Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs II vs. Spurrier vs. Norv....

trio

Out of those coaches we had in the last 15 years...Schottenheimer was the best. He got canned for no good reason. Ever since that day, I hold a grudge against Dan.

I was angry with Dan for hiring Schotty. In San Diego, A.J. Smith forced Cam Cameron and Wade Phillips on him to get him out of his conservative, Martyball rut.

dude, your location is "Radford".....something tells me you should be`sharing with the rest of us....:D

Hey I went to radford and I take great offense in that. Well anyways seeing that your 34 I'm guessing you don't keep up with the current sterotypes of VA's institutions of higher learning (no pun intended) sterotypes, but JMU now has the leading rate of STD's among their student population.

As for this arguement the team is either cursed or I don't know I mean most succesful coaches in their first tenure usually aren't succesful in their next. Parcells, Ditka, Johnson or its vice versa Belicheat, Vermeil. I'm having a hard time to find any justifable reasons for this team's lack of success, it most transcend into the realm of the supernatural. JKC curse anyone?

Hey I went to radford and I take great offense in that. Well anyways seeing that your 34 I'm guessing you don't keep up with the current sterotypes of VA's institutions of higher learning (no pun intended) sterotypes, but JMU now has the leading rate of STD's among their student population.

As for this arguement the team is either cursed or I don't know I mean most succesful coaches in their first tenure usually aren't succesful in their next. Parcells, Ditka, Johnson or its vice versa Belicheat, Vermeil. I'm having a hard time to find any justifable reasons for this team's lack of success, it most transcend into the realm of the supernatural. JKC curse anyone?

i got my master's degree at JMU back in the mid 90s....and my sister went there.....which is to say...I TOTALLY believe the STD thing...

my mom graduated from radford in 1968....i have friends that went there...lets just say it had a reputation for "higher" learning :silly:

glad it served you well, sir :cheers:

The team needs to drop the microwave oven mentality and realize that drafted players are just as marketable as high dollar free agents. And it's less expensive if you do it well. In addition to that it makes for better cohesion because players will stick around longer.

Amen to that mate, Amen to that.:cheers:

i got my master's degree at JMU back in the mid 90s....and my sister went there.....which is to say...I TOTALLY believe the STD thing...

my mom graduated from radford in 1968....i have friends that went there...lets just say it had a reputation for "higher" learning :silly:

glad it served you well, sir :cheers:

Actually I really don't take that much offense I should have put in a (sarcastic) parathesis, but I didn't. But yeah RU gets that rep manly b/c its a dirty crappy town, I would have loved to gone to jmu always had a good time/hotter girls but it just didnt work out that way.

someone just like mike tomlin or sean payton. young risk takers that have that fire in them. if we fail with them, we fail with them, but id rather us fail trying something new than sticking with the failure we currently have and just hope that it turns around.

Hell, I'd even be happy with Al Saunders taking over. Or the Chin. Or Grimm. Peyton might be a good choice.

gibbs ran a fairy camp.
2 camps ago he ran a poosie camp and then said it was going to change. It didn't.
The players hated Marty. He was too tough and ran things like a boot camp.
That system seemed to produce a lot of wins.
Dan Snyder has to be the worst owner in the history of professional sports.
I was glad to see Norv go. I think firing Marty was a mistake, but if the fun-n-Gun could have been altered and successfully implemented in the NFL, DS would be seen as a genious. You are knocking him because he was trying to win as soon as possible. I think he has learned a little over time. You cannot blame Snyder for anything but signing checks since JG has been here.
It's all about quick fixes and spending money. After this season, the Redskins will persue more over-priced, under-achieving random free-agents in a lame attempt that something good might happen. Over-priced under-achieving starters with 3rd rate scrub backups. When one of these supertars gets injured everything falls apart.
I hope not, but if it happens, it will be on Gibbs.
The Turner years were, for me, days of near misses and of one or two plays a game going the wrong way and reminiscing, fondly, that that was the difference during Gibbs I; a play or two a game going the RIGHT way resulting in more wins.

Actually, Gibbs I dominated games with a balanced attack, built leads and sat on them with the Hogs and Riggo providing ball and field position control. Many people want LaVar back. I want the Hogs back.
In his defense however, we should cut Gibbs some slack, once he learns all the rules, the sky's the limit.

:laugh:

Archived