Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Gibbs Post Game Press Conference

buenosdiaz

It was stunning to watch a lifeless Gibbs on the post game. I love Gibbs yet he lost the formula for winning after the first tenure. He didnt look as mad as hell and not gonna take it anymore. :) :)

Sad isn't it? I think he came back for the money. He already had the SuperBowls and the Hall of Fame. They can't take that from him. He looked lifeless at the presser and it was horrible to hear your coach say to the media "We are the biggest underdogs in history" after losing 52-7. I hope this is his last year here. We the fans deserve so much more

less than an NFC loss...

I almost felt as bad after we beat the Cardinals last week. That felt like a loss. What is going on here? :(

Some people still have there homer glasses on. I guess when you wear those you can't see game like this week and last week.:doh:

less than an NFC loss...

I almost felt as bad after we beat the Cardinals last week. That felt like a loss. What is going on here? :(

Some people still have there homer glasses on. I guess when you wear those you can't see game like this week and last week.:doh:

I sort of wish we were playing somebody better than the Jets next week. Seems a shame to waste what should be a redemption effort on them.

Good lord. Skins sucking is not about lack of effort or coaching issues. This is about how Skins should deal with injuries.

We need to play the weakest, wimpiest teams possible until we get healthier. If we ever get healthy this year.

I sort of wish we were playing somebody better than the Jets next week. Seems a shame to waste what should be a redemption effort on them.

Good lord. Skins sucking is not about lack of effort or coaching issues. This is about how Skins should deal with injuries.

We need to play the weakest, wimpiest teams possible until we get healthier. If we ever get healthy this year.

I'm tired about hearing how Gibbs won 3 SB's for us way back when...time to move on.

Its yr 4 and we're not that much better than yr 1. We keep hearing the same BS every week. Its always on Gibbs, he keeps telling everyone it falls on him.- Ok do something about it. I'm sorry but Gibbs 2 is a huge failure....pls don't keep bringing up what he did 20 years ago and how that should be a free cards to stink up the joint now. Gibbs has got to go this yr if we don't make it deep into the playoffs

I'm tired about hearing how Gibbs won 3 SB's for us way back when...time to move on.

Its yr 4 and we're not that much better than yr 1. We keep hearing the same BS every week. Its always on Gibbs, he keeps telling everyone it falls on him.- Ok do something about it. I'm sorry but Gibbs 2 is a huge failure....pls don't keep bringing up what he did 20 years ago and how that should be a free cards to stink up the joint now. Gibbs has got to go this yr if we don't make it deep into the playoffs

No but this loss hurt a lot less than an NFC loss.

What? Well thank goodness you cleared this up! So there IS a silver lining! Pfft....

less than an NFC loss...

EXACTLY!!!! With the exception of the Detriot win, where we actually looked like an NFL team, our wins have been darn near mistakes. Whether we'd like to admit it or not, Arizona out-played us and we were lucky to walk away with that game. Our winning record is not indicative of this team. We're not dynamic on either side of the ball, and sooner or later our luck is going to run out. You can take that to the bank.

true. He could rip into the players in the locker room for all we know.

Bring on The JETS

Sure, he might. But I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he doesn't. That's not his style.

I see him doing that parent thing..........you know the one.........."Son I'm not mad at you, I'm just really DISAPPOINTED."

That works on kids in high school, but grown men just brush that stuff off. The results we see are fairly evident of that.

:applause: To add more to your comments here...How much respect the players are going to have for a coach if your coach keeps on putting salt on a wound.

Even if my team loses and I am the coach I am going to tell me team - Hey we played our guts out and will learn from this lose so we can do a better job next time. Now that is a good coach.

That is how I use to coach my team of techs. Give them confidence and encourge the one that were slow to try harder next time. If you don't know how to coach people then please don't act or talk like you do!!!!

Wow. You've obviously never played sports at a very high level. First of all I'll tell you that I played baseball at a division 1 school, and for the Cleveland Indians triple A team many moons ago, so I'm not blowing smoke out of my hind end.

You're totally and completely wrong. I've played for coaches who got results. Not because they were everyone's best friend, but because they had energy and were intense sons of you-know-whats who demanded results. They didn't do that by saying........"Gee whiz guys, I know you really tried your hardest but the chips didn't fall our way. Lets all learn from this and do better next time."

That's not coaching..............well I guess it is if you're playing for a county rec. team where everyone gets equal playing time and there's no true emphasis on winning. Keep in mind we're also talking about men who are paid more in a year than most folks will earn in a lifetime.

Your comment is totally without merit and trust me when I say the way you coach your team of techs has no parallel to coaching and motivating a group of professional athletes.

No, he should NOT have mentioned the TD in garbage time. He SHOULD have said that he was disappointed that we did not come to play today. Give credit to the Pats for playing a great game and being well prepared, but say that our team (including ownership and the fans) also deserve to be completely prepared and deserve to have the best playmakers on the field. And after a thorough loss like this in every phase of the game, we have to evaluate each and every personal contribution to the team this week.

That lights a fire under both the coaches and the players. And most importantly it sets the bar for what the PRESIDENT of our team is willing to accept.

