Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Madden improvements.

DaRock

What would you like to see improved on the next madden game. Me for one, in the franchise mode, I would like to see a more realistic draft such as announcing, also presenting the cap and jersey. What are some more improvements or additions that could be made, there aren't many?

I've only come across a few glitches (phantom catches and the like). Some frustrating ones are similar to the real game though (lack of reply by the booth during final 2 minutes). The only real change i would make is during the draft. Some times all the scouting reports are glowing on an individual, the stats are solid, but he ends up being 10-15 pts lower in overall ability. I know the real draft isn't an exact science either, but having 5 reports touting a kid and having his times and reps better than another guy only to have the guy suck is frustrating. Or maybe the draft mode is just too realistic for me...:laugh:

If you are the CB and want to jump to stop a pass. Sometimes you hands just go up like you're catching it and flies over your head.

Plus, the bouncing off of hands right into the CPU's happens too much.

The replay needs to actually work. The graphics will show a knee down but the ref will say it wasn't.

easier to create plays and just add them to any playbook.

Players who go out of bounds always come back in and are the 1st to make a tackle. That's a no no.

Honestly my biggest bug is this:

you can't motion from a play you design. I use motion a lot to figure out defenses and put blockers in a better position. I can't do this from plays I design. They should put motion options in. As a whole the playbook editor needs improvement, but not bad for a first go-round.

-DB

Hey Rykins, just edit LaVar's name and number and Michaels will say his name when he makes a play.

Here are my two biggest suggestions for improvement.

1. Cut down on the passing game cheese factor. Even the league's top receivers shouldn't be able to leap in the middle of triple coverage for a reception, or get behind a prevent defense lined up 8 yards off the LOS. And the QB shouldn't be able to stand there for 10-15 seconds with a 4 man rush coming at him. Make the passing game harder to boost realism.

2. Make franchise mode more realistic by offering uploadable draft classes from the online servers, making the salary cap work more like in real life, and tweaking the computer response to trades. I was able to deal Matthews, J. Green, and R. Jones for 3rd round picks each. And I dealt Stephen Davis to New Orleans for Deuce and a 2nd rounder with NO ADVERSE CAP IMPACT. Give the ability to negotiate base salary and bonuses separately and add in the cap impact of cutting a player with a large bonus early.

The famous "tuck rule" dosen't apply in the game. Historical player Sammy Baugh can't run, catch, tackle, or punt at all depite playing saftey and punter as well as QB. And the year Randle Cunningham made the all madden team as a punter, he can't throw or run, they only gave him punting attributes.

I knew there was something else, but I couldn't remember until now ...

Offensive Linemen on human controlled teams never get the pancake blocks, but if you look at the stats at the end of the year, comp. team offensive linemen have 40+, and since pancakes are how performance is judged at the end of the year, the O-Linemen invariably see a drop in ratings every year. They need to fix that, either make human controlled OLinemen more capable of getting pancake blocks, or stop using it as a criteria of player performance.

Originally posted by Yomar

I knew there was something else, but I couldn't remember until now ...

Offensive Linemen on human controlled teams never get the pancake blocks, but if you look at the stats at the end of the year, comp. team offensive linemen have 40+, and since pancakes are how performance is judged at the end of the year, the O-Linemen invariably see a drop in ratings every year. They need to fix that, either make human controlled OLinemen more capable of getting pancake blocks, or stop using it as a criteria of player performance.

This is one of my big beefs too. I built my franchise team around my O line and to see none of them at the pro-bowl ticked me off.

I would also like to see the players 1-100 rating in the draft previews.

I also get mad at cap issues. Why can any other team sign a player to a cheaper contract then we can? I actually bring back historic players just to trade them to other teams to get there cheap rookies.

You should get more audible options too, or atleast let you pick 5 plays from your playbook to scroll thru when you audible.

God that pancake thing is a killer. I have to simulate at least a couple games a year just so my o line will stay level. I haven't tried ever to lock a player, but I wonder if you could lock on an o lineman?..and pour syrup over my 100 pancakes. The passing in the game defensively is unreal. I use wide screen just so smoot or champ for that matter doesn't get beat ..wth..they need to fix that. What camera angles do you guys prefer?

I would like it if they could make the draft more realistic, instead of having guy with fake names, like Dike Hurtz, Mike Rotch, or something to that effect. I want them to have real college players in the draft.

I also want the computer to make trades, to increase the competition for high caliber players.

I would also like it if they could get the pictures of all the rookies, like in Madden 2003 they didn't even have a picture of David Carr :doh:, and he was the 1st pick of the draft.

1. Gang tackling stats, i hate how playing a season without simulating my #1 tackler barely top 100 tackles

2. More pass rush, basically almost impossible to get sacks on default setting

3. Realistic passing game, make long pass much harder and short crossing, slants and wr screens much easier.

4. Punt and kick returns

Originally posted by The Invisible Poster

I would like it if they could make the draft more realistic, instead of having guy with fake names, like Dike Hurtz, Mike Rotch, or something to that effect. I want them to have real college players in the draft.

It's my understanding that you can import the 2003 draft class from NCAA Football 2003. I'm holding out hope that as we get closer to the draft, Sony will put the draft class on the Madden servers for upload. I don't see why they wouldn't-- you can already get roster updates from the servers.

One interesting thing though. I once drafted a RB in the 2nd round and changed his name to Lee Suggs-- then Al Michaels started to say his name when he made a play. This makes me think there may be a way to unlock the 2003 draft class, but I haven't come across a code yet.

Archived