Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Half way point *MOCK*

portis&taylor

Redskins Draft First Round through Third.

Round 1. Quentin Groves, Auburn, Groves may not be a soild End prospect but he is a tremendous pass rusher, think Dwight Freeney but thinner and a little faster. He could get us a constant pass rush and depending on who a new head coach is Groves could be used in several different ways.

Height, 6'3

Weight, 251

40 time, 4.46

Round 2. Michael Oher, Ole Miss, Oher would be a perfect fight for our o-line. He can play multiple positions and is huge. Other than that he should be around in the second round here is a report on him from NFLDRAFTDOG.COM " 6' 6" 325 lbs.

Offensive Tackle

Ole Miss

Junior

Meet one of the best offensive line prospects in college football and soon to be one of the best in the NFL. As a freshman Michael Jerome Oher was a fantastic guard, he earned First Team Freshman All-American honors from Rivals.com and The Sporting News and Third Team honors from CollegeFootballNews.com. He was also named First Team Freshman All-SEC by the SEC Coaches and The Sporting News. Oher stared the last 10 games at right guard. It’s a pretty impressive feat to even start in the SEC as a true freshman. Oher became the first freshman starter on the offensive line at Ole Miss since 1997 when Terrance Metcalf started.

Last year as a sophomore (2006) he was converted to left tackle and didn’t miss a beat. He earned second team All-SEC honors and has accumulated 22 consecutive starts over the last two seasons, and last year he started every game at left tackle. Oher plays with a mean and the 6’ 6” 325 pound former basketball star has very quick feet. His powerful blocking helped running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis become only the third 1,000-yard runner in Ole Miss History and Green-Ellis recorded four 100-yard rushing games.

Coming out of high school Oher was rated as one of the top offensive linemen in the country. He earned first team USA Today All-American honors and played in the prestigious U.S. Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio, Texas. He was also selected by ESPN as the nation's top offensive tackle and rated as the fifth best offensive lineman in the country by Scout.com as well as first team All-American honors. As a high school senior, he was credited with 130 pancake blocks, allowing no sacks, and grading out at 90 percent. He didn't allow a sack in his two years and had 200 total pancake blocks. I mentioned he was a star basketball player, he also lettered twice in basketball and twice in track. For a 300 pound basketball player he averaged 22 points and 10 rebound and earned All-State honors. In track, he was state runner-up in discus.

This year Michael Oher is on almost everyone’s second or third team All-American list. He is also included as a possible first round draft pick on many 2008 NFL Mock Drafts. Oher is only a junior so we might have to wait until the 2009 NFL Draft to see him walk up to the podium, but sooner or later he will make that walk and play on Sundays. Oher is a special talent not because of his proto type size, or even his mean streak, it’s his technique that has all the NFL Scouts giddy. He plays with excellent knee bend, uses proper leverage and slides his feet very well. He plays with excellent balance and is solid muscle. If he does enter the draft early he has the maturity and talent to start as a rookie in the NFL.

Major 2007 Pre-Season Accolades:

* Lindy's 1st Team All-American

* Phil Steele 1st Team All-SEC and 3rd Team All-American

* Athlon Sport's 2nd Team All-SEC

* The Sporting News 1st Team All-SEC

* Mel Kiper's 3rd ranked junior offensive tackle"

Round 3. Marcus Monk, Arkansas, He is big and thats all I really need to say this system of midget recievers is not working and Monk looks like a prospect that will go in the middle rounds but down the line will be thought of as a should have been first rounder.

Height, 6'5

Weight, 228

Another Receiver that will go in the middle rounds or lower I really hope we take a look at because he is a beast. His name is Maurice Purify plays for my Horrible Huskers but when he has gotten his chances this year he has impressed. Last week against Kansas, yes the game we gave up 70 points lol he had three TD's Against top cover man Aqib Talib. One was a one handed randy moss style TD that was incredible check out this highlight vid. I love the catch at 1:38

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vpxM4A2kmlY

I really like the Oher and Monk picks, and if they're around when we pick in those respective rounds, I'm all for them. Groves, however, will fail to make an impact as a DE. He's going to move to either SLB or a 3-4 OLB. Besides, we don't need another undersized pass rusher. Even Dwight Freeney is 268lbs. We need an all around DE...

Round 2. Michael Oher, Ole Miss, Oher would be a perfect fight for our o-line. He can play multiple positions and is huge. Other than that he should be around in the second round here is a report on him from NFLDRAFTDOG.COM " 6' 6" 325 lbs.

Offensive Tackle

Ole Miss

Junior

I doubt Oher comes out unless he'll be a top pick. Off the top of my head I can't think of any top o-lineman who came out as juniors, that fell to round 2.

Archived