Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Van Halen's still alive? -- Locker room quotes.

Art

Well I think the Jason Campbell experement is over. I think it is pretty obvious that he is not an NFL QB, funny EVERY talent evaluator said he was a low round prospect at best and considering his wunderlic intelligenc test suggested that if he lost 2 more brain cells he would be a talking monkey. We can only hope that Jordan Palmer has something, when you look at his college numbers each year from hsi fresman to senior year his yards and completion % went up while his TD to INT ratio decreased. Jason Campbell has shown zero improvment and he never will, he just does not possess the mential capacity to play the position at the NFL level.

I'm extremely happy you don't post more. :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

12/23 142 yards passing and one pickel. The Redskins are winning in spite of Campbell not because of him. The Jets QB throughly outplayed Campbell in only his 2nd start. Campbell has not shown any improvment from last year. He is not an NFL caliber QB, hell at Auburn he wasn't very good, he was only asked not to loose games. Another example of drafting someone because of his physical tools even though they did not produce on the field.

Lloyd finally gets in with the offense last week and now, we make him inactive? Is this coaching staff TRYING to make sure Lloyd sucks? LOL!

He missed a meeting this week and his becoming a cancer to this team. He is as good as gone after this year. He sucks and I can't wait for us to get a young WR to take his spot.

12/23 142 yards passing and one pickel. The Redskins are winning in spite of Campbell not because of him. The Jets QB throughly outplayed Campbell in only his 2nd start. Campbell has not shown any improvment from last year. He is not an NFL caliber QB, hell at Auburn he wasn't very good, he was only asked not to loose games. Another example of drafting someone because of his physical tools even though they did not produce on the field.

:rolleyes: And you are who to judge franchise qb's - have you watched other teams qb's? Today in fact - the "media loved qb's" had picks in that small game they played, so you are saying a pick doesn't make Jason a franchise qb? Jason didn't get owned by the Jets, he plays the "play called" - if his receivers can't get open - what would you like for him to do with the ball?

Have you really looked at who will back up Jason, god forbid, should he get injured in the game? Have you? Jason has no backup..........NONE. And I want to know how you know he was told at Auburn "not to lose games". Were you his backup at Auburn?:) .

Jason just needs to get his "grove on"..........he is so much better than Romo sits to pee- and we all know what happened with Romo sits to pee this week.:rolleyes:

I agree that Brunell or Collins are not viable options to back him up. I am thinking more in the long term. Jason Campbell is not going to be our franchise QB, he simply isn't capable. Hopefully Jordan Palmer will grow enough that he can compete next year or we will have to go through the crap shoot known as the NFL draft and try to find a franchise QB there. Regarding Tony Romo sits to pee, it makes me sick to think that Dallas is going to be a Super Bowl contender for the next 10 years because they have an elite QB.

9:10 a.m., Sunday -- Sportsbogger, Dan Steinberg saunters in behind us, rather unfashionably dressed in brown slacks, a brown sweater hung around his waist, a green, LL Bean Fleece top and a green hat. I tell him he's wearing entirely the wrong colors and offer him some of my clothes when I was smaller and cuter. He mentions the ES tailgate crew wants him to write a correction that the ES tailgate isn't sponsored by ES but by the fans who occupy ES. I confirm they are right and ES can't, and doesn't sponsor the tailgate, but, tell him to ignore you losers. That made him smile, I think :). Much respect to what you guys do here BTW.

I guess he is still miffed that I posted about the next time he stopped by I wanted someone to point him out to me.....so I could throw him down Piss Valley....but apparently dressed like that he will easy to spot. :)

I'm disappointed in the unusually sober tone here.

Normally I find solace in the musings of Art and Om, but I think there is a growing epidemic that is affecting the fanbase and making us incapable of appreciating a 5/3 record.

Am I the last optimist?

I'm disappointed in the unusually sober tone here.

Normally I find solace in the musings of Art and Om, but I think there is a growing epidemic that is affecting the fanbase and making us incapable of appreciating a 5/3 record.

Am I the last optimist?

