Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heath Shuler Still Stinks!

pjfootballer

Yesterday I was looking in my newspaper here in the Charlotte area and in the Charlotte Observer, there was a small article about Heath Shuler who is a Representative for North Carolina.

He played in a charity flag football game and guess what? He threw 2 interceptions that caused his team to lose. The game was in Washington and was a charity game, so the actual event itself was for a good cause.

Sorry I don't have a link, unless you want to come to my house and see the copy of the paper for yourself. Just a funny and ironic story to tell.

Yesterday I was looking in my newspaper here in the Charlotte area and in the Charlotte Observer, there was a small article about Heath Shuler who is a Representative for North Carolina.

He played in a charity flag football game and guess what? He threw 2 interceptions that caused his team to lose. The game was in Washington and was a charity game, so the actual event itself was for a good cause.

Sorry I don't have a link, unless you want to come to my house and see the copy of the paper for yourself. Just a funny and ironic story to tell.

More background on this, I think it might've been posted earlier, but otherwise:

http://deadspin.com/sports/heath-shuler/shuler-still-playing-bad-football-in-dc-314028.php

Shuler Still Playing Bad Football In DC

Stop Shuler, the site that unsuccessfully attempted to keep now-Congressman Heath Shuler from returning to Washington, D.C., would probably have a field day with this: Shuler was the quarterback for the Congressional team in a game against the Capitol Police ... and he got shut out.

Rep. Heath Shuler, a former NFL quarterback and Heisman Trophy finalist, had two of his passes intercepted. But the North Carolina Democrat, who coached the Members team and played QB all four quarters, was in good spirits after the game, smiling and laughing with officers.

"They're a very fast, very young team," Shuler said of the police. "You could tell they all had played [before]. But they were just having fun, just like us."

Seriously: The guy was playing a Capitol Police team and was shut out! He's a former NFL quarterback! Well, kind of.

More background on this, I think it might've been posted earlier, but otherwise:

http://deadspin.com/sports/heath-shuler/shuler-still-playing-bad-football-in-dc-314028.php

Stop Shuler, the site that unsuccessfully attempted to keep now-Congressman Heath Shuler from returning to Washington, D.C., would probably have a field day with this: Shuler was the quarterback for the Congressional team in a game against the Capitol Police ... and he got shut out.

Rep. Heath Shuler, a former NFL quarterback and Heisman Trophy finalist, had two of his passes intercepted. But the North Carolina Democrat, who coached the Members team and played QB all four quarters, was in good spirits after the game, smiling and laughing with officers.

"They're a very fast, very young team," Shuler said of the police. "You could tell they all had played [before]. But they were just having fun, just like us."

Seriously: The guy was playing a Capitol Police team and was shut out! He's a former NFL quarterback! Well, kind of.

By the way, they also showed some highlights on Comcast SportsNet a couple days ago, and some of the passes Shuler threw were pretty ugly: way over the head of players, behind guys, into the ground, etc.

So, in other words, nothing has changed in 15 years.

By the way, they also showed some highlights on Comcast SportsNet a couple days ago, and some of the passes Shuler threw were pretty ugly: way over the head of players, behind guys, into the ground, etc.

So, in other words, nothing has changed in 15 years.

Thanks for the link. Wasn't sure if this was already posted. I just saw it in yesterday's paper.

Thanks for the link. Wasn't sure if this was already posted. I just saw it in yesterday's paper.

Archived