Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor Memorial and Tribute on the Field

Piledriven

Is there a way that we could honor Sean Taylor by marking Fed Ex Field with certain things that will always honor Sean?

My idea is this... Most fields have a line that goes across at the 20 yard line...but instead of that white line at the 20-yard line, could we have a Burgundy and Gold line at the 21-yard line with the numbers "21" on both sides? That way Sean would ALWAYS be on the field with our Redskins, his memory would always be out there for our fans to see...

For example:

21yardgb8.jpg

Do you all get what I am saying??? This way he can ALWAYS be on the field with us everytime our Redskins step on the field. Its a reminder of a man that we all loved...and he will always be there... Paint our 21 yard line

If you all think this is a good idea...please keep this forum bumped and lets try to petition this to the team. I had a dream about this idea last night and I think its an incredible way to honor a great teammate, friend, father, and son...

This way, the WORLD can see our love for him each and every time that we play....

What do you all think...?

:helmet:

I like the idea of the name "SEAN" in one endzone, and "TAYLOR" in the other endzone foir this game...as well as the numbers "21" really big in the center of the field...for this game...

This idea right here though is a way that we can honor Sean forever...if we can have the field painted on the 21-yard lines, then we could leave it painted on there forever...to honor our fallen hero, our fallen friend....

...Anyone else have comments on this?

"This is OUR home field...not the NFL's field..."

I don't know for sure but I think this may only be correct to a point. While it may be "our" field, I think the NFL is the over-riding authority for how the field is presented. At the very least for competitive purposes but I'm not sure if for aesthetics.

not trying to be a downer on your idea but I highly doubt that they would want to set the precedent and thinking about it long term, I can't say I'd disagree with them.

"This is OUR home field...not the NFL's field..."

I don't know for sure but I think this may only be correct to a point. While it may be "our" field, I think the NFL is the over-riding authority for how the field is presented. At the very least for competitive purposes but I'm not sure if for aesthetics.

not trying to be a downer on your idea but I highly doubt that they would want to set the precedent and thinking about it long term, I can't say I'd disagree with them.

I do not see how they can set precident over how WE present OUR FIELD... As long as the field is marked according to the rule book, then I do not see how they can tell us that we cannot paint our 21-yard lines as well... They have to know that its a memorial to honor a fallen teammate...

And honestly, I would think that this would be something that would make our home stadium unique...

for example, I could the the announcers now:

"...and the Redskins have just moved the ball up to their 21-yard line in honor of Sean Taylor... Looks like Number 21 will be with them here on out on this drive!"

It would be great....and its a great way to honor this man!

I like the idea of the name "SEAN" in one endzone, and "TAYLOR" in the other endzone foir this game...as well as the numbers "21" really big in the center of the field...for this game...

This idea right here though is a way that we can honor Sean forever...if we can have the field painted on the 21-yard lines, then we could leave it painted on there forever...to honor our fallen hero, our fallen friend....

...Anyone else have comments on this?

Great idea, or even just the number 21 in each endzone and each time we score a touchdown, the players can go and kneel in front of the number. It would be a fitting tribute.

I do not see how they can set precident over how WE present OUR FIELD... As long as the field is marked according to the rule book, then I do not see how they can tell us that we cannot paint our 21-yard lines as well... They have to know that its a memorial to honor a fallen teammate...

again, I don't think it's "our" field per se. It may be our stadium, but I think the field itself falls under the umbrella of the league.

and the precedent would be set that any team could present it's field in any manner it saw fit. and that could have both good and bad ramifications.

Archived