Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it wrong to buy and Engagment ring from Wal-Mart?

PrimeTime

Just go look at lots of other places first. I was ammased at the different places and what is passed off. The rating systems vary greatly from store to store. If you go to a bunch of places, you start to get a feel for quality and price.

After that, go back to Walmart. If it seems like a good deal, buy it.

Just remember, diamonds and tanzanite are among the major sources of funds for Al-Quaeda operations in Africa. For all the crap we have to watch on how drugs are financing terrorism, noone has the balls to come out and mention how much of it comes from diamonds. And don't believe all that crap about certified from non Conflict sources. If it's an organic diamond, there's a good chance some villager got an arm hacked off for it...

they actually had this ad running a back about this woman who got everything she needed for her wedding at Wal-Mart. It was quite amusing to say the least when she goes on to say how she borrowed her dress from one of the women who worked there. I wonder if her dad bought his shotgun there too?

I don't know about WalMart jewelry per se, but a diamond is a diamond. The only thing is, you have to know what you're looking at when you pick it up so that you can make an apples to apples comparison in terms of price.

Generally speaking, you will get totally reamed in terms of quality or price or both if you buy at a retail jewelry store.

I bought my then fiancee's engagement ring from bluenile.com and had an absolutely excellent experience with them. I tried to beat their price for about two months and was unable to do so for a ring similar in quality and size.

In addition, they have an excellent explanation on the various ratings for cut, clarity, color etc. so that you can know what you're talking about before you buy. Take my word for it, this is a very important step.

While I was looking for my wife's ring, I remember looking at a freshly engaged co-worker's engagement ring a few years ago. She was so excited and very proud of the size of the stone. I took a look at it and immediately noticed flaws visible to the naked eye. I could never have said anything to her except that "it's beautiful" however, I would NEVER have bought a stone like that. It just screamed "Look at what a big ole diamond I bought yew".

Doing thorough research will help keep that from being you one day. Also, don't forget to secretly find out what she likes in terms of the setting. Try to make sure that you select something that matches her personality and lifestyle.

Good luck and congratulations!!!

Archived