Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A poll and a question; the meaning of "Redskins' Football"

DCsportsfan53

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The question for you is, what does the term "Redskins football" mean to you? What is the definition, what feelings does that evoke in you? Is it the way we play, the attitude the team has, then end results? A combination of all? And to add on to that, what is Redskins' football in Joe Gibbs second run at it?

The question for you is, what does the term "Redskins football" mean to you? What is the definition, what feelings does that evoke in you? Is it the way we play, the attitude the team has, then end results? A combination of all? And to add on to that, what is Redskins' football in Joe Gibbs second run at it?

Redskins football is:

Offense

Smashmouth, run first, play action pass on offense. At the goal line, it is run the ball for a touchdown and the defense cannot stop you (Hogs offensive line).

Defense

Stop the run, pressure the quarterback into mistakes.

Redskins football is:

Offense

Smashmouth, run first, play action pass on offense. At the goal line, it is run the ball for a touchdown and the defense cannot stop you (Hogs offensive line).

Defense

Stop the run, pressure the quarterback into mistakes.

Personally, I think you guys are going too deep into it. To me, Redskins' football is three things

1. Physical

2. Aggressive

3. Smart

Beyond that, it's not about what comes first or more, pass or run, or when we do what we do. It used to be about doing WHATEVER was necessary to WIN THE GAME.

Personally, I think you guys are going too deep into it. To me, Redskins' football is three things

1. Physical

2. Aggressive

3. Smart

Beyond that, it's not about what comes first or more, pass or run, or when we do what we do. It used to be about doing WHATEVER was necessary to WIN THE GAME.

Gibbs will not reach the NFC Champ. game this year with this team, maybe next year with a few changes but I say that every year. As for the definition of Redskins football it's very easy, Redskins football is about winning and winning constantly, at least to me it is. I remember winning games pretty, ugly, blowouts, and last second games but we always won 10+ games and were hell in the playoffs. We won running, passing, with tough D it didn't matter because we won constantly.

Gibbs will not reach the NFC Champ. game this year with this team, maybe next year with a few changes but I say that every year. As for the definition of Redskins football it's very easy, Redskins football is about winning and winning constantly, at least to me it is. I remember winning games pretty, ugly, blowouts, and last second games but we always won 10+ games and were hell in the playoffs. We won running, passing, with tough D it didn't matter because we won constantly.

Archived