Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A request to the 12th Man (Sunday dec. 2)

Walking Deadman

Hello,

In the past I've done 12th Man threads to "fire-up" those ESers going to the game.

Frankly, this game means nothing Sunday after what happened to Sean.

Last year and 2005 there was a opening line at FedEx about 53 players, a #of coaches and 92,000 fans= 1 family.

Yep, we've been in bad times for awhile as a football franchise and as a fan base;but I'm asking that on Sunday we put the frustration on the back-burner for 1 week and come together as a family.

I don't know any of the players personally. Some of them I never even met. But I cheer for them, I've kind of been allowed into their lives somewhat and frankly I kind of consider the Redskins part of my extended family (good times and bad). So please, I'm asking a favor, actually I'm begging here- please show up on Sunday and support the players of this team. Show them you care. Let them hear your voice. Please.

Let's be a family again for one week.

Thanks and sorry if this overly sappy :) .

-WD

Its too early for me to think about how I'll be feeling on Sunday. At this moment, with Sean clinging to life, its hard to fathom going out to FedEx with much enthusiasm. But I do think come Sunday Redskins Nation will respond, and give the team the support it can in this trying circumstance.

We still don't know the extent of the permanent damage to Sean, or even if he'll pull out of it...

...that being said...

Many of us have lost a loved one (I'm not saying I expect Sean won't pull out of it)...but like I said, many of us have lost loved ones, and although we grieve in various ways, we DO have to pick up the pieces of our life and move forward. By doing this we honor the memory of those who have passed on.

In this case, God Willing, he pulls through...but if the unthinkable happens, we WILL move forward, and in HIS honor.

Maybe we'll win...maybe we'll lose...but our efforts as players, coaches and fans will be 150%...as they should.

Archived