Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor's fill in...

SkinsNoles21

And with that I have to defend Doughty just a little bit (somebody has to :D)

He is a young player with zero experience starting at the position. He is mostly a teams player, so I would have to say that the matchup favored the more experienced TO. Come on, you have one rookie and one inexperienced player starting and you expect someone of TO's caliber (have to give credit where it's due, no matter how much I hate it) to not perform? Springs got victimized twice too in that game and he is an experienced CB. At least Doughty went back to see what he did wrong and what he could do to correct it, according to the article on Redskins.com.

Prioleau should be playing better - he used to be a starting safety. Hopefully that will change this week too.

Exactly why he has no business starting. I couldn't have put it better. Everybody goes back to see what they did wrong, that's why they have meetings. His watching the game at home means nothing. I would have liked to see Vernon Fox even. If he's the best we had last week it's time to raid some other teams' pratice squads. Hopefully he will actually play safety this week.

I wasn't sure and was trying to hurry so I just copied and pasted from another post. Thanks.

That wasn't aimed at you.

Re-read some of my posts and you'll see that it's just a huge pet peeve of mine on this board in general:

SELLARS

CAMBELL

RODGERS

They all make me cringe. No hard feelings. :cheers:

That wasn't aimed at you.

Re-read some of my posts and you'll see that it's just a huge pet peeve of mine on this board in general:

SELLARS

CAMBELL

RODGERS

They all make me cringe. No hard feelings. :cheers:

I don't excuse myself for something like that. I am something of a perfectionist, it bothers me.

When you play with young, inexperienced players, you are going to have days like this. That's why I find it funny when people lobby hard for a young player to play, but are unwilling to accept the fact that such players will make mistakes while learning.

Doughty actually had a pretty solid game, which surprised me. Yes, he had the PI penalty, but I saw him in a lot of tackles and seemed pretty good at avoiding blocks. Most of what is biting him in the ass right now is not being out there on a regular basis and he can be fooled. What he needs is the experience and the filmwork afterwards to learn and become a better player.

Jason

When you play with young, inexperienced players, you are going to have days like this. That's why I find it funny when people lobby hard for a young player to play, but are unwilling to accept the fact that such players will make mistakes while learning.

Doughty actually had a pretty solid game, which surprised me. Yes, he had the PI penalty, but I saw him in a lot of tackles and seemed pretty good at avoiding blocks. Most of what is biting him in the ass right now is not being out there on a regular basis and he can be fooled. What he needs is the experience and the filmwork afterwards to learn and become a better player.

Jason

Jason, I totally agree with your point about how we all ***** about the "poor" play of new players after whining to get them in. In almost every case I'd be right on your side.

However, eff this. I want my Taylor in. Taylor should be on this team for another 10-12 years, and Doughty will be long gone by then. I'm not interested in grooming Doughty because he literally should only be a backup. This is no disrespect to him, but it's like playing behind Michael Jordan for his entire career. I'm sure that Phil Jackson wasn't exactly planning to replace Jordan, was he?

Jason

This was actually my point only it was stated in a much better fashion :D

Thanks Jason!:applause:

OMG people, how about the fact is simple they play two TOTALLY different positions. Since ST has been here is has played 10X more FS than SS even when he had Ryan Clark here. Bottom line is fundamentals, from outside in. Corners dont give up outside releases, which makes the Safeties job that much harder, getting over the top and Safeties, take better angles, and ST still does not take the best angles.

However, eff this. I want my Taylor in. Taylor should be on this team for another 10-12 years, and Doughty will be long gone by then. I'm not interested in grooming Doughty because he literally should only be a backup. This is no disrespect to him, but it's like playing behind Michael Jordan for his entire career. I'm sure that Phil Jackson wasn't exactly planning to replace Jordan, was he?

That being said, players do get hurt in the NFL, and you do need guys behind the starters who can at least be able to hold down the fort if your starter goes down.

No, Doughty will never be the player Taylor is, but he can be a serviceable player who can hold down the position in a pinch.

Jason

So many coaches and scouts on here that think that they know how talented these players. You all think that this player and that player would do better here. Then you find out you were wrong the next week or the next year. Calling them beasts and we should have never let him go or we need to resign him we all go through this and I am just as much to blame. But Landry is a ROOKIE. He has to learn the NFL game and if he is that bad then why is he the first Rookie to start the season in a Gregg Williams defense? Sean Taylor didn't do that. Rocky McIntosh didn't either. So there must be talent there. If you think you are that good at evaluating talent and coaching then all you have to do is apply for the job and convince them you know it better than them. But everyone has their opinion and that is our right as US citizens.

Archived