Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yesterday and today I am embarrassed as a Redskins fan

CapitalDefense

If you are a skins fan, if you are a Gibbs fan, how can you not be embarassed? I've got a lot emotionally invested in this team, and yeah, it's just a sports team, but it means a lot to me. That they could go out and just get obliterated like that is unimaginable. How the hell does HOF coach Joe Gibbs let this happen? I'm not throwing in my Burgundy and Gold. I wore my Skins hat today, showing htat I'm still behind this team 100%. But this was soooo disappointing. Gregg Williams game plan I don't necessarily think was the problem, we couldn't do anything though defensively or offensively. Campbell, a person I've been extremely high on all season, looked like a deer in headlights yesterday. WTF?!?!

It is a sad day when Joe Jackson Gibbs can let something like this happen. A very sad day. I'll never call for Gibbs to be fired, cause he's Gibbs, but this...I just can't wrap my head around how they allow this to happen. This is his 4th year...we've had 2 2nd half collapses this year and now this?!?! What in the world is going on...

Ugh...I'm through venting.

ditto that man. :(

If you are a skins fan, if you are a Gibbs fan, how can you not be embarassed? I've got a lot emotionally invested in this team, and yeah, it's just a sports team, but it means a lot to me. That they could go out and just get obliterated like that is unimaginable. How the hell does HOF coach Joe Gibbs let this happen? I'm not throwing in my Burgundy and Gold. I wore my Skins hat today, showing htat I'm still behind this team 100%. But this was soooo disappointing. Gregg Williams game plan I don't necessarily think was the problem, we couldn't do anything though defensively or offensively. Campbell, a person I've been extremely high on all season, looked like a deer in headlights yesterday. WTF?!?!

It is a sad day when Joe Jackson Gibbs can let something like this happen. A very sad day. I'll never call for Gibbs to be fired, cause he's Gibbs, but this...I just can't wrap my head around how they allow this to happen. This is his 4th year...we've had 2 2nd half collapses this year and now this?!?! What in the world is going on...

Ugh...I'm through venting.

ditto that man. :(

relax, the Patriots lost the Super Bowl 46-10 to the Bears. now THAT is a butt kicking to remember, this game was eminently forgettable as it was just one of 16 for NE.

for Washington it just shows that the team is a .500 caliber club hoping to get lucky and win an extra game to be a wildcard.

relax, the Patriots lost the Super Bowl 46-10 to the Bears. now THAT is a butt kicking to remember, this game was eminently forgettable as it was just one of 16 for NE.

for Washington it just shows that the team is a .500 caliber club hoping to get lucky and win an extra game to be a wildcard.

Why are you embarrassed? Did you play the game? Did you roll over like a sick duck and get run over by a car? No the players did, if they come out and lose the Jets and dont play with pride then F them and the whole organization. You should be proud that you still are a fan of an organization that has been a joke for 16 years.

Tell me you did not feel embarrassed by the way we showed up at Foxboro. You'd be lying to yourself and everyone on this board. Everyone was embarrassed. I've never experienced this type of arse whipping before. It was VERY embarrassing and I hope we never let it happen again.

Why are you embarrassed? Did you play the game? Did you roll over like a sick duck and get run over by a car? No the players did, if they come out and lose the Jets and dont play with pride then F them and the whole organization. You should be proud that you still are a fan of an organization that has been a joke for 16 years.

Tell me you did not feel embarrassed by the way we showed up at Foxboro. You'd be lying to yourself and everyone on this board. Everyone was embarrassed. I've never experienced this type of arse whipping before. It was VERY embarrassing and I hope we never let it happen again.

I saw the most beautiful thing today.

I had just picked up my kids from the daycare center, and turned the corner in front of the Pizza Hut.

Out walks a kid, no more than maybe 12 years old, with his family's pizza. Big deal you say, well I was proud.

He was wearing a Redskins jersey.

This kid has never seen a Super Bowl victory for the burgundy & gold, except on a DVD or highlight reel. I saw all that stuff as it happened, that's probably why I wore my Skins cap today. But this kid, all he's seen (for the most part) was the type of performance we saw yesterday, just not as bad (for the most part).

It almost brought a tear to my eye. :helmet: :point2sky

I had just picked up my kids from the daycare center, and turned the corner in front of the Pizza Hut.

Out walks a kid, no more than maybe 12 years old, with his family's pizza. Big deal you say, well I was proud.

This kid has never seen a Super Bowl victory for the burgundy & gold, except on a DVD or highlight reel. I saw all that stuff as it happened, that's probably why I wore my Skins cap today. But this kid, all he's seen (for the most part) was the type of performance we saw yesterday, just not as bad (for the most part).

What disappoints me is the fact that they weren't even competitive. They didn't put up points on the board until the very last gasp. It tells me that this a barometer of how our team is. The Patriots are a super bowl caliber team and we are on the very edge of the NFC wild card slot. That tells me that we are not that great right now overall. I know that we might still make the playoffs, but if you can't score, what good is that?

