Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Chips Are Down. Optimistic, don't give up thread.( Merged and mod edited title).

3CardMonte

Playoff scenerio: SD vs NE-who would you root for?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Playoff scenerio: SD vs NE-who would you root for?

• NE, just b/c it's a pleasure to see Norv break his team's heart again
    • SD, just b/c it would be laughable to see NE get out-coached by a Norv team
    • Let the stadium implode on itself

This is the point in a season where the team has to decide to Keep Fighting as Portis said or to write this season off and start thinking about next year.

I say The same goes for us fans and the posters on this site. So if you are going to continue to fight for an NFC East Title and/or Playoff Apperance. Then talk about the upcoming games. What we can do to win them. Coach Gibbs is not going to quit midseason. No players can be traded or drafted to solve any problems. We are what we are! Continue to Fight! Support the team or go away and come back after the last game and then you can talk about offseason moves and do all the complaining.

:dallasuck

This is the point in a season where the team has to decide to Keep Fighting as Portis said or to write this season off and start thinking about next year.

I say The same goes for us fans and the posters on this site. So if you are going to continue to fight for an NFC East Title and/or Playoff Apperance. Then talk about the upcoming games. What we can do to win them. Coach Gibbs is not going to quit midseason. No players can be traded or drafted to solve any problems. We are what we are! Continue to Fight! Support the team or go away and come back after the last game and then you can talk about offseason moves and do all the complaining.

:dallasuck

Its all very clear now. In the aftermath of our Futility in Foxborough I have been reading this message board and digesting the many sage posts by our incredibly knowledgeable fans.

As early as our first loss to the Giants it was clear to a great many that Joe Gibbs was interfering with our play calling and not turning Saunders loose.

Then, after getting lucky and not playing too badly against the Lions, a devastating loss to Green Bay showed clearly that we have a major flaw in our ability to manage the game clock.

Then, we have a few inconsequential injuries to our offensive line and some wise and helpful posters point out that we should feel quite bad about our victory against the Cardinals since our conservative play calling had once again cost us , that is, almost cost us the game.

So now, after the worst beating that Joe Gibbs has ever suffered, there are luckily lots of helpful posts explaining that: Gibbs cannot coach; Saunders cannot call a good game; Greg Williams is a sub par defensive coordinator; Joe Bugel is not very knowledgeable about the offensive line; Clinton Portis is vastly overrated; Jason Campbell was never really very good in college and will certainly be a bust in the NFL; and on, and on, and on....

So what to do with all this expert analysis?

Well...

I think I'm going to keep right on rooting for this coaching staff, this team, this season. In fact, I will go so far with my lunacy as to declare that I will keep rooting for them indefinitely. I know this is only because I am rather ignorant of all things football related. But still, I've decided that I will give coach Gibbs and company as much time as he wants to try to right this sinking (4-3) team. In fact, and this may give you some idea of the depth of my fanaticism, I will never give up on Joe Gibbs or on the Redskins, even if I (and I'm sure this may come to pass) am finally the very last enthusiastic fan of this coach and this team. Say what you want, call me whatever derogatory (and probably appropriate) name that you wish. All I have to say in response is:

Hail To The Redskins!!!!

:point2sky

Its all very clear now. In the aftermath of our Futility in Foxborough I have been reading this message board and digesting the many sage posts by our incredibly knowledgeable fans.

As early as our first loss to the Giants it was clear to a great many that Joe Gibbs was interfering with our play calling and not turning Saunders loose.

Then, after getting lucky and not playing too badly against the Lions, a devastating loss to Green Bay showed clearly that we have a major flaw in our ability to manage the game clock.

Then, we have a few inconsequential injuries to our offensive line and some wise and helpful posters point out that we should feel quite bad about our victory against the Cardinals since our conservative play calling had once again cost us , that is, almost cost us the game.

