Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dan Patrick on Sportstalk 980 Right Now.. (Merged)

Fan4life

He's talking about how the media should not jump to conclusions. He also called out Michael Wilbon on his article. He's talking about how Sean Taylor was in the right place at the wrong time. In his house with his gf and daughter sleeping. Listen now. Upper right hand corner at the following link:

http://www.sportstalk980.com/cc-common/podcast/single_podcast.html?podcast=JohnThompson.xml

Since he's not connected to ESPN anymore he can say it like it is. Before, he might not have been so candid. At least we're seeing the real Dan Patrick. I applaud you!

I think someone like Scott Van Pelt, who grew up a Redskin fan, would probably call out Wilbon as well, but since he works for ESPN, he is restrained.

Dan Patrick is REALLY KILLING it right now.

He's making all the points SOME of us have been making.

"When Paul Pierce got stabbed, what did you think? Oh what's he doing at nightclub?"

Is that fair? Damn right it ain't.

Just notice all the athletes he named are black men. And Patrick at least admitted that he thought the same thing about them that he did about Taylor.

What this all brings to mind to me is that there are plenty of people more than willing to make assumptions about someone because they're young and black. Is it based on the fact we've seen these assumptions verified? Certainly, that does happen.

But why has it now entered our mind that someone can't be targeted for who they are and that maybe you don't hear about anyone doing the same to Tom Brady or the like because these same criminals are deathly afraid the police will come down MUCH harder on them for that than for robbing/killing a black athlete. Plus, these same criminals may have enough tangential connection to the black athletes that they can gain intelligence on their movements and figure out places they might be, whereas white athletes simply aren't often in that milieu or have any shared background or associations.

Doesn't make the black athlete less of a victim.

When Asian gangs home invade Asian families, I really hope people don't think the family deserves to get robbed or murdered simply because they come from the same community or ethnicity.

Since he's not connected to ESPN anymore he can say it like it is. Before, he might not have been so candid. At least we're seeing the real Dan Patrick. I applaud you!

Patrick's not with ESPN anymore? Didn't know that.

Shows you what getting NFL on Sirius will do!

I've disliked him for a long time - quit listening years ago. He and Olbermann's love fests gave me the dry heaves. I do give him props for this, though.

Dan Patrick is REALLY KILLING it right now.

He's making all the points SOME of us have been making.

"When Paul Pierce got stabbed, what did you think? Oh what's he doing at nightclub?"

Is that fair? Damn right it ain't.

Just notice all the athletes he named are black men. And Patrick at least admitted that he thought the same thing about them that he did about Taylor.

What this all brings to mind to me is that there are plenty of people more than willing to make assumptions about someone because they're young and black. Is it based on the fact we've seen these assumptions verified? Certainly, that does happen.

But why has it now entered our mind that someone can't be targeted for who they are and that maybe you don't hear about anyone doing the same to Tom Brady or the like because these same criminals are deathly afraid the police will come down MUCH harder on them for that than for robbing/killing a black athlete. Plus, these same criminals may have enough tangential connection to the black athletes that they can gain intelligence on their movements and figure out places they might be, whereas white athletes simply aren't often in that milieu or have any shared background or associations.

Doesn't make the black athlete less of a victim.

When Asian gangs home invade Asian families, I really hope people don't think the family deserves to get robbed or murdered simply because they come from the same community or ethnicity.

yeah, i'm glad you were honest enough to make that point.

yeah, i'm glad you were honest enough to make that point.

On these issues, I've never shied away from observations of that sort, no matter who is offended.

I'm glad Dan Patrick was honest enough to admit what he felt in those other circumstances.

It just adds legitimacy to our points.

Archived