Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor deserved better than this. (merged)

Brave New World

I agree.

The best tribute would have been inspired play.....

Instead we got poor performances from the head coach, offensive coordinator, the offensive line, and whoever called that second timeout.

Only the defense paid tribute to Sean.

Pathetic!

You guys haven't learned anything this week, have you?

We lost a football game. Big ****ing deal. Get over it.

Get away from your computers and go live your real lives, man up, and stop crying like a bunch of babies. If Sean Taylor were here, he'd help you understand whats really important in life.

Get a grip and wake up.

sorry Tar...I disagree in one respect. yea...in the grand scheme of things its meaningless....there are more fundamental principles in play. but...once the immediate anger passes....it' still our team. we can see some of the things that need to get fixed. nothing wrong with some short term grousing so long as the bigger picture you point to is kept in mind. it's part & parcell of what made many care/connect with ST in the first place!

this too shall pass..

we don't want the games to be entirely meaningless. we should still care.

You guys haven't learned anything this week, have you?

We lost a football game. Big ****ing deal. Get over it.

Get away from your computers and go live your real lives, man up, and stop crying like a bunch of babies. If Sean Taylor were here, he'd help you understand whats really important in life.

Get a grip and wake up.

It means a lot to have you here to join in this sad chorus. Thank you.

These guys have a funeral to go to tomorrow. Nothing could be more important to them.

How can we support them all week and turn on them just because of a game?

The hell it does. PLAYING FOOTBALL IS THERE ****ING JOB. Its why they live in DC. Its what the Skins are, a football team. Stop with this depressing bull**** damnit and see that the coaches ****ed every fan today with this pathetic effort they put forth. Its a game yes, but right now Redskins nation needed a damn pick me up after last week and the coaches blew it. Fire them all now.

You lose someone close to you and then go coach an NFL football team.

See how easy it is.

I see where you are coming from but nothing can change what happened out there today.

Guest sith lord
I don't know about disgrace but they played VERY uninspired football. Could you honestly give a crap about football after the week they had? I certainly didn't and couldn't. I don't blame them.

The Giants lost their owner a couple of years ago and wiped the floor with our backsides.

Let me ask you a simple ****ing question. Do you think we should ever play another football game again? I mean obviously Sean Taylors not here so why should we go out and ever play again? Get your stinking head out of your ass and take your depressed sorry attitutde and shove it. Realize that the Redskins were here before Taylor and it will be here after Taylor and that the jobs of the coaches today was to rally the troops and fight for Sean in his memory. Instead they took your depressed attitutude and said **** it who cares, no of this matters and pissed on a chance to help heal redskins nation. **** the coaches, I want them all fired. If NFL doesn't matter to anyone then get the **** off this forum and stop watching. I'm pissed off. Sean wouldn't come back today if we won but he would have been ****ing proud of the team if they had and thats why its important damnit

I have no problem with someone going off about another horrible loss. None. Thats not what this thread is about - its titled 'Sean Taylor deserved better than this'. This loss says nothing about how the team did or didn't feel about a fellow teammate. If you don't get that, you just aren't paying attention.

I'm not depressed. I'm focused on whats important in my life. And its not a football team. You need to look at your priorities my friend.

Guest Rafterman
Are you kidding me???? How many times are we going to keep throwing up excuses for this time now? How many times.

Yes I could give a crap. Especially if someones DAD came to me after losing his son and said WIN FOR HIM..

:applause:

I have no problem with someone going off about another horrible loss. None. Thats not what this thread is about - its titled 'Sean Taylor deserved better than this'. This loss says nothing about how the team did or didn't feel about a fellow teammate. If you don't get that, you just aren't paying attention.

I'm not depressed. I'm focused on whats important in my life. And its not a football team. You need to look at your priorities my friend.

got it! good answer.

Let me ask you a simple ****ing question. Do you think we should ever play another football game again? I mean obviously Sean Taylors not here so why should we go out and ever play again? Get your stinking head out of your ass and take your depressed sorry attitutde and shove it. Realize that the Redskins were here before Taylor and it will be here after Taylor and that the jobs of the coaches today was to rally the troops and fight for Sean in his memory. Instead they took your depressed attitutude and said **** it who cares, no of this matters and pissed on a chance to help heal redskins nation. **** the coaches, I want them all fired. If NFL doesn't matter to anyone then get the **** off this forum and stop watching. I'm pissed off. Sean wouldn't come back today if we won but he would have been ****ing proud of the team if they had and thats why its important damnit

I know Sean was proud that the team came out after what they have been through. They could have easily been blown out after the week they have had.

I agree.

The best tribute would have been inspired play.....

Instead we got poor performances from the head coach, offensive coordinator, the offensive line, and whoever called that second timeout.

Only the defense paid tribute to Sean.

Pathetic!

What about Campbell, do you think he had a good game? Edeards did what he had to do to win the game. Campbell did not!

sorry Tar...I disagree in one respect. yea...in the grand scheme of things its meaningless....there are more fundamental principles in play. but...once the immediate anger passes....it' still our team. we can see some of the things that need to get fixed. nothing wrong with some short term grousing so long as the bigger picture you point to is kept in mind. it's part & parcell of what made many care/connect with ST in the first place!

this too shall pass..

we don't want the games to be entirely meaningless. we should still care.

Of course the games have meaning - but its a matter of degree - as are all things in life. The Redskins are an important part of our life. We wanted an emotionally uplifting and triumphant moment from our guys today. They just couldn't deliver it.

