Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The List - Good and Bad

Neophyte

Things I liked today:

1. Amazing Defense - These guys just blew my mind with forcing those FG tries after the Offense turned the ball over inside the 20. I don't think they could have done much better. If not for them, this game would have been over before halftime.

2. Caldwell and McCardell - Way for these two guys to step up with ARE out and Moss less then 100%.

3. Cooley - What else can you say about this guy?

4. Jason Campbell - I know he turned the ball over 3 times and I know that last INT was a heart breaker (just like last week) but he never checked out of a game that he did not start well. In all honesty, I did not expect much more out of him the second half then we got the first half but he sure showed me.

5. Going for it on 4th - Thank you Joe! I was frustrated with the 4th down calls last week and said several times I would rather lose going for it on 4th then lose kicking FGs. I am happier losing 19-13 today and having gone for it on 4th inside the 5 than I would have been if we had lost 19-16. Yeah, I know we would have had a chance to tie it up at the end if we had kicked it but realistically I also know we would have still been playing for the win with the time on the clock so the INT would likely have still happened.

6. 2nd Half Offense - I know there will be some ragging on the Offense this week after the turnovers and their should be. I will do some myself in just a minute. However, you have to like that we hung more yards on the TB D in the second half than they are averaging in a game. These guys are really playing lights out D this year and we really rolled them up. I am frustrated by losing now but I really do see hope for the future with this team.

Now...Things I did not like about today:

1. Turnovers - It has been said before and it will be said again, you can't give the ball up like we did today and expect to win. The fact that we were still in it at all amazes me. The INTs don't hurt me as much as the fumbles do. I expect a few of those with Campbell only have started 18 games or so. The fumbles though... those just have to stop.

Odd...but that is all I have for things I did not like. Turnovers have been the story in 3 of our loses this year. If we clean those up we are a contender. If we had limited those, I think it is a safe bet that we beat both GB and TB and likely even the Cowboys last week. When this team plays a smart game and limits the turnovers it can play with any team in the league except Indy and NE.

The good - I'm able to concentrate fully on tailgating the rest of the season.

The bad - The Redskins are officially a "Prick Tease".......I officially will claim a case of "blue huevos" this season....they take me right up to the end and then leave me w/ nothing.....

Gettin' old. Something is fundamentally wrong.

Things I liked today:

Odd...but that is all I have for things I did not like. Turnovers have been the story in 3 of our loses this year. If we clean those up we are a contender. If we had limited those, I think it is a safe bet that we beat both GB and TB and likely even the Cowboys last week. When this team plays a smart game and limits the turnovers it can play with any team in the league except Indy and NE.

"If's" I hate "If's" We've been getting "If's" since 1991. I hate it. I hate being dejected like this.

One question...Randle el out...and Skins use 37 yr old McCardell to return punts when Santana Moss making $4 million plus and 11 yrs younger sitting on the sidelines...things that make no sense!!!!!!

I questioned this as well but my guess is that the thinking is that Moss is already not 100% so why risk him on punt returns?

I questioned this as well but my guess is that the thinking is that Moss is already not 100% so why risk him on punt returns?

Yeah, Moss hardly has the burst to make big plays on PRs at the moment, you're risking him getting hurt even more, and he's not held on to the ball real well lately.

I don't think Keenan was back there because they thought he could make big returns. I think he was back there because he at least wasn't likely to fumble it.

Archived