What disappoints me is the fact that they weren't even competitive. They didn't put up points on the board until the very last gasp. It tells me that this a barometer of how our team is. The Patriots are a super bowl caliber team and we are on the very edge of the NFC wild card slot. That tells me that we are not that great right now overall. I know that we might still make the playoffs, but if you can't score, what good is that?

You're in a unique position, the rest of us are thrilled about our blowout loss yesterday!

I should have expected a smart ass...

Ah well, it was the Patriots, we had no chance anyway right? Thats the type of attitude alot of our players have, I did not know some fans did as well.

A bunch of damn losers

You're in a unique position, the rest of us are thrilled about our blowout loss yesterday!

I should have expected a smart ass...

Ah well, it was the Patriots, we had no chance anyway right? Thats the type of attitude alot of our players have, I did not know some fans did as well.

A bunch of damn losers

That's sweet. I saw some kids in my school wearing Redskins jerseys and sweatshirts. Actually it's the same kids that wear the same Skins stuff once a week anyways (Like I should talk. I wear my Cooley jersey once a week). So it's nice to see younger fans still in the "game". It was painful to talk about the game in the teacher lunch room, but I was able to talk about it w/out tearing up.:laugh: I'm still a Redskins fan. We will beat the Jets!

That's sweet. I saw some kids in my school wearing Redskins jerseys and sweatshirts. Actually it's the same kids that wear the same Skins stuff once a week anyways (Like I should talk. I wear my Cooley jersey once a week). So it's nice to see younger fans still in the "game". It was painful to talk about the game in the teacher lunch room, but I was able to talk about it w/out tearing up.:laugh: I'm still a Redskins fan. We will beat the Jets!

I'll say this. The Redskins are not a bad team. Do we have holes in our team? Yeah, we do, and so does 30 other teams in the NFL. So while I do understand why you might be embarrassed to be a 'Skins fan after a thumping like this, I'm not at all. What happened is that we ran into a great (but contrary to what many believe, still mortal) football team, and they waxed us. They had a great day, we had a very bad one: because they outplayed us, they wanted it more, they executed better, and they have the better personnel.

I am VERY MUCH still proud to be a Redskins fan because of the class that our head coach showed after the game. In the face of being blown out, he went out of his way to give all the credit to the Patriots and Belichek. He's a better man than I would've been after getting trounced, and then looking over to the Patriots sideline to see Bruschi jumping around like an over-excited adolescent girl when the scoreboard clicked to 45-0. Gibbs kept his calm in the face of Wes Welker spiking the ball in the end zone when the game was clearly out of hand, while Tom Brady was fist-pumping his way off the field.

What WILL embarrass me is the following:

1.) Our team turning on the coaching staff and coming out with derogatory statements that do nothing in the way of helping the team to improve at all....only fracture our situation further.

2.) Coming out and laying a fat egg against the Jets, which will most assuredly lead to a downward spiral for the rest of the season.

3.) (Really an extension of #2), but if we don't show some emotion in the days leading up to the Jets, and if the players act as though they are indifferent to what happened yesterday, I will be seriously disappointed. Its one thing to get blown out, but its another to just crawl into a hole or complain about injuries and act like they don't care. We are clearly a better football team than the Jets, injuries or not. We need to come out and throttle them and show some damn emotion doing it.

I'll say this. The Redskins are not a bad team. Do we have holes in our team? Yeah, we do, and so does 30 other teams in the NFL. So while I do understand why you might be embarrassed to be a 'Skins fan after a thumping like this, I'm not at all. What happened is that we ran into a great (but contrary to what many believe, still mortal) football team, and they waxed us. They had a great day, we had a very bad one: because they outplayed us, they wanted it more, they executed better, and they have the better personnel.

I am VERY MUCH still proud to be a Redskins fan because of the class that our head coach showed after the game. In the face of being blown out, he went out of his way to give all the credit to the Patriots and Belichek. He's a better man than I would've been after getting trounced, and then looking over to the Patriots sideline to see Bruschi jumping around like an over-excited adolescent girl when the scoreboard clicked to 45-0. Gibbs kept his calm in the face of Wes Welker spiking the ball in the end zone when the game was clearly out of hand, while Tom Brady was fist-pumping his way off the field.

What WILL embarrass me is the following:

1.) Our team turning on the coaching staff and coming out with derogatory statements that do nothing in the way of helping the team to improve at all....only fracture our situation further.

2.) Coming out and laying a fat egg against the Jets, which will most assuredly lead to a downward spiral for the rest of the season.

3.) (Really an extension of #2), but if we don't show some emotion in the days leading up to the Jets, and if the players act as though they are indifferent to what happened yesterday, I will be seriously disappointed. Its one thing to get blown out, but its another to just crawl into a hole or complain about injuries and act like they don't care. We are clearly a better football team than the Jets, injuries or not. We need to come out and throttle them and show some damn emotion doing it.

Archived