Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

comment in Miami Herald article troubles me.

Robbnva

Also I want to know why an alarm did not go off? Did they some how shut of the alram when the cut off the phone lines. Was the alarm not set that night for some reason? Also who knew he was down in Miami?

if you're a pro, you can disable the alarm and cut the phone line to prevent a signal alerting the alarm company.

The intruder got in once already and saw that the house was vacant. He also knew there was a safe in the bedroom.- It's also been reported that the intruder "stormed in" . - If you're there for the purpose of taking someone out, aren't you going to at least try to be quiet, and aren't you going to do more than shoot someone in the leg?

It looks to be a burglar who was caught off guard by Sean being there. I don't know why people feel the need to conspiracy it up.

If the police thought there was even a 10% chance that the GF did it, I don't think she would have had access to his hospital room during the night.

I consider myself pretty calm under pressure, but I have no idea what I would have done knowing there was someone in the house with a gun, who had just shot someone else, and I'm the sole protector of my baby. Its very possible that the cell phone was in another part of the house and she was afraid to go get it with the baby. How would she know that the murderer had left?

I've all but eliminated the GF as a suspect. But I still think it was someone close to Sean.

Well from what Sharpstein reported today on ESPN, it doesn't seem that the shooting was intentional, in that the intruder didn't come specifically to inflict harm on Sean. It seems that it was a robbery gone awry. According to Jackie Garcia, they heard the noise, Sean locked the bedroom door, retrieved a weapon, then the door was burst open and the shots were fired, while Jackie stayed under the covers. When she came out, she tried the house phone (the lines were NOT cut) then tried the cell phone. Sharpstein said the time between using the land line and the cell phone was basically irrelevant.

If this was a pre-determined murder, you can bet your ass that person would have fired more than two rounds, and with better accuracy.

You can watch the video on ESPN.com.

Well from what Sharpstein reported today on ESPN, it doesn't seem that the shooting was intentional, in that the intruder didn't come specifically to inflict harm on Sean. It seems that it was a robbery gone awry. According to Jackie Garcia, they heard the noise, Sean locked the bedroom door, retrieved a weapon, then the door was burst open and the shots were fired, while Jackie stayed under the covers. When she came out, she tried the house phone (the lines were NOT cut) then tried the cell phone. Sharpstein said the time between using the land line and the cell phone was basically irrelevant.

When someone is burglarizing a home that they believe to be vacant, do they keep their gun in a handy enough place to quickly draw it in time to shoot someone charging at them from a few feet away ?

When someone is burglarizing a home that they believe to be vacant, do they keep their gun in a handy enough place to quickly draw it in time to shoot someone charging at them from a few feet away ?

absolutely. No point in having it otherwise.

I was told by a friend with some knowledge about guns etc, that a low shot, like in the leg, could be the result of the shooter firing while backing up or firing behind him as he tried to get away. He missed with the first shot. Once he was hit he could get away.

My brother is an FBI agent and he has said the same thing about a domestic argument as one of the main focuses for detectives when events like this occur. There are a number of unanswered questions that need to be explored. No one is being accused of anything but there are too many unanswered questions with every eventuality needing to be explored at this point.

When you encounter a bedroom door that is locked, you might want to bring your weapon out. He may have expected the house to be vacant, but who expects a bedroom door to be locked if no one is home?

Also, we don't know what went down in the altercation between Sean and the assailant. Was Sean right in front of the bedroom door, or was he in the opposite corner of the room?

Futher, we don't know if the assailant was alone or not.

My friend is a homicide detective...and he says look no further at the obvious...the girlfriend has got to be #1 suspect...who in the right mind would break into a house in Miami not knowing who is in the house or what weapons the people in the house have...unless you have an inside source...they already said the neighborhood is very safe and the majority of people in Miami own weapons or some type of protection.

"who in the right mind would break into a house in Miami not knowing who is in the house or what weapons the people in the house have...unless you have an inside source"

So he's convinced there's no house burgularies in Miami unless there's a inside source. Sorry Fella not buying it or the girlfriend BLAB...He must be a rookie..... RIP Sean Taylor You wont be forgotten.....

My friend is a homicide detective...and he says look no further at the obvious...the girlfriend has got to be #1 suspect...who in the right mind would break into a house in Miami not knowing who is in the house or what weapons the people in the house have...unless you have an inside source...they already said the neighborhood is very safe and the majority of people in Miami own weapons or some type of protection.

I agree.:mad: :(

If it took 15 minutes for the girlfriend to call 911 how come a call from the neighbors didn't come first? Surely they would've heard two gunshots? I was wondering about the sound of the gun shots yesterday when it was said that Sean's daugther slept through the entire ordeal and it makes me wonder if the gun was fitted with a silencer or something like that. Not that it really matters but it would make the story a little bit different.

Guest Spearfeather

If this was a pre-determined murder, you can bet your ass that person would have fired more than two rounds, and with better accuracy.

If the house phone line was NOT cut, then why go for the cell phone?

Maybe a phone was taken off the hook, maybe she was panic-stricken and didn't realize there was no dialtone... maybe, maybe, maybe.

There can be a lot of theories.

In the meantime, I would take a minute to read something like this which does address some of these questions-

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2007/11/28/DI2007112800743.html

- and wait for more facts.

Maybe a phone was taken off the hook, maybe she was panic-stricken and didn't realize there was no dialtone... maybe, maybe, maybe.

There can be a lot of theories.

In the meantime, I would take a minute to read something like this which does address some of these questions-

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2007/11/28/DI2007112800743.html

- and wait for more facts.

Maybe they didn't have a land line, like a lot of people

I honestly think it has to do with a vendetta against Taylor's dad. This was a professional hit, no doubt about it...there are just too many things to call this 'random' ,which the police are saying....please :doh:, and I seriously doubt the gf would be this 'smart'...Sean was with her and they had a bright future ahead of them....although 15 minutes is a lonnng time. You see someone bleeding from being shot and most people's immediate reaction is to call 911.

ok let us ponder the scenario. man comes in shots, while you are under the covers. fearing for you and your childs life you remain under the covers until you are quite certain the perpatrator is gone. you peak out from under the covers and the person is gone and your significant other is laying in a pool of blood in the middle of the floor. (now remember, she said that the first contact with him, his eyes were already rolling back from bloodloss so that in itself says she stayed under the covers for a little bit of time)first reaction stop the bleeding, so you run to the bathroom and grab a towel and apply pressure while he goes unconscience. you then run to the phone in the bedroom and it is not working. you then realize that your cell is by the front door. now you must make sure that the attacker is still not in the house. you cautiously move throughout the house and get to the cellphone and dial 911. that scenario in itself could easily take 15 min if not more.

now do i believe it was his Miss Garcia. NO. do i believe it was someone from his past, Maybe. do i believe it was someone (bookie, deranged fan of another team)who would gain from Sean Taylor not playing football for a while, hince the leg shot and not a torso shot. Maybe. Do i believe this was random. HELL NO. any decent burgular will tell you, you get in and get out never to return again. I am no criminalogist but this is a crazy world we live in and anything is possible. as far as it being a deranged fan, this is another possiblity (see Dimebag Darrell Abbott from Pantera/ Damageplan or John Lennon).

All i know is we have lost one hell of a person and may the good lord above watch over his daughter and his family and friends in this time of need. HTTR.

Archived