Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

so if we finish 6-10.....

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

#1. Hire Josh McDaniels ( O cord from New England) as your head coach.

#2. Keep Jerry grey as your D cord. and also keep Byner, Kurt ovitoti. why? because they are young.

#3. Hire Drew Bledso as your qb coach. He would be a great mentor to JC. Look what he has done with Tom Brady and Tony Romo sits to pee ( This not By accident that they both have turned out good, Its been said that Drew would be a great coach. Look at who he has had as his head coaches. Bill Parcels, Bill Bell.

Hire a understudy of Bill Polian or Scott Peoll as GM.

we will be back to glory in 3 years.

he needs to go. what a loser. go back to that redneck nascar or do something other than being here in DC.
If the age wasn't already available to us, I would have sworn that an angry twelve year old typed this quote. :doh:

I just can't believe that Joe Gibbs can't fix this team. No matter how bad things have gotten, something just tells me that he will do whatever it takes to correct things with this team before he leaves. Even if it means having to have another coach stand next to him, holding his hand and scrutinizing every dicision that he makes.

Can someone honestly tell me what any other coach could do here with the following issues.

*an aging roster thats young in only a few spots due to mishandled drafts

*An old and injury prone offensive line

*Receivers who are always injured and dont have the size to go up and catch passes

*A battered secondary, both by injury and tragedy

*A defensive line that cannot get to the QB

* 2/3 starting linebackers on the wrong side of 30

We are a team with barely any young talent. Free Agency is our end all. Like I said, this team is two drafts away from being consistently good.

So why didn't we use the last two drafts to address these!

Oh.. wait..

You know what the problem?? we had no GM. We are like the rich brats at new car dealership and have to have THE NEW car. Therefore, It seems we overpaid everything. We reached for players in the draft, we gave up picks and big contracts for marginal FAs.

We had to have a good RB. We went out and get CP by giving up Bailey AND a no.2

We had to have a young QB. We trade back in first round to select JC.

We had to have most atheletic guys. We draft Taylor/Landry in top 6. I like them both but when was the last time a team spent two top-6 pick on Safeties?

We had to have a good No.2 and No.3 WRs. We trade away the draft to get ARE and Floyd.

We had to have another good RB after CP was hurt last season. We gave up two good picks for Duckett........

Football is still blocking and tackling. If we actually executed those plays on third and short and also in the Red Zone, we wouldn't be asking for any changes. The coach is not the one playing on the field. It's his job to put us in a position to win. If you look back at most of the games excluding the Pats, I think you can say that we had a chance to win them all. I'll take 6-10 if the next win is against the Cowpukes!

BLC......I have to give you credit.

Earlier this season in the prediction polls.......I picked we would finish at 6-10.

You picked 7-9.

Aside from your feelings about believing Portis was the answer, and my feelings that Portis wasn't worth the money that could be better used elsewhere, and absolutely wasn't the answer....I agree with a lot of what you say. You have a very good knowledge of football.

The current answer is simple.....whether the organization has the balls to make the changes is the only question.

1. Allow Joe "to resign" at the end of this season. If he doesn't resign...fire him.

2. Send Bugel, Williams and possibly Saunders all out the door too. Maybe Joe can find a place in the pit area at nascar for them.

3. Fire Vinny.

4. Focus on the draft....build a real team, with an immediate emphasis on the offensive and defensive lines.....in the top rounds of the draft. Not some 5th round crap.

5. Take whatever "marquee" players aside from JC, Cooley, Landry, and maybe 2 other young guys we have.......and shop them.

6. Break it all down and start over. Build a team round JC, Cooley and Landry.

:cheers:

So your saying like most that a GM will make this team a winning team again. Well look at other teams around the NFL that have a GM. I bet you that not all are winning teams. So go ahead and look at the stats.

Well, that is a pretty compelling argument. A GM would work wonders.

he needs to go. what a loser. go back to that redneck nascar or do something other than being here in DC.

This **** is getting out of hand. And by **** I mean terrible posts like this nonsense. Oh and brandon lloyd christmas what a downer. I feel like everyone in the younger generation of skins fans is so impatient. Its not easy to turn a terrible program from the past 15 years around, 5 year plan, 5 year gibbs contract. He will finish it out and it will be great

This **** is getting out of hand. And by **** I mean terrible posts like this nonsense. Oh and brandon lloyd christmas what a downer. I feel like everyone in the younger generation of skins fans is so impatient. Its not easy to turn a terrible program from the past 15 years around, 5 year plan, 5 year gibbs contract. He will finish it out and it will be great

I am a young fan who has yet to really see a great, consistent team. I still believe in Joe Gibbs though. :helmet: forever

Sean Taylor: :notworthy

Joe Gibbs is not only the head coach, but he's the team president as well. The problem is that he tried to fix something that wasn't broken by hiring Saunders. He could have easily operated from his own playbook last year and this year.

