Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It looks to me like the players have stopped playing for Gibbs

voicekiller

So to be a Redskin fan we have to all sing koom bya as Gibbs gets outcoached every week? We have to be Redskin fans without opinion? :laugh: Listen if you want to think Gibbs is still the answer and believe that this team is a good team, fine but there are plenty of other people me included that can see the forrest for the trees. This team won't win another game this year and Gibbs needs to get fired period, yes I am greatful for all the things he once did for this organization but this current tenure, Joe Gibbs is like a dull knife he isn't cutting.

he praised Mix all week and in the redzone a 6'5 WR with a relationship to Campbell doesn't get in. How retarded can Gibbs and this team be until it's clear to all that this team will not get any better until Gibbs is GONE!!:point2sky

****in A.

I don't think so...I think at halftime, they made some serious adjustments and they had a real chance to win this game. Were it not for two errant passes, then we quite possibly could have won this one...For the first time in the Gibbs II Era, I believe that Gibbs actually has a good handle on the team (since the loss at Philthy, actually...)

I don't think so...I think at halftime, they made some serious adjustments and they had a real chance to win this game. Were it not for two errant passes, then we quite possibly could have won this one...For the first time in the Gibbs II Era, I believe that Gibbs actually has a good handle on the team (since the loss at Philthy, actually...)

I agree...it just looked like that in the first half...but the adjustments made changed my mind

Guest Rafterman
nah. its not that they have stopped playing for Gibbs, it just that they arent that good. it aint that hard to understand. these redskins that we have right now have done nothing in the NFL. You make it sound like these redskins are great and somehow have stopped playing for gibbs. AHAHAHAHAHA most of redskins are mediocre , mediocre players that Gibbs brought in. mediocre players, along with Gibbs/saunders/williams horrendous coaching and play calls, you get the redskins.

That sums it up beautifully.

It just seems like the coach has lost this team...i am not saying either way if Gibbs should go or not but it just looks like these guys stopped playing for the Coach. Hopefully they turn it around in the 2nd half.

You are absolutely wrong on that point. The article that came out in the WP after the Philly loss totally put these types of arguments to rest. Say what you will about Gibbs, but the players respect him. They're loyal to him, and they beleive he can get the job done.

This argument is just cliched wishful thinking. It doesn't carry an ounce of weight.

Guest Rafterman
So to be a Redskin fan we have to all sing koom bya as Gibbs gets outcoached every week? We have to be Redskin fans without opinion? :laugh: Listen if you want to think Gibbs is still the answer and believe that this team is a good team, fine but there are plenty of other people me included that can see the forrest for the trees. This team won't win another game this year and Gibbs needs to get fired period, yes I am greatful for all the things he once did for this organization but this current tenure, Joe Gibbs is like a dull knife he isn't cutting.

he praised Mix all week and in the redzone a 6'5 WR with a relationship to Campbell doesn't get in. How retarded can Gibbs and this team be until it's clear to all that this team will not get any better until Gibbs is GONE!!:point2sky

AMEN :helmet:

Guest Rafterman
Joe Gibbs mind also has stopped working, he is now a pitiful shell of the coach he once was, he is totally out game planned, his skill players have fumble problems and he needs to go. PERIOD

Agreed.

But skill players?

I don't see any skill players.

You are absolutely wrong on that point. The article that came out in the WP after the Philly loss totally put these types of arguments to rest. Say what you will about Gibbs, but the players respect him. They're loyal to him, and they beleive he can get the job done.

This argument is just cliched wishful thinking. It doesn't carry an ounce of weight.

Well if you look at my other posts in the thread you would see i changed my tune...and the only reason i said it in the dirst place is in the first half this team looked like it had no heart and no fight...thankfully i was wrong

No, you have to be a respectable redskins fan. Every week its someone new to point the finger at, every week its Joe Gibbs fault, when usually it isnt, every week its time to get a new qb, running back, defensive back, towel boy, cheerleader, etc.

ESPN says this is how Philly fans should be, obviously they have never been to DC. You dont have to like Joe Gibbs, but make your reasons rational. Step your game up, rook

even though todays loss isnt on gibbs, i dont think any of the players care about gibbs really. you can tell all of them take shots at how he runs the team in a very subtle way, i think he tells them all how to act in front of the media like everything is gee golly great, and how everyones in it together. its like gibbs is the head zombie, and the players are the zombie workers, all spewing the same nonsense to the radio and media.

this team is bad, and something needs to change. but im sure some of you would love to watch gibbs and his team flounder around all game, come close to winning and fail week in and week out.

side note, i havent been this bitter about a loss in a long time, this week might have finally killed me for the rest of the season, although i really hope not. but i for one am extremely embarrassed to be a redskins fan right now. all this proud franchise nonsense has been completely demolished this season.

No, you have to be a respectable redskins fan. Every week its someone new to point the finger at, every week its Joe Gibbs fault, when usually it isnt, every week its time to get a new qb, running back, defensive back, towel boy, cheerleader, etc.

ESPN says this is how Philly fans should be, obviously they have never been to DC. You dont have to like Joe Gibbs, but make your reasons rational. Step your game up, rook

Every week the Redskins find a way to either blow a half time lead and lose, Every week Gibbs says the same thing, but the easy answer is this:

Gibbs wants and thinks smart players perform better than players that simply are ballers, this team is always coming out on the short end because of the players that Gibbs goes after, prime example Mark Brunell!

Your right I don't have to like Joe Gibbs I don't. I think the coach he once was versus the coach he is now aren't even in the same universe. My reasons are rational, we have mediocre players to match a mediocre Head Coach. This team and I use that term loosely sucks plain and simple. Joe Gibbs allows his pets to not practice and do what they want and then when they aren't productive excuses, prime example Clinton Portis! He doesn't practice all summer and look at his fumbles and his lack of production. I would prefer a stern hard ass coach to a grandfather type anyday. This team should be ashamed of itself and while I am very upset at JC for the 2 picks today, Moss had basically another GB game and Portis needs to do some serious soul searching, however making 50 million he won't.

So as you say to step my game up, why not send those sentiments to Gibbs, Portis, Moss. Because if anyone needs to step up it's those overrated under performing BUMBS! :2cents:

even though todays loss isnt on gibbs, i dont think any of the players care about gibbs really. you can tell all of them take shots at how he runs the team in a very subtle way, i think he tells them all how to act in front of the media like everything is gee golly great, and how everyones in it together. its like gibbs is the head zombie, and the players are the zombie workers, all spewing the same nonsense to the radio and media.

this team is bad, and something needs to change. but im sure some of you would love to watch gibbs and his team flounder around all game, come close to winning and fail week in and week out.

side note, i havent been this bitter about a loss in a long time, this week might have finally killed me for the rest of the season, although i really hope not. but i for one am extremely embarrassed to be a redskins fan right now. all this proud franchise nonsense has been completely demolished this season.

Dude, this proud BS has been gone since 1992......:2cents:

Archived