My concern with the team is what it was after the Miami guy. We appear to play hoping the other team makes mistakes rather than trying to make them make mistakes. It's what feels different about our team when watching it play and watching the game's elite teams play. Obviously those teams have GREAT players like Brady and Manning, but, teams that seek to win don't simply run it six straight times from the three. The bomb in overtime was encouraging only in that it proved the theory. The way we play requires teams to creep up and if we'd just unleash it every so often, there will be chances. We started the season with a few too many forced long throws without appropriate setup. Now we have the setup but no hits.

It's not that I'm negative about the team either. I just don't like thinking we're so afraid to take a chance that we have to play with this self-imposed limitation on our possible upside.

Offensively, the team still fights Saunders. Saunders still fights the team. Gibbs still can't figure out what he wants the team to be. We're years into the system and no one seems to know who we are, but worse, we can't even figure out who we really WANT to be. This game will be the start of a team that shows actual character or the end of this staff and team as we know it.

I think that says it all. This team, for the better part of the last two seasons, has had an identity crisis. The last 5 games of 2005 could have been the springboard that launched the team forward as a hard-nosed, physical, smashmouth group that wouldn't be explosive offensively, but whose attitude, week-in and week-out, would be clear. It might not be popular with the fanbase, but the success of that run was something the players bought into wholeheartedly, and it really appeared the team was built for success around that formula.

Instead, by bringing Al Saunders in, it's as though Gibbs has taken his taken his own greatest strength, and benched it. The offensive philosophy, and with it, the very identity of the team, has been in limbo ever since. In each the two seasons since Saunders' arrival, Gibbs has had a mid-season epiphany, addressed the team's toughness and attitude, and placed the focus firmly on running the football. It's as though Gibbs and Saunders don't have their roles completely figured out yet.

My concern with the team is what it was after the Miami guy. We appear to play hoping the other team makes mistakes rather than trying to make them make mistakes. It's what feels different about our team when watching it play and watching the game's elite teams play. Obviously those teams have GREAT players like Brady and Manning, but, teams that seek to win don't simply run it six straight times from the three. The bomb in overtime was encouraging only in that it proved the theory. The way we play requires teams to creep up and if we'd just unleash it every so often, there will be chances. We started the season with a few too many forced long throws without appropriate setup. Now we have the setup but no hits.

It's not that I'm negative about the team either. I just don't like thinking we're so afraid to take a chance that we have to play with this self-imposed limitation on our possible upside.

This post and the entire body of the first post, from the pregame thoughts to the post game thoughts, completely mirror how I've been feeling about the team. There just isn't a killer instinct, we still try and let the other team lose it rather than us trying to win it and I feel like, on both sides of the ball, if we can't run the predetermined formula, we have no answer. If teams stop our run, we won't play good offense. If teams beat our Tampa 2, we'll struggle on defense. There's no ability to adapt or respond to the different circumstances different teams and situations present.

One thing I do believe though is this team THINKS it's this power running monster. It may not always believe Williams or Gibbs or Saunders, but it DOES believe Portis. If Portis has TWO more, in a row, games over 120 yards or so, this team will start to swell in belief and maybe be interesting. For now, we're 5-3. It's enough.

I like that paragraph Art.

I really do.

One thing I do believe though is this team THINKS it's this power running monster. It may not always believe Williams or Gibbs or Saunders, but it DOES believe Portis. If Portis has TWO more, in a row, games over 120 yards or so, this team will start to swell in belief and maybe be interesting. For now, we're 5-3. It's enough.

Nice read as usual (except the Pats loss you induced). This bit quoted is the whole deal.

There's a saying heard around these parts for a while now.

It never rains but it pours... nope

Make hay while the sun shines... nope

Lokinder should return now because it's getting fun politics and propaganda wise as well as in game... nope

How Portis goes the Redskins go... we have a winner!!111!

Of course he's going to need to restructure (at this point in the season anyway) but whatever happens he needs to be a Redskin going forwrd because he makes our team play better and win.

When Portis plays well we win. Sometimes it's ugly but we win.

Archived