So now, after the worst beating that Joe Gibbs has ever suffered, there are luckily lots of helpful posts explaining that: Gibbs cannot coach; Saunders cannot call a good game; Greg Williams is a sub par defensive coordinator; Joe Bugel is not very knowledgeable about the offensive line; Clinton Portis is vastly overrated; Jason Campbell was never really very good in college and will certainly be a bust in the NFL; and on, and on, and on....

So what to do with all this expert analysis?

Well...

I think I'm going to keep right on rooting for this coaching staff, this team, this season. In fact, I will go so far with my lunacy as to declare that I will keep rooting for them indefinitely. I know this is only because I am rather ignorant of all things football related. But still, I've decided that I will give coach Gibbs and company as much time as he wants to try to right this sinking (4-3) team. In fact, and this may give you some idea of the depth of my fanaticism, I will never give up on Joe Gibbs or on the Redskins, even if I (and I'm sure this may come to pass) am finally the very last enthusiastic fan of this coach and this team. Say what you want, call me whatever derogatory (and probably appropriate) name that you wish. All I have to say in response is:

Hail To The Redskins!!!!

:point2sky

Great post! It's great to see I'm not the only fan here that hasn't given up hope! I think a lot of folks were just waiting to start barking at something.

Great to see there are still some insane fanatics out there! :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

HTTR:point2sky

Great post! It's great to see I'm not the only fan here that hasn't given up hope! I think a lot of folks were just waiting to start barking at something.

Great to see there are still some insane fanatics out there! :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

HTTR:point2sky

As a true dedicated fan you have to keep on rooting for OUR team. But when you sit back and look at the big picture the optimism that we each have at the beginning of every season is quickly fading away. Last year our offense was pretty bad but our defense was worse. This year we finally get the D together again, even though we did get blown out, but our offense has been soooo questionable. You never know what youre gonna get. And its not JC, its the stars of the team who we thought would bail JC out when he got in trouble. Unless we become at least a middle of the pack offense, this team will have little to no hope of a playoff year. I still love my SKINS, but I see the possibility of the playoffs fading fast. They need to rebound fast and start scoring points and eating up the clock again. Give the D a damn breather for once.

As a true dedicated fan you have to keep on rooting for OUR team. But when you sit back and look at the big picture the optimism that we each have at the beginning of every season is quickly fading away. Last year our offense was pretty bad but our defense was worse. This year we finally get the D together again, even though we did get blown out, but our offense has been soooo questionable. You never know what youre gonna get. And its not JC, its the stars of the team who we thought would bail JC out when he got in trouble. Unless we become at least a middle of the pack offense, this team will have little to no hope of a playoff year. I still love my SKINS, but I see the possibility of the playoffs fading fast. They need to rebound fast and start scoring points and eating up the clock again. Give the D a damn breather for once.

Especially now!!! Our Redskins got dissed. Our Redskins got absolutely humiliated. Our Redskins took a monumental beating at the hands of the most arrogant, ****y and talented team in the NFL. We were laughingstocks of the entire league come Monday morning. As I write this right now, we are still licking our wounds and bandaging up our pride. That is exactly the reason why I am not jumping ship. Joe Gibbs, HOF coach, class act, devout christian, took a whipping Sunday and he went down with his group of players just like we knew he would. No blaming. No excuses. That is exactly the reason I am not jumping ship now. The New England Patriots have been a dynasty. The Patriots are what we used to be during Gibbs I. Maybe better. Not here to argue about that. The only reason I say that is that the Pats did reel off 21 in a row but really, who gives a crap?? Bill Belichik showed his true colors last sunday against our Redskins and against Joe Gibbs. The Patriots are making a mockery of the league. The Patriots think the trophy is theirs already, especially after they beat Indy this Sunday. That is exactly the reason why I am not jumping ship. I feel the script was written last Sunday on a dark and dreadful day in New England as the Patriots stood above our lifeless corpse with a 52-7 beatdown notched on their belts. They chose to make an example of a very proud franchise that is the Washington Redskins. They mocked not only 53 players in burgundy and gold that we call our beloved Redskins. They not only mocked our HOF coach who was at the helm for 12 years as we established our own glory with three super bowl championships. We Redskins fans were being mocked as well. This team is going to come back and come back hard. I refuse to jump ship now because I don't want to miss the ride as we meet up one more time with the evil empire that is Bill Belichik and the NE Patriots. I don't know how we are going to do it. I don't know who is going to do it. All I know is that come Super Bowl week in Glendale Arizona, the Pats will be preparing for us one more time. Vengence Tom Brady.....vengence. Not only were the 2007 Redskins pissed off last sunday, but 75 years of Redskins greatness was pissed off and starting sunday we are playing for an entire history of our storied franchise and it will not end until Belichik is crushed Super Bowl Sunday. Hey, if Philip Daniels thinks we are going to see that team again in the Super Bowl then count me in. Hail Skins! :logo:

