I think that they thought SOMEONE ELSE would be home and just freaked out that it was Sean with a machete waiting for them.

At best, they tried to rip off someone who had shown them kindness.

They brought a gun for a reason - to win a fight, in the event of a confrontation. There were a very limited number of people who would be in the house at any given time - Sean, Jackie, little Jackie, Sean's sister or Jackie's sister. Those were basically the only people against whom the gun could be used. Sean's sister could identify them. Possible, Sean and Jackie could identify some of them. Other than Sean, no one could physically win a fight with any one of the suspects. So there are only two reasons to bring a gun: (1) to kill one of the women that could identify you or (2) to kill someone stronger than you, i.e., Sean.

I'm sorry, but I can't muster up even the slightest bit of sympathy for them.

You know, I'm just not at the point where I really feel sorry for these boys, and I don't think I ever will be. Sure, I'll forgive them and I honestly do hope they end up turning their lives around, but I'm never going to feel "sorry" for them. This is an absolutely tragic situation, and I feel sorry that it happened, but these guys made their beds and now they have to lie in them.

I'm so sick and tired of people making excuses for these guys' idiotic actions. They're adults (minus the 17-year-old...but even when I was 17, I knew that type of behavior was WRONG!!!!) and they knew better than to break into someone's home and steal. And if there wasn't the possibility of them running into someone (even if it wasn't Sean, but someone else around the house), why the frick would they bring a gun??? They made stupid, stupid, stupid decisions in breaking into the house, stealing someone else's property, bringing a gun, and using it (even if it wasn't premeditated murder which I obviously don't think it was) and now they have to pay for their stupidity...

Honestly, and I know it's odd to say this right now, but those four kids probably aren't "evil" either. They are all so young. I doubt they meant to kill Sean-- they were just some idiot punks looking for a fast score, and probably got scared, someone shot, and they ran.

I think all four should spend the max amount of time in jail-- in the end, they made a choice, and those choices killed a man. They deserve to be punished severely.

But in a way, it makes the story even more sad...Sean's gone and now 4 other lives (and the lives of their loved ones) are ruined as well.

What a waste.

I gotta agree with u 100% on the previous text. The bottom line is we all make choices in life, cuz thats what lifes about. But we all reap the rewards from them and also suffer the consequences from them. THose kids and sean made choices that allowed for thier and Seans paths to cross in this life.The outcome was tragic, but the choices are all thiers nonetheless. We dont understand when something this tragic happens but its not meant for us to understand. We do know sean is gone, cuz ppl die, we all gotta go. Also those kids lives are over. But why? Perhaps its to make baby Jackie into strong anti-firearm activist when shes older, perhaps it stops one kid from wanting to commit something like this a month from now. Who knows, THere is a reason for everything. I am glad we got to know sean the player and even more proud when I learned of sean the man from those who knew him best.

feel sorry for them?

these kids are of age, 18+

most of you are 30+ years old, i was their age about 5 years ago and i still knew right from wrong.

they are old enough to watch the news and know right from wrong, they aren't 10-12 year olds wielding guns.

they obviously chose the path trying to "get rich yo", look at their myspace pages, i don't feel an inch of sympathy for them...

that being said i hope they don't even get close to getting a chance to taking their own lives, they deserve to rot in jail and become nasty nate's little b****

