Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Riggo: Gibbs has his player selection criteria all wrong

FanSinceSonnyJ

Anybody catch Riggo's radio show day yesterday?

He was saying that Gibbs has his player selection criteria ***** backwards. According to Riggo, Gibbs rates his players on a scale of importance (1 being most important) as follows:

1. Character

2. Football smarts

3. Toughness

4. Talent

Riggo rates the criteria the exact opposite.

Who's right? I'm going with "The Diesel".

Anybody catch Riggo's radio show day yesterday?

He was saying that Gibbs has his player selection criteria ***** backwards. According to Riggo, Gibbs rates his players on a scale of importance (1 being most important) as follows:

1. Character

2. Football smarts

3. Toughness

4. Talent

Riggo rates the criteria the exact opposite.

Who's right? I'm going with "The Diesel".

I'd go:

1. Talent

2. Character

3. Smarts

4. Toughness

You can't create talent, you just have to have it. That has to be first. Character can be built, but the more character someone has, the easier it is to build upon and also the more likely they are to listen to advice for improving on 3 and 4. Smarts can be improved with concentration. Toughness can also be improved but I would worry about it the least because 90% of the guys that make it to the NFL level are already pretty tough.

I'd go:

1. Talent

2. Character

3. Smarts

4. Toughness

You can't create talent, you just have to have it. That has to be first. Character can be built, but the more character someone has, the easier it is to build upon and also the more likely they are to listen to advice for improving on 3 and 4. Smarts can be improved with concentration. Toughness can also be improved but I would worry about it the least because 90% of the guys that make it to the NFL level are already pretty tough.

I don't know to be honest, he drafted Taylor pretty high up didn't he, and he really doesn't have much character IMO.

How doesn't he have much character? He probably works as hard as anybody else. Plus, Gibbs will probably never have a problem with him blabbing to the media.

I don't think Gibbs would want a starter who lacks any one of those traits.

I don't know to be honest, he drafted Taylor pretty high up didn't he, and he really doesn't have much character IMO.

How doesn't he have much character? He probably works as hard as anybody else. Plus, Gibbs will probably never have a problem with him blabbing to the media.

I don't think Gibbs would want a starter who lacks any one of those traits.

I don't think Gibbs would want any starter who lacks any one of those traits.

He has character, but not always in a good way, spitting in someones face, pulling guns out (not that I don't agree with that).

But that how the media looks at things, but over all he's not bad, he's real quiet, when you see him, but on the field you know he's talking all types of **** :laugh:

I don't think Gibbs would want any starter who lacks any one of those traits.

He has character, but not always in a good way, spitting in someones face, pulling guns out (not that I don't agree with that).

But that how the media looks at things, but over all he's not bad, he's real quiet, when you see him, but on the field you know he's talking all types of **** :laugh:

1. Character

2. Talent

3. Football Smarts

4. Toughness

To me character is an absolute must. I think character is what builds winning teams with chemistry. People need to realize, if we did not have character, then we would not be 4-3 after the way we have been playing as of lately.

I agree Talent must be higher, because the game is based off talent. Football Smarts is key, because it helps players overcome what they don't have in talent, but do have in football smarts.

Personally, I think if you are playing in the NFL, you are tough. Some just are tougher than others. But I think its coaches who get that out of them. i.e. Anthony Montgomery.

1. Character

2. Talent

3. Football Smarts

4. Toughness

To me character is an absolute must. I think character is what builds winning teams with chemistry. People need to realize, if we did not have character, then we would not be 4-3 after the way we have been playing as of lately.

I agree Talent must be higher, because the game is based off talent. Football Smarts is key, because it helps players overcome what they don't have in talent, but do have in football smarts.

Personally, I think if you are playing in the NFL, you are tough. Some just are tougher than others. But I think its coaches who get that out of them. i.e. Anthony Montgomery.

Archived