Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Worst mistake of Joe Gibb's coaching career?

footballhenry

It's a bad mistake, but it only cost us one game. God knows how many games we lost by Gibbs keeping Brunell in well past his time. I could go on and on about mistakes that Gibbs has made. This is his most overt mistake, but he's made many, many, many others (which he has refused to learn from) that continue to hurt this franchise in numerous ways. Can't wait for a new head coach.

Actually, Rocket Screen wasn't a bad call. That very same play worked for a 60 or so yard gain in the regular season matchup between the two teams that season and keyed the miracle 4th quarter Skins comeback.

The Raiders defensive coordinator deserves all the credit for telling his players to be aware for that play at the end of the half and sure enough it was called and the Raiders were waiting.

Gibbs got outcoached but I wouldn't compare it to the unforgivable mistake of not knowing the rules that he demonstrated on Sunday.

I agree with what others said, his biggest mistake has been at the quarterback position. First overspending and sticking with a washed up has been at QB and then poorly preparing Campbell to take over the job.

Archived