Especially now!!! Our Redskins got dissed. Our Redskins got absolutely humiliated. Our Redskins took a monumental beating at the hands of the most arrogant, ****y and talented team in the NFL. We were laughingstocks of the entire league come Monday morning. As I write this right now, we are still licking our wounds and bandaging up our pride. That is exactly the reason why I am not jumping ship. Joe Gibbs, HOF coach, class act, devout christian, took a whipping Sunday and he went down with his group of players just like we knew he would. No blaming. No excuses. That is exactly the reason I am not jumping ship now. The New England Patriots have been a dynasty. The Patriots are what we used to be during Gibbs I. Maybe better. Not here to argue about that. The only reason I say that is that the Pats did reel off 21 in a row but really, who gives a crap?? Bill Belichik showed his true colors last sunday against our Redskins and against Joe Gibbs. The Patriots are making a mockery of the league. The Patriots think the trophy is theirs already, especially after they beat Indy this Sunday. That is exactly the reason why I am not jumping ship. I feel the script was written last Sunday on a dark and dreadful day in New England as the Patriots stood above our lifeless corpse with a 52-7 beatdown notched on their belts. They chose to make an example of a very proud franchise that is the Washington Redskins. They mocked not only 53 players in burgundy and gold that we call our beloved Redskins. They not only mocked our HOF coach who was at the helm for 12 years as we established our own glory with three super bowl championships. We Redskins fans were being mocked as well. This team is going to come back and come back hard. I refuse to jump ship now because I don't want to miss the ride as we meet up one more time with the evil empire that is Bill Belichik and the NE Patriots. I don't know how we are going to do it. I don't know who is going to do it. All I know is that come Super Bowl week in Glendale Arizona, the Pats will be preparing for us one more time. Vengence Tom Brady.....vengence. Not only were the 2007 Redskins pissed off last sunday, but 75 years of Redskins greatness was pissed off and starting sunday we are playing for an entire history of our storied franchise and it will not end until Belichik is crushed Super Bowl Sunday. Hey, if Philip Daniels thinks we are going to see that team again in the Super Bowl then count me in. Hail Skins! :logo:

Well im in the boat that if we beat the Jets, we went 5-3 for the first half of our season, and i def would have taken that before the season started doing the Win/Loss thing. Sure i might have thought some of the outcomes might have been different, but at 5-3 (if we beat the Jets) i think we are sitting fine for a playoff push.

Well im in the boat that if we beat the Jets, we went 5-3 for the first half of our season, and i def would have taken that before the season started doing the Win/Loss thing. Sure i might have thought some of the outcomes might have been different, but at 5-3 (if we beat the Jets) i think we are sitting fine for a playoff push.

Why would anyone abandon ship? I just don't get that--we're 4-3 in a weak NFC. But much more than that, WE ARE FANS OF THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS! What are ya going to do, root for someone else? How LAME is that? Stop watching football? Good luck, but if you're anything like me, it ain't gonna happen. Sundays in the fall and winter are for Redskins football. Sure, it sucked last week. And we've been down for a long time here. It's tough. But that's sometimes what happens as a fan--unless you are one of those "I root for winners" types. Then, sure, see ya. But if your a true fan, this does not enter in.

Look, was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Archived