If we can't forgive them that - honestly, I just don't know how we can ever cheer them again.

They are human. I forgive them and support them. I just don't get the anger and gutting of fellow humans I see in this thread. And I know you're not one of them - I respect your thoughts.

this team is still playing like it always have all year long. When you go into the red zone and don't produce touchdowns, you're subject to get it in the end. I was mad at Gibbs at first for the bad call but the bottom line is the skins only scored 16 points when it should have had at least 35 the way the dominated the game.

Guest sith lord
How the hell could you say that?

For this team to even get out there and give it a shot shows heart.

Get outta here.

Oh please. If this was any other team, Buffalo would have been blown out.

I don't know about disgrace but they played VERY uninspired football. Could you honestly give a crap about football after the week they had? I certainly didn't and couldn't. I don't blame them.

your kidding me right?

pedro told the team if you wanna honor sean, you win the next 5 games. we couldnt even win the 1st of the 5 games, and we were home. we are just not good

Agreed. Ive never found myself so disinterested in watching a game. Obviously I was upset at the loss especially the way it happened, another blown second half lead and another awful coaching move with the timeout, but I've never not cared. Had we won, I really wouldn't have cared. it's just not the same knowing that Sean is gone and will never be back

Totally agreed. I had the same feelings while watching the game. I was sure we'd at least get this one, but alas....

The loss sucks. The best part was putting it on pause and playing with my 4 yr old daughter in the sandbox out back. Then jumping around on the air mattress,etc.

Just goes to show that the important things are not the parity stricken NFL wants or what the Giants, Eagles, Cowboys did. It's family. I love my little brother (Truant, who is out doing charitable events for ST right now). He told me to be strong, as that is what ST would do. It's your parents, siblings, kids, cousins, etc.

This season doesn't matter, so the game didn't matter. Yeah Coach made a mistake at the end, but I can't blame a guy or team for having a mental lapse during these circumstances. Would have been awesome to win for ST, but it simply was not meant to be. Let's continue moving forward. We said Gibbs was the perfect coach for this troubling time, and that we shouldn't fret over what the team did in games, so let's stick to what we said.

This team has done this kind of thing all year, they are just not quite polished enough yet. That said, I believe they will beat Chicago on Thursday.

War Sean Taylor.

See how easy it is.

Sure make more lame ass excuses for todays crapfest game. Remember that game we played in NY 2 years ago? We got our asses handed to us remember? The Giants had lost there owner that week and played inspired ball for his family. Our team on the other hand loses this ****ing game. I don't blame the players, its the coaches responsibilty to get them ready to play. In the NFL you do not just get to cancel or reschedule games. There aren't any days off. The Redskins were let down today by the coaches because they were not ready to play. We should have had another Detroit ass kicking contest. Instead we tossed our season away like nothing means anything. Fire the coaches.

See how easy it is.

I agree, what were the Redskins, before the ST incident? A average team that had no killer instinct, let much lesser teams hang around (jets, cards ...) with a slim chance to make the playoffs in a very weak NFC.

You throw in the shooting and death of a team leader and best player,what did you really expect? The Patriots? The team is still an average, or slightly below team that has serious issues. The ST death only magnifies the problems.

:logo:

RIP Sean you will be missed!

Tough week for the Skins...another tough loss for the Skins. I'm not surprised. Deep down inside, every Skins fan knew we were going to lose when they got within 2 points, so I braced myself early. Joe Gibbs is at the end of his 2nd stint. He's been absolutely pathetic this year and his penalty today really summed it up.

RIP #21 Wish the Redskins would have done something a little different today in your memory. I'm just over it. Go Chargers!!!

Sure make more lame ass excuses for todays crapfest game. Remember that game we played in NY 2 years ago? We got our asses handed to us remember? The Giants had lost there owner that week and played inspired ball for his family. Our team on the other hand loses this ****ing game. I don't blame the players, its the coaches responsibilty to get them ready to play. In the NFL you do not just get to cancel or reschedule games. There aren't any days off. The Redskins were let down today by the coaches because they were not ready to play. We should have had another Detroit ass kicking contest. Instead we tossed our season away like nothing means anything. Fire the coaches.

I'm not going to pretend I support Gibbs after calling two timeouts in a row. The entire NFL has got to be laughing at us for that stupidity.

I'm just saying that it's got to be hard. I understand that. I wanted them to win. I'm mad that they didn't. And I'm not making excuses. I'm just trying to put it into perspective.

The season has been tanked and now we look to next year. It's the cycle of being a Redskin fan. I didn't expect anything else this season.

The best way to move forward for this franchise is with a clean slate. It's time to start all over. No more sacred cows. There's a small core of good players and that's it. Everyone else - OUT!

Oh yea. That is such a logical thing to do. :rolleyes: :laugh:

Its a football game guys. Sean Taylor wasn't going to rise from the dead if we won. The season's over, and maybe thats as it should be.

Today's game meant nothing.

Lets try and think about the important things in life, like life itself, and try and keep a little perspective.

Sean or not, the tragedy or not, having to go to a funeral to bury a friend tomorrow or not, the redskins just got beat by a BAD team.

I don't believe that anyone is "turning" on the Redskins at all (Except for a select few who arn't fans anyway). We understand what they have to be going through, but a loss like this has no excuses. Playoffs on the line, at home, playing with big hearts, this game absolutely should have been ours.

Archived