Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

10 players vs. 2 timeouts...what's the bigger story?

RedskinNutt

From Peter King's piece:

"You have probably heard Washington's two big headlines from Sunday by now.

In an attempt to fire up his unit, assistant head coach in charge of defense Gregg Williams told his players on Saturday night they would play the Bills' first offensive snap with 10 players, as a tribute to the absent Taylor.

One problem: Williams neglected to tell Joe Gibbs, who, from all indications, did not know about it until the game began.

Then, of course, there was the matter of Gibbs calling two consecutive timeouts to ice Rian Lindell with four seconds to go. Problem is, that's against the rules. One timeout is OK. Two is illegal. A 15-yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct ensued. Instead of a 51-yard attempt with the Bills down 16-14, Lindell could now try from 36. Lindell had hit 16 straight field goals, and the shorter kick was a breeze."

Eh, sorry Pete, giving up a 22 yard run on the first play of the game and giving the kicker a chip shot because you can't remember the rules might be a little apples/oranges action.

Williams did the perfect move, whether or not he told Gibbs is so besides the point, it's in another hemisphere.

And frankly, if two skins didn't miss chances to tackle Jackson near the line, it would've been a great tribute.

Well, to me everyone missed the headlines

"Miniature receivers once again cost the Redskins in the red zone"

"Redskins fail to score touchdowns again after multiple trips inside the ten"

"One TD in three first half trips into the red zone would have been enough to make the other headlines disappear"

"WE NEED A BIG RECEIVER"

But then again, what the hell do I know.

~Bang

"One TD in three first half trips into the red zone would have been enough to make the other headlines disappear"

"WE NEED A BIG RECEIVER"

~Bang

Im gona go ahead and agree. If we could score touchdowns in the redzone at all, we'd be at least 8-4, if not better.

"WE NEED A BIG RECEIVER"

~Bang

We got one:

Anthony "Jump-ball" Mix

Yet we didn't use him in the redzone :(

Me and a few guys kept saying why isn't he outthere on goal situations..... how hard is it to run a fade pattern or have Jason throw a high pass and have Mix jump for it?

I want "Jump-ball" outthere.

Archived