And then tomorrow throw away the STUPID, tired script of "well we won the starting field position battle" and we were happy with our pass defense on passes over 75 yards, and we're giving an award and a nice parking space to Cooley for scoring the TD there.

Very well said. Finally someone who gets it.

No but this loss hurt a lot less than an NFC loss.

What? Well thank goodness you cleared this up! So there IS a silver lining! Pfft....

less than an NFC loss...

EXACTLY!!!! With the exception of the Detriot win, where we actually looked like an NFL team, our wins have been darn near mistakes. Whether we'd like to admit it or not, Arizona out-played us and we were lucky to walk away with that game. Our winning record is not indicative of this team. We're not dynamic on either side of the ball, and sooner or later our luck is going to run out. You can take that to the bank.

true. He could rip into the players in the locker room for all we know.

Bring on The JETS

Sure, he might. But I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he doesn't. That's not his style.

I see him doing that parent thing..........you know the one.........."Son I'm not mad at you, I'm just really DISAPPOINTED."

That works on kids in high school, but grown men just brush that stuff off. The results we see are fairly evident of that.

:applause: To add more to your comments here...How much respect the players are going to have for a coach if your coach keeps on putting salt on a wound.

Even if my team loses and I am the coach I am going to tell me team - Hey we played our guts out and will learn from this lose so we can do a better job next time. Now that is a good coach.

That is how I use to coach my team of techs. Give them confidence and encourge the one that were slow to try harder next time. If you don't know how to coach people then please don't act or talk like you do!!!!

Wow. You've obviously never played sports at a very high level. First of all I'll tell you that I played baseball at a division 1 school, and for the Cleveland Indians triple A team many moons ago, so I'm not blowing smoke out of my hind end.

You're totally and completely wrong. I've played for coaches who got results. Not because they were everyone's best friend, but because they had energy and were intense sons of you-know-whats who demanded results. They didn't do that by saying........"Gee whiz guys, I know you really tried your hardest but the chips didn't fall our way. Lets all learn from this and do better next time."

That's not coaching..............well I guess it is if you're playing for a county rec. team where everyone gets equal playing time and there's no true emphasis on winning. Keep in mind we're also talking about men who are paid more in a year than most folks will earn in a lifetime.

Your comment is totally without merit and trust me when I say the way you coach your team of techs has no parallel to coaching and motivating a group of professional athletes.

No, he should NOT have mentioned the TD in garbage time. He SHOULD have said that he was disappointed that we did not come to play today. Give credit to the Pats for playing a great game and being well prepared, but say that our team (including ownership and the fans) also deserve to be completely prepared and deserve to have the best playmakers on the field. And after a thorough loss like this in every phase of the game, we have to evaluate each and every personal contribution to the team this week.

That lights a fire under both the coaches and the players. And most importantly it sets the bar for what the PRESIDENT of our team is willing to accept.

And then tomorrow throw away the STUPID, tired script of "well we won the starting field position battle" and we were happy with our pass defense on passes over 75 yards, and we're giving an award and a nice parking space to Cooley for scoring the TD there.

Very well said. Finally someone who gets it.

EXACTLY!!!! With the exception of the Detriot win, where we actually looked like an NFL team, our wins have been darn near mistakes.

Then what were our non-Patriot losses? Were they mistakes too?

Sorry man, but sometimes you don't win by 20. Just because you didn't blow the other team out doesn't mean the win was a "mistake". I can't believe I'm saying this, but take your win like a man! :rolleyes:

EXACTLY!!!! With the exception of the Detriot win, where we actually looked like an NFL team, our wins have been darn near mistakes.

Then what were our non-Patriot losses? Were they mistakes too?

Sorry man, but sometimes you don't win by 20. Just because you didn't blow the other team out doesn't mean the win was a "mistake". I can't believe I'm saying this, but take your win like a man! :rolleyes:

Gibbs is corny dude !! Why are people afraid to say so i dont know!! everyone keeps talking about the 3 superbowl wins he had like way back in 1789, He is down rite pitiful rite now!! So keep dreamin that he will wake up and all of a sudden win a super bowl!! Cause it aint gonna happen till Mr. Gibbs leaves!!!

Gibbs is corny dude !! Why are people afraid to say so i dont know!! everyone keeps talking about the 3 superbowl wins he had like way back in 1789, He is down rite pitiful rite now!! So keep dreamin that he will wake up and all of a sudden win a super bowl!! Cause it aint gonna happen till Mr. Gibbs leaves!!!

The Gar Heard method really doesn't work (you guys never thought you'd see a Gar Heard reference in the stadium did you?)

Neither does the Jim Mora senior method of "we suck" or Denny Green

Joe Gibbs says the exact same thing at every press conference, even after winning a Super Bowl. I don't know why people think it will ever change

The voice of reason lives on.

:applause:

The Gar Heard method really doesn't work (you guys never thought you'd see a Gar Heard reference in the stadium did you?)

Neither does the Jim Mora senior method of "we suck" or Denny Green

Joe Gibbs says the exact same thing at every press conference, even after winning a Super Bowl. I don't know why people think it will ever change

The voice of reason lives on.

:applause:

Archived