4 thugs are off the street. How many does that leave? Life is crazy anyway you look at it. The only thing that we are gauranteed in life is death. No matter what the justice system brings to these pieces of ****, Sean Taylor is dead. His daughter will never have a conversation with her father and fans will never see his awesome display of athleticism ever again. You can hang them, shoot them, lock them up for life or release them. In the end its all the same. While this story may not seem fit I feel it is comparible to what you are feeling. A little over 6 years ago I responded to an accident in which a drunk driver on a suicide mission wrecked into a truck driven by a 20 year old male. We got there and the 20 year old was still alive, talking to me. I heard so much fear in his voice. I found out a short time later that the drunk driver was 3x the legal limit. And a week later we buried my 20 year old best friend who I had grown up with since I was 10 years old. I wanted to seek some sort of revenge in any way I could, not matter what the price was. But the thing about it is not matter what I did my friend was gone, his family will suffer forever, the other drivers family will suffer forever and neither one is coming back. Everybody wants these thugs dead or wants them to suffer, when my friend died his KILLER was already dead. But that did absolutely nothing to ease the pain for me or any of his family. Had the drunk driver lived and been locked up my friend would still be gone and the hurt would of still been there. My point is let them suffer their consequences however they are dealt. I dont want Sean Taylors killers to walk either believe me. I didnt know him but his death for some reason almost felt like a friends or family member, but no matter what happens to the killers Sean has gone home for good. If you believe in a GOD then you know that he will have the deciding factor and that should be all that matters. In the end he's gone and absolutely nothing will bring him back. Dont get yourself too involved in what should happen to the thugs because they will pay the price for what theyve done and it still will not heal the pain. Some of you all might think that drunk driving is o.k. but I dont and to me those who kill after have too many to drink are equal to the thugs who killed sean taylor and to those who are killing innocent people everyday. A killer is one who takes the life of another living being and thats the reason I think my story may be comparible and help some of you forget about the 4 thugs and concentrate on what Sean Taylor meant to you not some pieces of **** with no value on life. I hope I didnt give you all a headache.

They are guys who made a horrible mistake and now they'll suffer the consequences. But no.....I don't hate them, and neither should you.

These were not guys who went out one night and got drunk and make a mistake that changed their life. The mistake was 20 years earlier when their mother gave it up for a crack hit. It takes 10 seconds of review of their life to see they were scum. if they were home that night and completely innocent of this crime, they would still be scum. I bet that if you took their immediate circle of low life friends and gathered them all together, you'd have an even bigger collection of scum. In 10 years or so when they are back on the street, they will still be scum and they probably will produce 10 little scums to 10 different scum women,

It's hard to not hate the suspects. They killed a great football player, father and person just because they were jealous of his wealth and were too lazy to earn their money like everyone else. Also the friends and family of the suspects have been ignorant throughout the whole situation claiming that "the boys never did anything wrong" and that "they were good boys" when all of the suspects had previous run-ins with the law. Also one of the suspects' sister's Myspace page said something stupid like "Sean is gone and he's not coming back so free my bro" or something like that. If the family of the suspects won't feel remorse for the crime and act in an ignorant manner, why should we feel remorse for the suspects? These guys were screw-ups and they'll always be screw-ups. The parents should be ashamed of having such pathetic children.

Looking at the charges, I wonder how much of it is just for a shakedown to point to the guy who actually pulled the trigger. I don't see how all four of them can be charged with unpremeditated murder unless they all held the gun.

I think by the time this goes to court there will be one person on trial for unpremeditated murder and the rest will have either plea-bargained their way into jail already or all four will have accepted a deal.

I do not share your sentiments that this is an all-around sad situation. They brought this upon themselves. If they were some good kids who just wanted some money, they wouldn't have brought a gun with them. These "kids" are murderers, just like anyone else who breaks into a house and shoots someone. I would gladly stand their suicide watch.

Looking at the charges, I wonder how much of it is just for a shakedown to point to the guy who actually pulled the trigger. I don't see how all four of them can be charged with unpremeditated murder unless they all held the gun.

I think by the time this goes to court there will be one person on trial for unpremeditated murder and the rest will have either plea-bargained their way into jail already or all four will have accepted a deal.

Actually, all involved, including anyone who was just driving them around town that night, can be charged with murder, since they are accessories to the crime. They went out with the intent of robbing a house (all guilty of that) and shot someone in the process (one trigger man). In their act of crime, someone died, so that makes them all responsible.

Archived