Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FedEX Field Draft Day Party 2004

mcees4life

That memory will stick out the most to me. I just remember being there and when it came time for the Skins to pick fifth, the debate was between Kellen Winslow, JR. and Sean Taylor. When Taglibue announced that the Skins are "now on the clock", all of the fans (including myself) at FedEX chanted in unison: "SEAN TAY-LOR...SEAN TAY-LOR...SEAN TAY-LOR!!!!!!

And the loud roar from FedEX when it was announced that we drafted him.

And then Gibbs flies into FedEX by helicopter, gets on that stage at the 25 yard line, and formally announces to all that we drafted Sean Taylor. Another loud roar errupts from the fans and then immediately followed was this:

"WE WANT DALLAS.....WE WANT DALLAS....WE WANT DALLAS....WE WANT DALLAS....WE WANT DALLAS!!!!"

I will never forget that day. R.I.P. #21 You were loved.

Draft Day 04 was awesome. I was on the club level when the announcement was made that we'd taken ST and I jumped for joy that we didn't take Kellen "I'm a soldier" Winslow. The analysts were saying that ST was to be the next Ronnie Lott.

It was truly a special moment when Joe Gibbs arrived and I got to see him for the first time since 1992. To hear those audio clips of "we want Dallas" from that day brings a chill to my spine as I flashback to being there.

That memory will stick out the most to me. I just remember being there and when it came time for the Skins to pick fifth, the debate was between Kellen Winslow, JR. and Sean Taylor. When Taglibue announced that the Skins are "now on the clock", all of the fans (including myself) at FedEX chanted in unison: "SEAN TAY-LOR...SEAN TAY-LOR...SEAN TAY-LOR!!!!!!

And the loud roar from FedEX when it was announced that we drafted him.

And then Gibbs flies into FedEX by helicopter, gets on that stage at the 25 yard line, and formally announces to all that we drafted Sean Taylor. Another loud roar errupts from the fans and then immediately followed was this:

"WE WANT DALLAS.....WE WANT DALLAS....WE WANT DALLAS....WE WANT DALLAS....WE WANT DALLAS!!!!"

I will never forget that day. R.I.P. #21 You were loved.

You know I think they should add this on to the top ten plays to be mentioned before they release the actual #1 voted one :/

that day really was Day 1 of the new generation of Washington Redskins. that was the first day really, since the glory years, that losing would no longer be tolerated. and though the following seasons have not always been what we had hoped, atl east we expect excellence. we expect a competitive, talented, well-coached football team. cant say that was always the case through some of the spurrior/norv years.

and sean taylor was the start of that. he was the one who we would build around and who would strike fear into opponents. and, as i said in another thread, the number of franchise-altering memories he has provided us with in just 3.5 years is unbelievable. all that is being said about the off-the-field aspect of this is certainly appropriate. that is what;s important. but it cant be discounted that this man was a legendary redskin even before this tragic event.

tgijef

I was there as well. In the room with the 3 Lombardi trophies. I wanted Taylor, the people near me wanted Winslow. I remember staring at the trophies thinking we better get someone special to get us another one of those. We took Taylor I let out a huge cheer and the guy behind me says "We made a huge mistake". I said no way you watch. Too bad we'll never get to see Sean get a Super Bowl trophy, real sad

Archived