But I have news for you all....HE'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE!

]']I completely understand the dislike for Gibbs. He has failed us' date=' But I find it troubling as to how disrespectful we've become. Sure, his past success shouldn't warrant a job, but it should warrant respect.[/quote']

Absolutely. Im amazed at the lack of respect. I am even more amazed when I see ages like 35 or 45. When I see 19 and i see posts like "He's an old senile geezer" I take it with a grain of salt but you 30 year olds or older calling him a loser just shocks me to no end. Not to deny he has made mistakes, I like this team way more than ANY that norv or spurrier or Robiskie or Shottenheimer or pettibone ever had. I haven't liked a team more than this one since. . . well last time Joe coached the team.

so if we finish 6-10, which sounds very likely, can gibbs possibly stay on for another season??? this would be his 4 year 2nd tenure record:

2004: 6-10

2005: 10-6

2006: 5-11

2007: 6-10

27-37 = 42% winning percentage

could we all just realize that if we go 6-10 this year, his second tenure has just been a huge failure? or do we really have to put up with this again next year. ill obviously watch this team until my last day on earth, but my god its gonna be painful to watch gibbs trot out with this team next year if hes still here. i just cant take losing the way we do anymore, and im sure plenty of you feel the same way.

cmon danny, make us proud. get us another coach PLEEEEAAASEEE!

6-10 and we suck.

For all of you smart ESers - How many times and way you are going to start threads on kicking JG out.

Mods can you we just post a sticky that says all JG bashers in here please!

For the LAST TIME he is going to be here next year!!!! End of story!

For those who think a GM will do wonders - JUST STOP - I am amazed at how many of you are willing to wait another 3-7 years with a new front Office.

Let me do the math for you all - 1 year is less then 3-7 year. 1 year is the time you should give to JG and let him finish his term. We are like this close (holding my finders very close to each other with approx. .0000001 mm of space between them) to the SB and you all want to start over - how dumb is that!!!!

Anyone who cant see that Gibbs has nothing left and coaches scared is dillusional. The man simply cant hack it in todays nfl, we need a fresh young coach that doesnt coach "not to lose."

so youre saying that no matter who is our coach, the lack of a GM and our assbackwards front office, nobody can do better than joe gibbs?

How many threads do we need to debate this crap? After every loss it's the same morbid discussion; possibly dressed up differently depending on the win-lose count.

Get over it folks; Gibbs will go when Danny or Gibbs say so. Not one minute sooner.

I just thank the Lord that Gibbs was here to lead us through the tragic events of the last week and a half.

For all of you smart ESers - How many times and way you are going to start threads on kicking JG out.

Mods can you we just post a sticky that says all JG bashers in here please!

For the LAST TIME he is going to be here next year!!!! End of story!

For those who think a GM will do wonders - JUST STOP - I am amazed at how many of you are willing to wait another 3-7 years with a new front Office.

Let me do the math for you all - 1 year is less then 3-7 year. 1 year is the time you should give to JG and let him finish his term. We are like this close (holding my finders very close to each other with approx. .0000001 mm of space between them) to the SB and you all want to start over - how dumb is that!!!!

i'm curious...based on what empirical evidence are we THIS CLOSE to the super bowl?

because, no offense, but that is absolute nonsense....you can be no more sure of that than I am about who will win the World Series next year...what we DO know is that the best predictor of future performance is past performance.....and, as such, I am probably pretty safe in assuming that either the Red Sox or Yankees have a better chance at the series next year than the rest of the league. Does it mean it will happen? No, but by looking at trends, performance, players, etc. I can make an educated guess.

What are YOU basing your educated guess on?

Because I look at your evidence and what I see is:

6-10

10-6

5-11

5-7

17-15 when leading at halftime...

4 blown double digit second half leads..

I won't go on, but its not like I am pulling this out of my rearend (or the rest of us)...we WANT this team to win...I have blind faith in one thing...and it isn't the Washington Redskins....

Archived