Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offensive Adjustments: Why weren't these made?

Veretax

All right I've spent the last day just thinking about our problems on offense and there are a number of things glaring that stick out to me.

1. Where's the draw play? We seem to run screens of all sorts like they are going out of style, but a couple draw plays handed off to Campbells left would have forced those Patriot DL to not be in too much of a hurry to get north to the QB.

2. Where's the Roll out? When you have a QB as mobile as campbell can be, why on earth do you make him sit in the pocket and take hit after hit (and then fumble) due to the collapse of the right side of the line. Why not roll out away from that pressure a few times, or even around it to the other side to force them to have to guess where Campbell is going to setup.

3. Boot Leg? Campbell scrambled once, the whole game that I saw, but it was hardly a scripted play. How about an occasional boot leg, or even a QB Draw now and then?

4. Pump fake? Pats Dbs were jumping on every hitch and out route we had, where is the pump and go to take advantage of their over aggressive ness.

5. Fake Handoff? When in the I Formation where is that play where we fake the hand off to Sellars or portis and each runs to a different side.

Bottom Line we did nothing to try and make the pats Dline work harder to get those sacks and hits on Campbell. Untill we figure out how to protect Campbell it won't matter who's lining up outside.

All right I've spent the last day just thinking about our problems on offense and there are a number of things glaring that stick out to me.

1. Where's the draw play? We seem to run screens of all sorts like they are going out of style, but a couple draw plays handed off to Campbells left would have forced those Patriot DL to not be in too much of a hurry to get north to the QB.

2. Where's the Roll out? When you have a QB as mobile as campbell can be, why on earth do you make him sit in the pocket and take hit after hit (and then fumble) due to the collapse of the right side of the line. Why not roll out away from that pressure a few times, or even around it to the other side to force them to have to guess where Campbell is going to setup.

3. Boot Leg? Campbell scrambled once, the whole game that I saw, but it was hardly a scripted play. How about an occasional boot leg, or even a QB Draw now and then?

4. Pump fake? Pats Dbs were jumping on every hitch and out route we had, where is the pump and go to take advantage of their over aggressive ness.

5. Fake Handoff? When in the I Formation where is that play where we fake the hand off to Sellars or portis and each runs to a different side.

Bottom Line we did nothing to try and make the pats Dline work harder to get those sacks and hits on Campbell. Untill we figure out how to protect Campbell it won't matter who's lining up outside.

The offensive game plan was just flat out unimaginative. We ran the same plays we run every game.

For the life of me I don't know how you don't put in McCardel and let him work the middle. I don't think we threw to the middle at all during the game. It was all on the outside on quick outs, hitches and comebacks.

Our line play is just bad Samuels was getting beat off the edge and I'm not even going to mention the right side. But Cooley released pretty often so they didn't seem overly concerned with protection.

Just the same old tired play calling.

The offensive game plan was just flat out unimaginative. We ran the same plays we run every game.

For the life of me I don't know how you don't put in McCardel and let him work the middle. I don't think we threw to the middle at all during the game. It was all on the outside on quick outs, hitches and comebacks.

Our line play is just bad Samuels was getting beat off the edge and I'm not even going to mention the right side. But Cooley released pretty often so they didn't seem overly concerned with protection.

Just the same old tired play calling.

Sad to watch indeed. I have been a Redskins fan for over 30 years. I love Joe Gibbs and appreciate what he means to this town. But Joe, why did you come back? Mike came back, Ali came back, why do they all come back... Joe these players today could care less about your legacy. All they care about is the money and when can they get some more. Nobody gives a crap about the fans who live and die through the Redskins fortunes and misfortunes. Nobody actually plays for the love of the game anymore or the fans who come out to support them. As great a coach as you are I can't see you righting this ship. If you can't play for Joe Gibbs then you can't play for anyone... They don't care Joe, so why should you? Don't go out like that, just walk away... The fans know what you've done and we will always regard you as the greatest coach the Redskins ever had...

Sad to watch indeed. I have been a Redskins fan for over 30 years. I love Joe Gibbs and appreciate what he means to this town. But Joe, why did you come back? Mike came back, Ali came back, why do they all come back... Joe these players today could care less about your legacy. All they care about is the money and when can they get some more. Nobody gives a crap about the fans who live and die through the Redskins fortunes and misfortunes. Nobody actually plays for the love of the game anymore or the fans who come out to support them. As great a coach as you are I can't see you righting this ship. If you can't play for Joe Gibbs then you can't play for anyone... They don't care Joe, so why should you? Don't go out like that, just walk away... The fans know what you've done and we will always regard you as the greatest coach the Redskins ever had...

The slant and rollout are the two plays that play to JC's strength. I just can't believe we never run these plays. I also can't understand why we can't pull off a screen to the backs. I hate that wide receiver screen 10 times a game.

It is flat out horrible offense. I have no idea why we brought Saunders in here

The slant and rollout are the two plays that play to JC's strength. I just can't believe we never run these plays. I also can't understand why we can't pull off a screen to the backs. I hate that wide receiver screen 10 times a game.

It is flat out horrible offense. I have no idea why we brought Saunders in here

guys, our offense is just going to be flat out bad this year. we can argue all day long about whether missing 2 solid lineman turned our offense from great into inept, but the fact of the matter is, its not gonna get any better. we might see one or two solid drives here or there, and we'll probably light it up against the jets because theyre a horrid team, but our offense just sucks.

play calling is predictable, its sad when i can watch a game at a bar and know what play is coming before it happens.

WRs are just not getting it done this year.

campbell is just not that accurate at this point in his career.

we cannot run the football well.

were going to lean on our defense and hopefully go 8-8.

guys, our offense is just going to be flat out bad this year. we can argue all day long about whether missing 2 solid lineman turned our offense from great into inept, but the fact of the matter is, its not gonna get any better. we might see one or two solid drives here or there, and we'll probably light it up against the jets because theyre a horrid team, but our offense just sucks.

play calling is predictable, its sad when i can watch a game at a bar and know what play is coming before it happens.

WRs are just not getting it done this year.

campbell is just not that accurate at this point in his career.

we cannot run the football well.

were going to lean on our defense and hopefully go 8-8.

Sad, but true. At least I saw the Redskins win three Super Bowls. There are a LOT of fans of Redskins Nation who haven't even seen them GO to one!

Sad, but true. At least I saw the Redskins win three Super Bowls. There are a LOT of fans of Redskins Nation who haven't even seen them GO to one!

Every option you named takes extra time. Extra time our offensive line (in its current situation) cannot afford.

Archived