Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A little respect from a COwboy fan

Passizle

Samuels is so underrated by his own fans. He's one of the best in the league.

Don't know why this is. People who act like Samuels isn't a top 3-5 tackle clearly don't watch NFL football. He's been dominant this season and it's not like we run a Gruden/Holmgren 3-step drop offense either. Campbell's pocket awareness is decent but hardly Manning-like so he's not doing his lineman any favors. If CS played in Indy or New England you'd see him go entire seasons without giving up a sack - like Jim Lachey used to.

IMO, the LT is the second most important position on the team after QB. Nothing can paralyze your offense like having a weak link at that spot. We've been pretty fortunate that we only had to play without solid blindside protection for about 3 years (95-98? Joe Patton, Shar Pourdanesh anyone?) during the last 20 years. But one day we're going to wake up and he's not going to be there. (We saw a sneak preview when Samuels was out in the preseason). Sad that only when he's gone will some of us see just how valuable he was.

Don't know why this is. People who act like Samuels isn't a top 3-5 tackle clearly don't watch NFL football. He's been dominant this season and it's not like we run a Gruden/Holmgren 3-step drop offense either. Campbell's pocket awareness is decent but hardly Manning-like so he's not doing his lineman any favors. If CS played in Indy or New England you'd see him go entire seasons without giving up a sack - like Jim Lachey used to.

IMO, the LT is the second most important position on the team after QB. Nothing can paralyze your offense like having a weak link at that spot. We've been pretty fortunate that we only had to play without solid blindside protection for about 3 years (95-98? Joe Patton, Shar Pourdanesh anyone?) during the last 20 years. But one day we're going to wake up and he's not going to be there. (We saw a sneak preview when Samuels was out in the preseason). Sad that only when he's gone will some of us see just how valuable he was.

agreed.

Strangely, Kendall is a good complement to Samuels, and seems a better fit than Dockery was. Samuels is an All-Pro, but Ware has incredible talent.

As for the Cowboys-Redskins rivalry, I think Dallas and Washington fans are starting to realize that these two talented teams are starting to match up, and could produce some great games for us fans. Dallas was the alpha-dog of the NFC and a heavy favorite, when a severely banged-up Redskin team went into Texas to play them. However, the contest was in doubt until the last moment.

That is registering on a lot of folks; especially as they know they can't expect 4 TDs out of Romo sits to pee/TO every week. Fans have to acknowledge the Skins D was effective against the Dallas running game, and our QB showed he could exploit the Cowboys pass defense.

In a strange way, I kind of like the civil tone this rivalry is taking since this game. It's muted, like both sides are kind of waiting to see how much things have changed from Dallas taking things for granted. I think Dallas realizes that despite media claims, Gibbs is building a competitive team to challenge them. Ahhh, life in the NFC-East.

...So, let's take care of the Giants, as well as those other teams -- and wait for payback against Dallas when they visit FedEx. I like our chances.

i live in memphis and i work with nothing but cowboys fans and i must say even though they gave me the required ribbing about winning they all said they were scared until the pick, and all have said nothing but good things about campbell this year. just wish had the integrity to do the same for Romo sits to pee but i just cant bring myself to give them an ounce of credit

Archived