Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Forget not Predictions in May 2007

unclejack8

Do we remember when? We have a young QB (just got 16 games under his belt) learning how to win in the NFL. A rookie strong safety (Landry has great potential) learning how to play safety in the NFL. Corner back (Rogers up and coming until injured after 2 shakey seasons) learning to play the toughest position in the NFL. Rookie Linebacker (Mcintosh) learning to play in the NFL. Senstational Tight End (Cooley) still learning his craft. Young All-Pro in Taylor still learning and becoming a beast and last but not least a coach who has managed this team from an undisciplined team to a winning record at the half way pointof this season.

My best guest in May was 10-6 for this team which was very high then and especially now after we lose the right side of the offensive line and I must admit I was angry as hell when I left FedEx Sunday losing to the hated Eagles whose fans just make you want to puke cause they sit there like little lambs and when they win they turn into complete idiots.

I'm an extremeskins fan without a doubt but lets keep it real, and back off of our coach. When you're not being extreme and the smoke clears and your heart starts pumping again, and you look at what this team really is we've got something special coming down the pike. Learning to win in the NFL doesn't happen overnight and I know the nay sayers will say look at this team and that team but stay focused on our team and you'll find we have some very good young inexperienced players. Coach Gibbs will let them play once he feels they can win like veterans he's always coached veteran players and you cannot say he does not build character, coach has done it time and time again (Remeber Rypien) and once he felt he was ready he let him go and we won the Super Bowl!!!!

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

young quarterback is not the problem.

Campbell threw 3 touchdowns on Sunday and the Redskins still lost the game by more than a touchdown.

coaches' mismanagement of the timeouts and game clock, innumerable penalties on offense and defense that alternately ended drives for us and continued them for the Eagles, the defense collapsing as it has far too often this season in the fourth quarter, etc.

it took the Redskins how many weeks to play McCardell and others at WR and put Moss on the inactive list despite his poor performances?

this team isn't getting better week by week. it is lurching from week to week with no consistency whatsoever and time is running out to get things right before the record of the club puts it out of the postseason picture altogether.

truthfully, this team has the look and feel right now of a 7-9 or at best 8-8 club.

anyone who insists on a better record than that is being optimistic because the body of work to get to 5-4 doesn't warrant it.

Do we remember when? We have a young QB (just got 16 games under his belt) learning how to win in the NFL. A rookie strong safety (Landry has great potential) learning how to play safety in the NFL. Corner back (Rogers up and coming until injured after 2 shakey seasons) learning to play the toughest position in the NFL. Rookie Linebacker (Mcintosh) learning to play in the NFL. Senstational Tight End (Cooley) still learning his craft. Young All-Pro in Taylor still learning and becoming a beast and last but not least a coach who has managed this team from an undisciplined team to a winning record at the half way pointof this season.

My best guest in May was 10-6 for this team which was very high then and especially now after we lose the right side of the offensive line and I must admit I was angry as hell when I left FedEx Sunday losing to the hated Eagles whose fans just make you want to puke cause they sit there like little lambs and when they win they turn into complete idiots.

I'm an extremeskins fan without a doubt but lets keep it real, and back off of our coach. When you're not being extreme and the smoke clears and your heart starts pumping again, and you look at what this team really is we've got something special coming down the pike. Learning to win in the NFL doesn't happen overnight and I know the nay sayers will say look at this team and that team but stay focused on our team and you'll find we have some very good young inexperienced players. Coach Gibbs will let them play once he feels they can win like veterans he's always coached veteran players and you cannot say he does not build character, coach has done it time and time again (Remeber Rypien) and once he felt he was ready he let him go and we won the Super Bowl!!!!

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

Here we go again........ More excuses..............

Oh they're inexperienced, they're learning, we're getting better..... No you're not!

And winning in the NFL does happen overnight! Frequently!

And btw, Sean Taylor has never been selected as an All-Pro...........

seriously the extra point ****ed over everything or that game would be 27-27 at the end

Probably not. The Eagles also went for 2 early in the second half of a 15-7 game, and then again went for 2 when they went ahead. They scored 4 TDs and we scored three TDs and 2 FGs.......I think they still would've been ahead 28-27 before the gimme TD at the end.

Probably not. The Eagles also went for 2 early in the second half of a 15-7 game, and then again went for 2 when they went ahead. They scored 4 TDs and we scored three TDs and 2 FGs.......I think they still would've been ahead 28-27 before the gimme TD at the end.

its because we went for 2.

it was 7-6

12-7

15-7

Im sorry, you are right to an extent,

What i meant is the game should have been 17-7 instead of 15-7

The problem has been consistency...We've been way too consistent when it comes to losing starters.

