Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jerome Bettis picks the Skins to win the last wildcard spot

mcees4life

Wow.

I understand picking the Skins on this board makes you look like a "homer" and apparently rooting for your team is seen as a negative, but have you guys been watching the REDSKINS at all? The only time we haven't beaten ourselves was against the Patriots. We have suffered huge injuries throughout the season and have played very inconsistent, yet we are always there in the end and are putting ourselves in positions to win. Will we make the playoffs if we continue to shoot ourselves in the foot? Of course not. If we can get our key players back (Taylor, Sellers, Thomas) and play the type of game we're capable of, we have the talent that can beat *anyone* in the league. Saying "we're done" might help you deal with the losses, but hopefully you don't honestly feel that way. The NFC is wide open to get into the playoffs. All the teams are up and down.

Here's to the last few weeks...and a winning streak. :cheers:

I keep reading "we beat ourselves" for all of our losses like thats not a bad thing.

The Arizona Cardinals have made a habit of beating themselves every season. Do we want to be the Cardinals?

Its either penalties, dropped passes, poorly thrown passes, bad play calling, turnovers...but its always something.

What good is a drive if it ends with no points, due to one of the above? I'm all for optomism and hope but c'mon guys.

I keep reading "we beat ourselves" for all of our losses like thats not a bad thing.

Of course it's a bad thing. It's a very bad thing and leads to us being 5-6 and almost out of the playoffs. That doesn't mean we're a bad team or our season is over. We've played with every team this season except the Patriots. The coaching staff and team KNOW what it takes to win these games. It all comes down to execution. Can this team overcome the injuries....the mental errors...the blown leads....and play consistently good football? I think they can. And as a huge FAN of this team, I'm rooting my "guts out" for them.

I can't see it. Too many teams are at 5-6 now, just off the top of my head I know Arizona, New Orleans, Chicago, Minnesota, Philly, and the Skins are at 5-6. We have the tiebreaker over the Cards, and as of now the Eagles. We play the Bears and Vikes. I don't know the tiebreaker situation with the Saints.

The bottom line is we came into this week knowing we controlled our own destiny and played some of our sloppiest football of the season. I don't see how anyone can expect this team to go 4-1 or certainly not 5-0 to end the season, which it what it would likely take to get in.

Who cares that someone picked them. When they don't pick the Redskins to win some of you get angry (even though their picks are always justified by the actual games) yet when they pick them to win something the same people get happy. That crap means nothing. They still have to go out there and execute.

Archived