Jansen, Thomas, Moss for game, Smoot for a few games, Carlos for the year, Losing 3 offensive lineman in one game against the Packers, Randel El having to leave the Lions game, Rabach missing his first ever NFL game, Thrash is now likely gone for the year, Cartwright missed time, Sean Taylor is gone for 2 key games, Marcus Washington has missed most of the year...We're in bad shape in that department and it seems like we're losing a key player every single week. We're lucky to even be considered "still in it."

:applause: :applause: :applause: Well Said!!!

I know you were pissed at the game. But no more than your boy Ruku$. I actually went to the dream seats with about 2 minutes remaining in the game to watch the last drive of the skins. I left my seats after GW gave the eagles that TD late in the game. Once there I was about 2 rows from the field, As I watch them and JC throws it up to ARE, then watching McNabb kneeling to victory. I got HOT, then HOTTER!! So as the Skins are running off the field I start to yell profanity laced tirades as the players leave the field. However I did tell JC great game and to keep his head up. I asked gibbs " WHERE ARE YOUR BALLS, JOE" GO BACK TO NASCAR! Then start yelling " THIS TEAM IS A JOKE, A F*&^% ING JOKE!" "YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED" Honestly it made me feel better, for paying 6 bucks for a coke and $85 for the ticket. If felt like if they are going to play like that and just to give it up at the end...They deserved ever word!

Back to the point...After thinking about it I believe that Unkle Jack is correct in more ways then one! This team will get it right...We will get it right!!! Just gotta be patient! We better beat Dallas, I dont care if we aare 2-14, JUST BEAT DALLAS! PERIOD!!!

- Unkle Ruku$

The problem has been consistency...We've been way too consistent when it comes to losing starters.

Jansen, Thomas, Moss for game, Smoot for a few games, Carlos for the year, Losing 3 offensive lineman in one game against the Packers, Randel El having to leave the Lions game, Rabach missing his first ever NFL game, Thrash is now likely gone for the year, Cartwright missed time, Sean Taylor is gone for 2 key games, Marcus Washington has missed most of the year...We're in bad shape in that department and it seems like we're losing a key player every single week. We're lucky to even be considered "still in it."

Still more excuses..... :doh:

Oh they're inexperienced, they're learning, we're getting better..... No you're not!

He was the first alternate last year or did he just say " I want to play in the all-star game" ........idiot

Underachieving: When your team performs worse than they should.

It isn't about what we thought the Redskins would be a few months ago, its about where the Redskins SHOULD be right now.

We should:

- Not go to overtime with 0 - 9 Miami

- Not go to overtime with 1 - 8 NY Jets

- Not blow a 17 - 3 halftime lead to the NY Giants at HOME

- Never be losing by 52 points in a game

- Not blow a halftime lead to the Eagles at HOME

- Not allow players to pull themselves out of a game because they dropped a pass

- Play to win instead of playing not to lose

- Etc, Etc, Etc

There is so many things the Redskins should be doing but for whatever reasons, we're not... I think Joe Gibbs' conservatism has rubbed off on Williams and Saunders.

Well coming in to this season to be honest I did not know what to expect so , I guess where we are standing right now comes somewhat a little surprise to me.

I had no expectations coming in to this season because I didn't think they did enough in the off season to address the needs of the defense . Which is the biggest suprise of the season for the most part they have played way past my expectations. Most media people I think would have had us at about 2 or 3 wins around this time of the year.

Did anyone truly believe we had a Super Bowl champion in May? Just keeping it real!!

Coach Gibbs doesn't block, run or kick and he's made a few clock management errors but I was like everyone else mad as hell and sat back for a moment and decided I'm not getting a dime out of this and I need to bring my blood pressure back down. Realizing that we are a little better than I thought we would be. Who thought that Miami would be 0-9? Jets 1-8? Come on get real!!! THIS IS THE PARITY THE NFL ALWAYS WANTED and lets not forget the saints or carolina we could be there. Wake up!!!!

Underachieving: When your team performs worse than they should.

It isn't about what we thought the Redskins would be a few months ago, its about where the Redskins SHOULD be right now.

We should:

- Not go to overtime with 0 - 9 Miami

- Not go to overtime with 1 - 8 NY Jets

- Not blow a 17 - 3 halftime lead to the NY Giants at HOME

- Never be losing by 52 points in a game

- Not blow a halftime lead to the Eagles at HOME

- Not allow players to pull themselves out of a game because they dropped a pass

- Play to win instead of playing not to lose

- Etc, Etc, Etc

There is so many things the Redskins should be doing but for whatever reasons, we're not... I think Joe Gibbs' conservatism has rubbed off on Williams and Saunders.

You have no idea how right you are on all points!!! :applause: :applause:

Still more excuses..... :doh:

And what's you're excuse for trolling like a child? Mommy forgot to give you a binky this morning?

Archived